I like Texas this year | The Boneyard

I like Texas this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I happened upon the elite 8 game against Texas while perusing my DVR- that was a tough game for us- that Texas team didn't quit. Impressive, particularly in light of the defeat we dealt them in 2015. I think Karen Aston is a fine coach. Now with Lauren Cox... they should be really good. I'm wondering what their schedule looks like- I'll check it out.

Reaction Score
I happened upon the elite 8 game against Texas while perusing my DVR- that was a tough game for us- that Texas team didn't quit. Impressive, particularly in light of the defeat we dealt them in 2015. I think Karen Aston is a fine coach. Now with Lauren Cox... they should be really good. I'm wondering what their schedule looks like- I'll check it out.

I think Texas will be pretty good but Lauren Cox probably won't help them much since she plays for Baylor.

Reaction Score
I think you mean Joyner Holmes ?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I goofed big time...
Teach-despite the goof, your basketball instincts are solid. Living in Texas, both men's and women's teams are going big time. Great programs that are getting full support of school, high energy city, and school admin. Amazing base of top D1 prospects to recruit from. Hope UConn puts them on schedule-I see Huskies at SMU each year but hope to expand to Austin.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Aston has certainly revived that program and is recruiting really well. She is getting to the point where she has the horses to seriously contend - I'll be interested to see how that goes, and she is in conference with a team that will test her often. It is hard to really judge her coaching ability yet - her teams played well but were overmatched from a talent perspective, she no longer will have that fall-back position.

Reaction Score
Aston has certainly revived that program and is recruiting really well. She is getting to the point where she has the horses to seriously contend - I'll be interested to see how that goes, and she is in conference with a team that will test her often. It is hard to really judge her coaching ability yet - her teams played well but were overmatched from a talent perspective, she no longer will have that fall-back position.
This year's WCBB schedule of games is front loaded with many excellent match-ups, and should provide us a good picture of the Who's Who of heavyweights by the middle of December. And, Aston's crew should be one of them.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Breaking news of a transfer?

Reaction Score
Aston told the fans that we will need to be "patient with this team" early this year but that the team could be "special" later. Texas did lose four players from last year, three starters including Imani Stafford. Two of the four were not even top 100 high school recruits. But those four players were the backbone of Aston's first four years. They provided great leaderships and showed work ethic and dedication to the program. This year, Texas has 5 new players to work in. As a fan, I think the Texas back court has just about everything: talent, skills, athleticism and experience. I also really like the freshman pg, Sutton. The front court is more of a question mark. Texas has more talent and more size up front but it remains to be seen who plays best and who plays best with the rest of the team. Joyner Holmes is an exciting addition, of course. And Audrey-Ann Caron-Goudreau looked good in her first exhibition.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes, Texas played us tighter than anyone else in the tourney. We beat them by about 20 and won both Final Four games by about 30. They lost Stafford-Odom, but still have talent and added Holmes. Next year, they add Boothe.

Reaction Score
Yes, Texas played us tighter than anyone else in the tourney. We beat them by about 20 and won both Final Four games by about 30. They lost Stafford-Odom, but still have talent and added Holmes. Next year, they add Boothe.

I think they have to beat Baylor at least once this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom