I know Collier’s commitment to Texas hurts but Don’t forget how bad we wanted Megan Walker | The Boneyard

I know Collier’s commitment to Texas hurts but Don’t forget how bad we wanted Megan Walker

Reaction Score
I just remember, a year ago, that I wanted Megan Walker to sign with UConn more than anything. Collier’s defection stings but 3 years from now (maybe sooner) Megan Walker will be the face of women’s college basketball. Of course it would have been amazing to have both but UConn will find a way. Winning championships is what we do. These other teams may have a good recruiting run for a couple of years but THEY WILL ALWAYS BE LOOKING UP AT UConn!

Reaction Score
If Uconn swings and misses in2018, the 2019 and 2020 classes will be the most talented two consecutive classes in its history.Geno is already at a level in recruiting where most kids who don't come to Storrs are worried about playing time.If there is an open year without any newbies just watch the level of talent that arrives in the next two years.It will be phenomenal.

Reaction Score
Walker’s a nice player, but I think the other highly touted guard will be more impactful for UCONN this year.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Walker’s a nice player, but I think the other highly touted guard will be more impactful for UCONN this year.
There are two other highly touted guards on the team this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm really happy that we have Meg. I hope we get Christyn too. Geno will make her all-world.

Reaction Score
Yes, I’m referring to Coombs. I think she’s going to be a defensive stopper for UCONN and provide them with scoring. I also think that she’ll be the first freshman off the bench.
She reminds me alot like Swin Cash! just her style of play.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Welcome to the Boneyard swimswam. We're glad to have you join us. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes, I’m referring to Coombs. I think she’s going to be a defensive stopper for UCONN and provide them with scoring. I also think that she’ll be the first freshman off the bench.

I am not sure of the "first of the bench" part but I agree Coombs will have at least as big an impact on the team and probably have the most minutes of the freshman class since Walker has to crack a front line that is stacked.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard swimswam. We're glad to have you join us. :)

I dunno about that. Swimfan the movie dealt with an obsessed stalker. Just sayin....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would bet on Megan being the first Freshmen off the bench because of her versatility. Megan can replace Kia as the PG. She can replace Kia as the SG if Crystal starts. She can replace KLS at either the SG position or the SF. And she can replace either Gabby or Napheesa at the PF position. Among what is expected to be UCONN's first 6 rotation players Megan can replace 5.

Reaction Score
I would bet on Megan being the first Freshmen off the bench because of her versatility. Megan can replace Kia as the PG. She can replace Kia as the SG if Crystal starts. She can replace KLS at either the SG position or the SF. And she can replace either Gabby or Napheesa at the PF position. Among what is expected to be UCONN's first 6 rotation players Megan can replace 5.
I actually look at Coombs as being the more versatile player/defender, which is the reason why I think that she’ll be the first freshman off the bench. Coombs can play and defend the one through three positions. Megan is not a PG or a PF. She’s a SF that can play SG depending on the matchup.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I actually look at Coombs as being the more versatile player/defender, which is the reason why I think that she’ll be the first freshman off the bench. Coombs can play and defend the one through three positions. Megan is not a PG or a PF. She’s a SF that can play SG depending on the matchup.
Megan is at UCONN, I wouldn't say what she can't be until Geno has had a chance to coach her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If Uconn swings and misses in2018, the 2019 and 2020 classes will be the most talented two consecutive classes in its history.Geno is already at a level in recruiting where most kids who don't come to Storrs are worried about playing time.If there is an open year without any newbies just watch the level of talent that arrives in the next two years.It will be phenomenal.

Bill Belichick said (I'm paraphrasing) No matter how well you did last year, you can't stand pat and expect to continue to win. You must continue to "aggressively" improve your roster every year. If not, those chasing you will eventually will catch up. A great recruiter is worth their weight in gold, and worth every penny their paid!! Geno's coaches are excellent recruiters. Their record speaks for its self!!

Being able to bring in the best players possible will make your program. I think we can all agree, UConn needs a BIG from one of the next two classes. We had a good one (#1 in her class) on the hook, but we couldn't get her in the boat. :( It just means that she was not suppose to be here. I hope she never regrets that decision. There is one out there that IS suppose to be here, and we eagerly await her announcement and arrival. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I am not sure of the "first of the bench" part but I agree Coombs will have at least as big an impact on the team and probably have the most minutes of the freshman class since Walker has to crack a front line that is stacked.

Walker is a 2/3, why would she have to "crack a front line that is stacked"?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom