I hope we win a game soon. | The Boneyard

I hope we win a game soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we can't get by Loyola. It could get really ugly.

Not to say it hasn't been pretty darn ugly so far.

Reaction Score
Are they better than Wagner of Northeastern?

Reaction Score
Loyola Marymount: They are a mature team that plays in a good conference. They are bigger than either Wagner or NE, have a couple of Euro centers at 6'10" (primary), and 7'1" (backup Frosh). Top scorer/rebounder from last year is gone, but most of their starters are 3rd or 4th year guys. They made a deep run in their conference tourney last year but they lost their games throughout the year to St Mary's and Gonzaga pretty emphatically. They lost to Nevada by about 15.

Reaction Score
To think may people didn't want to play them because they would hurt our RPI. HA!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
GREAT
another team of upper classmen
Boys vs Men
In retrospect I really wish KO had brought in at least one or two JC/5th yr grad to bolster the size and experience

Reaction Score
On the road in a small gym with a raucous crowd? This is a lose-able game even for a good UConn team, let alone this one. I just hope Ollie has gotten their minds right in the intervening 6 days. They looked to be having zero fun in the first two games and they just need to go out and play.

(And stop with the hockey substitutions. Best guys play until they're tired or in foul trouble. And stop running plays which culminate in a post feed to a big man who has no chance of scoring.)

Reaction Score
i am not feeling optimistic tbh, but maybe something changed, maybe they found this-

Secret-Stuff.jpg

Reaction Score
On the road in a small gym with a raucous crowd? This is a lose-able game even for a good UConn team, let alone this one. I just hope Ollie has gotten their minds right in the intervening 6 days. They looked to be having zero fun in the first two games and they just need to go out and play.

(And stop with the hockey substitutions. Best guys play until they're tired or in foul trouble. And stop running plays which culminate in a post feed to a big man who has no chance of scoring.)

you can already bet the house ollie will start the game immediately trying to feed facey or brimah for multiple possessions in a row. His play calling or whatever the hell he is doing on the sidelines is shoddy and completely detached from reality; none of the bigs are good post players. the fact that the fundamentals of screen setting has been eschewed to get them the ball for inefficient jump hooks is mind boggling, like cmon.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Thank you.

He needs to pick a starting 5 and ride them for better or worse ( and really at this point how can it get worse? ) he can sprinkle in some subs like 2-3 . But we need 5 players all playing 30 plus minutes so we can actually have a team gel together. Once it does, and is in the pocket THEN start adjusting .

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
They need to get Kemba in for a practice to give these guys a little pep talk and mojo with the way he's playing right now.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'd like our chances better if we were going into Cameron or Rupp. We're already 0-3 in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom