I know we are the WCBB fanatics but... | The Boneyard

I know we are the WCBB fanatics but...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
when you go to the ESPN NCAAW page the Top Headlines are embarrassing in the fact of how outdated they are. Today is Sat, Dec 15
from the top:
1. Michigan new is from Monday, Dec 10 (sort of ok to be in top 6 or 7)
2. SC vs. Duke cancellation from last Sunday, Dec 9 (sorry that's a bit old now)
3. Kornet from UCLA ineligible to win a car from Dec 8, (sort of ok as it's a human interest story)
4. UConn (yeah!) to retire HOFers #'s from Dec 7 (8 days old)
5. UConn Gordon transfer, Dec 6 (9 days old)
6. Oregon AD put on probation Dec 5 (10 days old)
7. MM apologizes to fans (not to UConn) from Dec 5 (10 days old).

As a sport that ESPN is vested in, given all the writers they know across the country, why can't they get more recent stories to post up on the board? Yes, the NC State article is nice but all others are 5-10 days old. I know it's a slow week with many schools in finals but there are some really good stories and surprise teams that could warrant something.

There's an old phrase in academia, "Publish or perish" to continually publish articles to further one's career or product. So, "Hello?, ESPN? Hello?" please give us something of substance to latch onto.

How about a deep dive into Arike Ogunbowale's abhorrent behavior and physical harm she presented, which is as bad or worse than Grayson Allen's actions, which like Allen's was done in multiple games (Oregon St/UConn).

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm still seeing the top ten plays from the UConn-ND rivalry and a story about Ogunbowale's shot.

Reaction Score
we love it but WBB is at the lower end of the major collegiate sports totem pole..............frankly, based on the size of the audience I'm thankful they report on it at all..............:rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
You need to go to the ESPN site,follow the black bar to the 3 dots. Click on the 3 dots then find the women's page in the drop down.

Very little if any mention of UConn. But this should not surprise anyone. Top headlines section has an article on Lobo and Allen having their number retired. For more articles you have to scroll way down to find a hanful of UConn articles.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There's an old phrase in academia, "Publish or perish" to continually publish articles to further one's career or product. So, "Hello?, ESPN? Hello?" please give us something of substance to latch onto.
If ESPN's web content is as scantly viewed as academic publications, no wonder they're a sinking ship ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom