I like the smaller rotation since chemistry might be the priority at this stage | The Boneyard

I like the smaller rotation since chemistry might be the priority at this stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mentioned this is a few other threads but felt it deserved its own. I like that KO used a smaller rotation of 8 players, though primarily 7 today. I think KO underestimated the need to develop chemistry with a few new players added to the team and many in new roles. Even in double-digit leads, I like him keeping the core players in there till they begin to execute better together. Even today we saw some players not ready for some passes...well Brimah was the primary culprit. And I'm sure players weren't where they should have been at times in the half-court or at least didn't hit their spots for screens or in the best places on the floor to receive passes as they should. They looked a tad better in the half court at times, but still aren't executing at a high level.

Once they begin to execute at a high level and with efficiency, then I think he can work other players in there a tad more often, but at this point the primary 7 to 8 need to get the majority of the minutes, of course, unless they're in serious foul trouble.

I like Omar as that first wing off the bench. I like Facey as that first big. If Omar is not having a good game and they aren't in good foul situation to play Gibbs, Purvis and Adams at the same time, then give SCJr some spot PT.

This is how JC used to do it, which worked out well. Only late in the season when some of the bench guys proved they could come in and contribute at a high level and his primary guys were playing well together, that he'd be more liberal with PT. And even then it rarely went beyond players 9 or 10 to get more than a shift or two. Sometimes if he had some experienced bench guys who had been with the program a while, they'd get some solid off-the-bench PT, but this team really doesn't have that. Granted Nolan has been around here a while, but he's never really played well at a consistent basis. Maybe once Miller, Brimah and Facey learn to play consistently and well along with DHam and the guards, KO can spot Nolan in there, but till then I'd like to see that primary 8 to get all the minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky
Top Bottom