I have contacted the Pope | The Boneyard

I have contacted the Pope

Reaction Score
Asking him, based on the posts submitted on this board, to nominate Paige for Sainthood on an express basis since she has already performed many more than the required 2 miracles. I argued that although she has only played 17 games and has yet to win a championship, she is the a great player who will single-handedly bring many championships to UCONN. I await his response.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I believe His Eminence is a big soccer fan. Not too sure about basketball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Asking him, based on the posts submitted on this board, to nominate Paige for Sainthood on an express basis since she has already performed many more than the required 2 miracles. I argued that although she has only played 17 games and has yet to win a championship, she is the a great player who will single-handedly bring many championships to UCONN. I await his response.
I think these days you only need one miracle. Paige had that within a few games. But you have to be dead, and she's still moving around pretty well.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Please be careful what you are wishing for here. The first step in the process to sainthood, aka canonization, is to petition at least five years after the death on the proposed nominee. I doubt the UConn faithful would be keen on the prospect. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
2020-02-27_Pope_Francis.jpg

Reaction Score
Nice thought but unnecessary. Geno is the Pope’s boss, so he was already going to be speaking with him about it.

Reaction Score
Thank you for trolling by and I have not a problem with yours. :) Paige is a phenomenal player on a perennial top ranked team, what is wrong with diehard fans having great expectations. My own are not as great as some here but the entire forum is about opinions and observations. Many levels of that here from many different sports backgrounds.

Some from playing, some from coaching and those of just long time fans. Many fans from rival schools which you will not see on many forums.
Now as for you contacting the Pope and waiting for the reply most likely he is doing his best to answer you properly. My guess is he will quote Pope John Paul 2 "Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it."

He may even ask you what team you are a fan of before giving up his reply. ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
What, no waivers?
Well, maybe. Something less than five years has been done previously. But the trouble with dead is that comparatively less is still dead. And frankly, with the advent of You Tube and Tik Tok iconography, sainthood isn't what it used to be. :eek:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Well, maybe. Something less than five years has been done previously. But the trouble with dead is that comparatively less is still dead. And frankly, with the advent of You Tube and Tik Tok iconography, sainthood isn't what it used to be. :eek:
Dead/Alive is such a binary construct, I agree. I thought we were moving away from those these days.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom