Reaction Score
our 4 guards

Hamilton
Gibbs
Purvis
Adams

all played well for the most part at the SAME time fairly consistently

with Amida in the middle and Shonn Miller playing a mobile 4 man

with a solid bench of role players Calhoun Nolan Facey Enoch-- and one of the big 4 guards as sixth man for bench scoring punch

I just havent see the team I really thought we were capable of. We cant get the 4 guards to play well AT THE SAME TIME or even close. IF we did---THEN you have a NC contender IMHO.

I look at our offense and wonder if we changed things up--if we ran some pick and roll some cross screens different cutting lanes instead of the pass the ball around the perimeter until there is 10 seconds on the clock? A more deliberate offense with smarter ball movement emphasizing more screens and cutting?

Reaction Score
How has the season thus far impacted your mock draft? Is Brimah going just 20th now?

Reaction Score
How has the season thus far impacted your mock draft? Is Brimah going just 20th now?

I think Shonn Miller might have a chance to be on a summer league team. If he could show that 3 ball more--then it is possible you could see him in the 50-60 range but most likely undrafted. Right now Amida would probably go north of 40 and no one else would see light. Gibbs probably invited to Portsmouth.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I like Shonn Miller. He is a lunch pail 4. However, there are multiple issues with Miller's NBA prospects. At 6'-7", 220 lbs., he absolutely needs college 3-point range, which is only a mid-range 2 in the NBA. He is too timid to take that shot on a regular basis, even when he's wide open. The timidity manifested itself again last night, probably due to the air ball. He also doesn't have an NBA position. He's might be a 4 in college, but his size insinuates 3 at best in the pros. If he gets a summer league invite, I think he ends up overseas, should he choose to pursue a playing career.

Reaction Score
The problem is our guards just look for big men to set picks and not to do pick and rolls. SG was a huge violator of this last night. There were many times were SM set a great pick and rolled to the basket and SG just kept dribbling and didn't even looks SM's way. You would think the coaches would be teaching our guards to do this.

Reaction Score
The problem is our guards just look for big men to set picks and not to do pick and rolls. SG was a huge violator of this last night. There were many times were SM set a great pick and rolled to the basket and SG just kept dribbling and didn't even looks SM's way. You would think the coaches would be teaching our guards to do this.

We need to set more picks and cutting the lane for the guards instead of running loops around the deep perimeter. The defense knows what we are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom