I know its exhibition | The Boneyard

I know its exhibition

Reaction Score
i know this is exihition. 2 things... lets have a video feed thats better. How many championships so far? Get better hardware. Secondly, lets manage these 1 minute long advertising banners by shortening the time on screen. Let us watch the game please. Thanks.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
i know this is exihition. 2 things... lets have a video feed thats better. How many championships so far? Get better hardware. Secondly, lets manage these 1 minute long advertising banners by shortening the time on screen. Let us watch the game please. Thanks.

Agreed. Whoever is running the board needs to understand the viewers want to see the game, not ads or replays. Show replays during timeouts. We should not miss "live" action because the board op chose to show a replay, which we have done several time already. :mad:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Ummmm "free"

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The second and final exhibition game will be over in about an hour. No more games on Huskyvision, until next year's exhibition games and then the complaints will begin anew.

Reaction Score
I believe the video is the video that the folks in the arena see, nothing more, nothing less. There are limited cameras and they are shooting for people who actually can watch the game live, which causes them to soot different things than would a crew for ESPN, say.
As for me, while I would hate to see video like this for the regular season games, I'm grateful to have it for the two exhibition games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe the video is the video that the folks in the arena see, nothing more, nothing less. There are limited cameras and they are shooting for people who actually can watch the game live, which causes them to soot different things than would a crew for ESPN, say.
As for me, while I would hate to see video like this for the regular season games, I'm grateful to have it for the two exhibition games.
I'm grateful, too, but the quality wasn't good. Improvement would be appreciated.

Carnac

Reaction Score
No doubt team Ashland had a whirlwind road trip to begin their season playing exhibition games against Ohio State and UConn. Big losses in both games were anticipated due to the difference in talent and height. After what the Ashland players experienced today, it's a good bet they'll return to Ohio glad they play in Division 2, and won't see anymore D1 teams this year.

Ashland's visit to Storrs was genius for their coach. Rather than sit on her laurels of winning the national championship 7 months ago, she chose to take advantage of this rare opportunity, to expose her team to UConn's coaches, players, practices, and tradition in an effort to get even better. Fact: Iron sharpens iron. Ashland will benefit from this experience all season.

I guess now the next thing on the horizon is to see if the Huskies land ONO and/or Williams, and get ready for Stanford.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

Spot on, TC. Folks are complaining about the quality of what they think was a TV broadcast/webcast. What it actually was, methinks, was a simple feed from the video scoreboard. This explains the ad placements and the unusual video “direction.” What puzzles me a bit is the failure to take a tap from the video input to the scoreboard, as opposed to the scoreboard video output. Then, we would only have seen the camera work without the competing graphics. I’d guess they just did whatever was easiest and cheapest. It gets better from here.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but you guys are way too spoiled. How many programs out there don't even get to see all of their regular season games, let alone exhibitions? We have it so good compared to most programs, and people are complaining about the feed for a game most other programs wouldn't bother to stream!

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but you guys are way too spoiled. How many programs out there don't even get to see all of their regular season games, let alone exhibitions? We have it so good compared to most programs, and people are complaining about the feed for a game most other programs wouldn't bother to stream!
We like it that way

Carnac

Reaction Score
Spot on, TC. Folks are complaining about the quality of what they think was a TV broadcast/webcast. What it actually was, methinks, was a simple feed from the video scoreboard. This explains the ad placements and the unusual video “direction.” What puzzles me a bit is the failure to take a tap from the video input to the scoreboard, as opposed to the scoreboard video output. Then, we would only have seen the camera work without the competing graphics. I’d guess they just did whatever was easiest and cheapest. It gets better from here.

Beggars can't be choosers. I'm happy and greatful that these games were available to us, after all, they were free. Last year I had to pay to see the two exhibition games. Thank goodness for Hi-Def technology. Things were a little "fuzzy" today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom