I just finished Caron Butler's Tuff Juice | The Boneyard

I just finished Caron Butler's Tuff Juice

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is a really good read. Caron's journey is pretty inspiring. It would not have taken much for him to be another tragic story of wasted potential. Give it a look if you get a chance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Amazing story! Now I understand his love and respect for Calhoun and UConn. I work in a school with troubled kids. After I read it and told one of the teachers about it he read the book and talked with his students about it. Any UConn fan should read it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It is a really good read. Caron's journey is pretty inspiring. It would not have taken much for him to be another tragic story of wasted potential. Give it a look if you get a chance.

Read it, its great.

Should put this thread in the Pool though because Im interested in your take on what Carons options were if he werent a prodigious baskeball talent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Read it, its great.

Should put this thread in the Pool though because Im interested in your take on what Carons options were if he werent a prodigious baskeball talent.
Limited no doubt. If you start a thread down there, I'll get round to it sooner or later.

Reaction Score
I just finished the book last night. Not a lot of interesting stuff in the book about his life at UConn and in the pros, but his childhood (which is the majority of the book) was freakin' CRAZY and quite a story. Highly interesting read and I'm glad that Caron is where he is with his life. Could have easily been like dozens of Racine kids and be either incarcerated for life or dead from gang violence.

Reaction Score
I've had his book in my pile of books to be read.
Reading this post just moved it up to next in line.
Even though I've read a lot of his background elsewhere, I'm looking forward to reading this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom