I like the possibilities of using Whaley and Sanogo together at times | The Boneyard

I like the possibilities of using Whaley and Sanogo together at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Whaley can guard anyone. They would make a hell of a rebounding combo. Imagine having those 2, Martin and Bouk on the floor all together? We would get so many second chance points.

Reaction Score
Whaley can guard anyone. They would make a hell of a rebounding combo. Imagine having those 2, Martin and Bouk on the floor all together? We would get so many second chance points.

We better... 'cause that lineup can't shoot!

But in all seriousness, I think the lineup with Whaley and Sanogo deserves at least a little run. Start with a 5 minutes stint versus a team that likes to go big and see how it looks, maybe.

I'm not in love with any of our PF options other than Akok. And you all know I'm not a big proponent of :going big". And considering that we recruited Johnson, I think Hurley probably isn't either. Right now, I do think Martin or Polley is our best bet most of the time. But I think it's worth at least a try--or should have been during these cupcake games.

We need a little bit of a shakeup, and I'm always in favor of lineup flexibility for matchups. Though there is obviously the real chance that Hurley has seen it in practice and thinks Sanogo/Whaley is a terrible idea too.

Reaction Score
There is some potential there.

If Sanogo continues to play poised on the offensive end, It could allow some touches for him and against a zone, not that I want him shooting it all day,, but Whaley has a decent medium range jumper and could be an effective passer from the top of the key.

I just think if they're facing man, I'd like Martin and Jackson out there with their cutting ability along with Bouk and either point guard.
Facing a zone, I'd like Polley at the 3, making it harder for that zone to collapse quickly. A lot of young big man struggle facing that type of defense.

Either way, it early and between this discussion and the discussion about Gaffney/Cole, they are nice problems to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom