I Like The Bracket Better Than Charlie's | The Boneyard

I Like The Bracket Better Than Charlie's

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Isn't there now an NCAA rule that they can't put two teams from the same conference in the Top 4 seeds in any regional? If so, that would preclude having Notre Dame and Florida State both in the Lexington regional as this article suggests.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Isn't there now an NCAA rule that they can't put two teams from the same conference in the Top 4 seeds in any regional? If so, that would preclude having Notre Dame and Florida State both in the Lexington regional as this article suggests.
Yeah, that guy has no idea what he's doing.

He does have Miami as a #4 seed, which would be the 5th ACC team among the top 4 seeds and would force Miami into a regional with either Duke or FSU.

But ND and FSU cannot be in the same regional. Nor can Stanford and UCLA (he has them both in the OKC regional).

Reaction Score
I have no idea as to whether or not this writer has a clue. But, honestly, as Husky fans, I think we have a tendency to dwell too much on what the selection committe does, and whether or not its decisions are "fair" to our favorite team. Personally, because, well, especially because, I don't think there's a team out there that can or will defeat UConn, I'd like to see us assigned whatever the consensus toughest draw is.

There now exist only two possible outcomes for the Huskies this season: After all the dire pre-season predictions, they will either sail through the tournament (as I expect), undefeated, or, horror of horrors, they will experience a one-loss season with future team additions ensuring a virtual lock on the title next year...not too shabby. Any of us would have taken that scenario in a heartbeat four months ago. But if it is indeed to be a Championship season once again this year, I'd like to see us beat down a succession of the best-rated opponents! Always more satisfying.

Reaction Score
I though it was same conference couldn't meet till the elite 8?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The rule is that you cannot have two conference teams possibly meeting before the elite eight game unless the conference sends 9 or more teams to a tournament. Having one 1 or 4 seed and one 2 or 3 seed in a region is acceptable.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I though it was same conference couldn't meet till the elite 8?
That used to be the only rule until a few years ago. That rule still exists, but there is now an additional rule that two teams from the same conference cannot be among the top 4 in the same region.

That happened because in one year when Rutgers was very good, UConn and Rutgers met in the Elite 8 game, so only one could be in the Final Four. Then a few years later, Baylor (with Griner) played A&M in the Elite 8 and lost, missing the Final Four.

The Committee decided that they didn't want any repetition of those situations, and added the extra rule.

Reaction Score
I have no idea as to whether or not this writer has a clue. But, honestly, as Husky fans, I think we have a tendency to dwell too much on what the selection committe does, and whether or not its decisions are "fair" to our favorite team. Personally, because, well, especially because, I don't think there's a team out there that can or will defeat UConn, I'd like to see us assigned whatever the consensus toughest draw is.

There now exist only two possible outcomes for the Huskies this season: After all the dire pre-season predictions, they will either sail through the tournament (as I expect), undefeated, or, horror of horrors, they will experience a one-loss season with future team additions ensuring a virtual lock on the title next year...not too shabby. Any of us would have taken that scenario in a heartbeat four months ago. But if it is indeed to be a Championship season once again this year, I'd like to see us beat down a succession of the best-rated opponents! Always more satisfying.

Agree about next year, BP, but haven't we already beaten the best of the best this year? Maybe we should have to play the few prominent teams we haven't played yet, though I think we've already done enough to establish our supremacy. However, there's no guarantee that we can topple the same good team(s) twice this season, so I'd like to see our path made as easy as possible. Louisville's upset of Baylor a few seasons ago paved the way for our ultimate NC. Not saying we couldn't have beaten the Bears that year but glad that we didn't have to find out. Whatever's best for our ladies.

Reaction Score
I do not care who is in UCONN's bracket or not, let the other teams have to play UCONN in CT...........Good Luck!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Though there was no attribution that I could find, the Bristol story noted the J-I, so I assume that was Carl Adamec's work, and Carl really knows his stuff. I like his brackets better than Creme's for both the overall balance and the UConn bracket. I am a little uneasy about Stanford and less so about Oregon State. Sorry, Triad, I have no concerns about Duke, but congrats on an unexpectedly good season!

Reaction Score
Would be cool to see the uconn team to face at least two out of Stanford, Oregon State and Miss State if not all three. Along the way, if Washington, Duke, Louisville becomes casualty it will be nice as well. In call, this young team could brag to have defeated more top 15 teams..

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Only request is that West Virginia is nowhere near Storrs or Bridgeport or Dallas.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That used to be the only rule until a few years ago. That rule still exists, but there is now an additional rule that two teams from the same conference cannot be among the top 4 in the same region.

That happened because in one year when Rutgers was very good, UConn and Rutgers met in the Elite 8 game, so only one could be in the Final Four. Then a few years later, Baylor (with Griner) played A&M in the Elite 8 and lost, missing the Final Four.

The Committee decided that they didn't want any repetition of those situations, and added the extra rule.
The only caveat is the "math limitation" if 5 or more teams from one conference rank in the top 16, as it would be impossible to not include two teams in one region.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom