I Know This Has Been Beat To Death But... | The Boneyard

I Know This Has Been Beat To Death But...

Reaction Score
Just to be be clear, Rodney catches the ball inbounds and then moves his foot to touch the line with his first step or does he catch the ball with his foot on the line? Or third choice is it a smorgasbord of different violations? They don't usually show close ups. Anyway I guess it's getting a bit late for a cure for this.

Reaction Score
I don't want to beat on Rodney at this point, but I would be amused by a video compilation containing every single one of these. I've never seen anything quite like it.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I don't want to beat on Rodney at this point, but I would be amused by a video compilation containing every single one of these. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Dion Carson, who started his UConn career at 22 as a Junior. Played junior college ball for 2 years before being recruited by JC. Spent 2 non-noteworthy years here as the 5th guard behind Ray, Doron, Ricky and Rash. But he had that "shift your right foot out of bounds as you start your move" deal down to a science.

His other claim to notoriety was being in the car with Antric Klaiber when Antric got suspended following a DUI accident. But that was like 8 months after he had graduated.

Reaction Score
That USF game's only two flaws were Purvis' two classic moves:
1. Catch ball out of bounds.
2. Miss ill advised layup/dunk on the break that results in a made 3 at the other end.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
2. Miss ill advised layup/dunk on the break that results in a made 3 at the other end.
Hope you're joking. But I doubt it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

So UConn only had 1 turnover and 1 ill advised play and everything else was perfect????
Right - only Rodney is a screw-up
Give me/him a break

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just to be be clear, Rodney catches the ball inbounds and then moves his foot to touch the line with his first step or does he catch the ball with his foot on the line? Or third choice is it a smorgasbord of different violations? They don't usually show close ups. Anyway I guess it's getting a bit late for a cure for this.
I commented to this in the chatroom last night
He seems to always take a step back with one foot when he catches a ball - don't know if it is a reactionary thing that turned into a habit or if he is anticipating to push off on a catch and go
My son and I caught onto this last year at the games when we were wondering why he did this so much and we isolated on him during offensive possessions. You notice he doesn't do it when he is in control of the ball its usually when he receives it
It's weird

Reaction Score
Can we at least get a clear number on how many times he has done this in a UConn uniform? My guess is 20. Stepping out of bounds can now so simply be referred to as Purvising. Good to see him play so well despite Purvising.

Reaction Score

Don't tempt me.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So UConn only had 1 turnover and 1 ill advised play and everything else was perfect????
Right - only Rodney is a screw-up
Give me/him a break
I guess he missed the RP alley oop to Jalen that should have been a highlight play and an assist except Jalen totally fumbled the play.

Reaction Score

Or when CV pulled a RP and tried to dunk over the Empire State Building...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Or when CV pulled a RP and tried to dunk over the Empire State Building..

Haha, the best part was how afterwards he looked entirely convinced that he had JUST missed. Chris, my man, you weren't even close. To quote from one of my favorite movies, "Son, you wouldn't have known what to do with it even if you had gotten there."

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Well @tcf15 hasn't had a very eventful season so far..

jk man don't do it

Let our redshirts put one together this year and let it count as a project for some sort of media/communications class.

Reaction Score
Never has been a question of Rodney as a quality guy who reps the program well, and he can get on some crazy good runs as he has lately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom