I just had a dream | The Boneyard

I just had a dream

Reaction Score
This isn’t meant to be an abstract or motivational post, this is quite literally a recap of the somewhat realistic dream I just had about our game today.

We start off ok, I remember a 32-20 score at one point, but NM State played better towards the end of the first half, and we were only up 6ish at the half. I wanna say 32-26.

Things got bad early and into the middle of the second half. With some 10 minutes left, NM State hit a 3 to take a 43-42 lead. Broadcasters were really gassing up Teddy Allen.

But then we put the clamps down. They couldn’t hit the ocean if they fell out of a boat. With 3:40 left or so, we were in front 57-44. Final score was 71-52.

Overall, not a terribly inaccurate game of how it could happen, except that’s obviously a ton of scoring for the final mins. The announcers seemed kinda sad at the final whistle and the graphic used the old husky logo.

Can’t remember too much about the players or the actual game sequences in my dream unfortunately. Except for a thunderous breakaway dunk by Adama when we were pulling away.

For part of the dream I was actually at the game (and able to run along the baseline without getting a technical foul for UConn or kicked out…), but at some point I was watching the end of the game at my house.

Probably the most inaccurate thing was that while I was watching at my house, I was flipping channels between the game and an F1 race. I did just finish the new season of Drive to Survive yesterday so this isn’t unexpected at all. But I’d more likely just throw the race on my phone or something - I typically don’t cut away from a big UConn game on the tv, even during commercial breaks.

Anyways, just had to share now to keep my energy from pumping too much as I try to fall back asleep and get another couple hours in. I fear it already may be a fool’s errand.

If the game flow or final score ends up being anywhere near accurate, I’ll be sure to post my lottery numbers for the next powerball drawing ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I had a dream that I was eating a giant marshmallow and when I woke up my pillow was gone!

Reaction Score
From 2018:

I had a very vivid dream that Uconn won it all in the not so distant future. I am sure that when you are a dedicated fan of a team it is probably not unlikely to have dreams from time to time about your favorite team but it felt so vivid. I remember, sadly, that I missed the actual game because I was on a plane. Only a serious emergency would cause me to miss a game of that magnitude, like a sudden family death or something like that.

Any way, as soon as I got to a TV at the airport I had landed in I went to check on the final score of the game as it had just ended. The stadium was going nuts, as is the case whenever a championship game comes to a finish and I heard the announcer on the TV say "....and Uconn caps off perhaps their most improbable run yet with a win over Florida for their 5th championship." It was a close game too. I remember, upon waking up, the "5th championship" portion of the quote vibrating in my head which is why I do not think this is only a memory of the 2014 final four game. It was a very surreal dream and I think I remember Hurley being the coach in the dream. Not sure what year it was in my dream but if Uconn ever finds itself on the opposite side of a bracket from Florida I am taking one for the team so to speak and booking a plane trip ASAP!

Have you had any surreal, vivid sports dreams? Did it come true? Are you still waiting? BTW, is Florida supposed to be good this year? :)

Checks bracket - No Florida.

Reaction Score
Interesting dream. I'm now rooting for a 71-52 score and for Sanogo to throw it down on the break.

The only dream I can remember from last night was about being stabbed. It kind of sucked.

Reaction Score
True story….many years ago friend of mine had a dream about a divisional playoff game between Vikings/49ers. 49ers were heavily favored, by at least 10 I believe. He told me about it before the game began, he saw the final score in large bright lights, something like 36-24 Vikings.

Sure enough, that was the exact score and we watched it unfold. Crazy spooky and none of us were smart enough to put any $$ on it somehow.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I was lying in bed last night. I drifted off and had a dream we were beating NM State 65-61. But I woke up kinda sad. But I cheered up when I realized it was only a dream, cause I know we'll beat NM State by way more than that…

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I had a dream that I was hungover and didn’t read a long boring post. It came true.
Shut up Dumpster, you Friar-loving bastard.
2AE54C84-71B2-4242-ACB0-E9B0DAEFCC3B.jpeg

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I had a dream that I was hungover and didn’t read a long boring post. It came true.

Where are you eating tonight? Ted Nugents wild game Bonanza?

Now
Shut up Dumpster, you Friar-loving bastard.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Shut up Dumpster, you Friar loving Bastard (that is entirely correct in this instance)!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom