I have finally seen the light..... | The Boneyard

I have finally seen the light.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So basically I've been sitting back keeping ice on my nuts from the suprise kick I/we received from the ACC. By the way the UConn admin did get blind sided by the switch. They all thought it was done. Obviously they don't understand the sales process. Until the paper is signed, it is NEVER a done deal.

Now for the light. Here is what came to me during my bright light experience.

I/we are living in a world that not many other people have even heard of.

1) The Big East is and has not been very good for some time. You could probably say throughout the history of the Big East only Miami, VA Tech and West Virginia were "Big 4 Conference" type teams. We deserved the ridicule we received all these years.

2) UConn is now in a conference of their peers. If they can ever create an exciting offense they can dominate the NNBE.

3) Warde did not screw up this ACC fiasco. He takes his orders from Susan. She screwed up this deal by not getting on a plane and thanking each institution for their support. When you are face to face you can get a good feeling of what's going on. You will know for sure if you got the votes. Again a verbal sale isn't worth diddly.

4) If we can create an exciting form of football, offense and defense and beat our new conference mates, we can get 38,000 plus per game. As we have figured out the rabid fan base is small and I believe the uneducated, casual fan will get caught up in multiple 35-7, 42-10 type games (winning) and show up in droves.

5) The new branding of UConn football needs to start on Monday, December 3, 2012.

Warde needs to announce that PP and GDL are being let go and Don Brown will run the show untill a new head coach can be found. Hopefully Brown can be the permanent HC, run the defense and find a young dynamic OC who is a clone of Brown. We need a wide open, up tempo, no huddle, gimmicky type offense. At least not slow paced pro style, zone blocking crap. We HAVE TO BE exciting or we will remain part of the unknown in college football.

6) I think that past few years of JC's career with the APR stuff and the Nate Miles crap negates the NC. UL I'm sure used this in their speeches to the ACC. Not a big influence, but some.

7) If ESPN wanted an extra $10 per head here in CT not many UConn fans would blink. I think they would happy to pay at least that much for the BTN. Especially all those crazy women's BB fans. The B1G has to know that but I'm not holding my breath.

So with all that said I'm still kinda numb.I got on the bandwagon back in 1999 like many of you. It's been an amazing journey, more than I ever dreamed of but the future is very uncertain.

To be honest I'd like to say you to the ACC and stay put and dominate the NBE. I know it's not feasible but going to the ACC will not excite me. EVER!

What the future holds we do not know. What I do know is I'll be at the game tomorrow and for years to come. There will always be some sadness of what might have been.

But I refuse to get caught up in this madness they call college football ever again. GREED IS NOT GOOD YOU balloon knot COLLEGE PRESIDENTS and ESPN. Burn in hell.

P.S. If #5 above does not happen we won't have a chance of win the NNBE never mind changing the perception of our football program on a national level

Reaction Score
6) I think that past few years of JC's career with the APR stuff and the Nate Miles crap negates the NC. UL I'm sure used this in their speeches to the ACC. Not a big influence, but some.

If they did use that argument, it's pretty risky for 2 reasons.

a. Does the discussion ever veer on malfeasance dealing with academics and sports in the ACC?

b. What if someone mentioned that Louisville is currently on probation for poor APR scores by its football team? The NCAA docked them multiple scholarships. It's much easier to fail with the basketball APR (2 players leaving early as one and dones will do it) but with football players are rarely ready for the NFL before their 4th yer.

Reaction Score
Did not know that about UL. Lose scholarships but can go to a BCS Bowl game? Hmmm...

Reaction Score
Did not know that about UL. Lose scholarships but can go to a BCS Bowl game? Hmmm...

Well, UConn lost scholarships due to APR in the prior year, remember? This is our second year of getting banged by the APR, in new and interesting ways.

Reaction Score
3) Warde did not screw up this ACC fiasco. He takes his orders from Susan. She screwed up this deal by not getting on a plane and thanking each institution for their support. When you are face to face you can get a good feeling of what's going on. You will know for sure if you got the votes. Again a verbal sale isn't worth diddly.
When are you guys going to get it. Sue and Warde don't want us in the ACC, Warde left the country while Louisville was kissing ACC ass. Sue and Warde and even coach P keep saying over and over again, we want whats best for UConn.... Whats best for UConn is joining B1G!!!

Can't wait for Saturday, having a few beers and shots with the best loyal fans I know.

Go Uconn!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104