I hope Ben Gordon is in a place where he can enjoy this | The Boneyard

I hope Ben Gordon is in a place where he can enjoy this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seeing and hearing from all of the former players who were in attendance and are sending their best wishes makes me think of Ben Gordon. I just hope he's okay. I haven't heard anything about him since the trouble he had at the end of last year.

That Players Tribune piece that he wrote in 2020 about his struggles with mental illness really hit me. I hope you're good Ben, thanks and God bless!

Reaction Score
Ditto. Thought about him too. There was a guy sitting near me that looked like him with glasses but I think Ben has more dreads type hair.

My favorite Husky of all time. Wish him well and for good mental health. Life ain’t easy esp the past few years.

We’re all pulling for you, Ben!

Reaction Score
One of the more underrated Huskies. Ben, there’s a lot of love for you in Husky Nation, lean on us if you need to!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yeah, too bad he wasn't there.

I also thought of the best player we've had to never experience the postseason: CV. I've said before that I think he would've continued putting the team on his back and gotten us into the Dance. But Covid saw to it that he'd be denied. Also, fwiw, CV was exhibit A on how player development improved from post-divorce KO to DH.

Reaction Score
It's really tough to know one of my Top 5 favorite Huskies is dealing with the stuff he is.

Reaction Score
He has a bunch of UConn posts in his stories on Instagram right now. He was definitely watching and supporting during the run. Hope he gets the help he needs and we finally see him get rightfully inducted into the Huskies of Honor.

Reaction Score
Seeing and hearing from all of the former players who were in attendance and are sending their best wishes makes me think of Ben Gordon. I just hope he's okay. I haven't heard anything about him since the trouble he had at the end of last year.

That Players Tribune piece that he wrote in 2020 about his struggles with mental illness really hit me. I hope you're good Ben, thanks and God bless!
It's his birthday today

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score

I also thought of the best player we've had to never experience the postseason: CV. I've said before that I think he would've continued putting the team on his back and gotten us into the Dance. But Covid saw to it that he'd be denied. Also, fwiw, CV was exhibit A on how player development improved from post-divorce KO to DH.
Took a sec to get to "no, not charlie Villanueva", but I do appreciate all the shout outs to those guys that ride out the transition. Key parts of the process.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

I think so too. I was at Senior night at Gampel last game before Covid when we took apart Houston. We would've had to have won AAC tourney probably to get in NCAA's, but I think we couldve done exactly that. That team was firing on all cylinders at the end of the year.

Reaction Score
He really needs help.
Someone posted that it was his birthday this week. Not a great way to spend your birthday in jail. I wonder if he's not taking medication or the meds don't work. I don't see this turning out well without some drastic changes. Prayers for him.

Reaction Score
Mental health is a very serious issue and it's getting worse in this country by the day. That being said, Ben should not be able to get out on bond given his recent track record, current mental state and serious accusations here.

Reaction Score
Been following him on insta for a few years. Lately he's just been going live clearly effed up and doing terrible freestyling. I keep hoping he'll improve but I don't think he believes there is a problem. At least not a problem he's responsible for - it's always someone else.

Reaction Score
Ditto. Thought about him too. There was a guy sitting near me that looked like him with glasses but I think Ben has more dreads type hair.

My favorite Husky of all time. Wish him well and for good mental health. Life ain’t easy esp the past few years.

We’re all pulling for you, Ben!
Yeah he is one of my favorites too. I wore an original Ben Gordon number 4 without the name that I got back in 2004 to the Championship game in Houston as I loved him as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom