I hate winter but you have to love Autumn | The Boneyard

I hate winter but you have to love Autumn

Reaction Score
Geno's press conferences, without doubt, are always entertaining. When asked about walk-on Autumn Chassion today, he had an answer that was very interesting.
Among chuckles, he basically said that this young lady left nothing to chance. She decided that she wanted to play basketball at UCONN. She was not recruited, but determined. She didn't wait for a call from Geno, she took the steps that needed to be done to get on the team. She got the grades needed to enter school, the effort to stay in contact with the coaches. The effort and determination impressed the Uconn coaches.
Do you know how rare that is with young people? Without doubt, 20 years past basketball, this young lady will be running a fortune 500 company.
He also went on to say that every time Autumn touches the ball , she shoots. " Hey Autumn, there is a two year starter over here who is pretty good shooter, you may want to pass her the ball'.
Autumn thinking, you make me run these darn sprints, play defense, only get a minute per game, darn straight when I touch the ball, I am going to shoot.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno's Autumn story was a kick and I can see her give him a bit of I'll think about it look to the suggestion she pass.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She seems to know the system. If the starters would play better at the beginning of games and build big leads, the bottom of the bench could get more playing time.

Reaction Score
Geno's press conferences, without doubt, are always entertaining. When asked about walk-on Autumn Chassion today, he had an answer that was very interesting.
Among chuckles, he basically said that this young lady left nothing to chance. She decided that she wanted to play basketball at UCONN. She was not recruited, but determined. She didn't wait for a call from Geno, she took the steps that needed to be done to get on the team. She got the grades needed to enter school, the effort to stay in contact with the coaches. The effort and determination impressed the Uconn coaches.
Do you know how rare that is with young people? Without doubt, 20 years past basketball, this young lady will be running a fortune 500 company.
He also went on to say that every time Autumn touches the ball , she shoots. " Hey Autumn, there is a two year starter over here who is pretty good shooter, you may want to pass her the ball'.
Autumn thinking, you make me run these darn sprints, play defense, only get a minute per game, darn straight when I touch the ball, I am going to shoot.
I 100% agree with everything you say, although I believe that Autumn has expressed interest in going to medical school to become a Doctor. Am I remembering that correctly? With a perfect 4.0 GPA in her first semester, she certainly is off to a really great start to earn the grades for med school admission.

Reaction Score
I 100% agree with everything you say, although I believe that Autumn has expressed interest in going to medical school to become a Doctor. Am I remembering that correctly? With a perfect 4.0 GPA in her first semester, she certainly is off to a really great start to earn the grades for med school admission.
She seems to be an outstanding young lady! ( who likes to shoot)

Reaction Score
I’m sure in real life Autumn is a normal size girl but whenever she walks onto a D-1 court she looks more like a ballerina then a basketball player.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I’m sure in real life Autumn is a normal size girl but whenever she walks onto a D-1 court she looks more like a ballerina then a basketball player.

At 5'8", she would have been the second tallest player on my HS basketball team! ?

Reaction Score
Autumn isn't a regular walk-on, she's actually a pretty good player. She did have offers from some lower D1 schools, but wanted to attend the most high profile school in history. Well done girl, and SHOOT.
This raises an age old question. If you were a really good HS quarterback, grew up in Ohio and had season tickets since childhood to the Ohio State games; would you rather be fifth string and never play as a Buckeye ( but wear the jersey and enjoy the team amenities for four years ), or compete for the starting QB position at Kent State? ( pick your own school but not one that has a legit shot at the national championship).

Reaction Score
She seems to know the system. If the starters would play better at the beginning of games and build big leads, the bottom of the bench could get more playing time.
I am not so sure. The last few games have seen UCONN leads in the fourth quarter beyond any level of a game being in doubt. And Autumn has not appeared. Piath is often in with 4 minutes remaining, as is Mir. So, coach has a different plan.....he is building something, or assessing something. And Autumn is not in that plan.

Reaction Score
If we're fortunate enough to have a huge lead midway in the 4th quarter, it would be great if Geno put Autumn in and Paige and the others could feed her a few times. Nika for 15 in 7 minutes; Autumn for some in 5 minutes.

Geno will still be around when Autumn becomes the team doctor...

Reaction Score
I am not so sure. The last few games have seen UCONN leads in the fourth quarter beyond any level of a game being in doubt. And Autumn has not appeared. Piath is often in with 4 minutes remaining, as is Mir. So, coach has a different plan.....he is building something, or assessing something. And Autumn is not in that plan.
I think the problem may be a lack of true garbage time. Yes we're building huge leads by the end of recent games, but has Geno seen/taught everything on his checklist for the lineup he expects to use for the NCAA tournament? Several freshmen in that lineup. And with the very slow start to the season and cancelled games, it's not too surprising that Geno is still using every minute of every game to work stuff out.

Reaction Score
I think the problem may be a lack of true garbage time. Yes we're building huge leads by the end of recent games, but has Geno seen/taught everything on his checklist for the lineup he expects to use for the NCAA tournament? Several freshmen in that lineup. And with the very slow start to the season and cancelled games, it's not too surprising that Geno is still using every minute of every game to work stuff out.
You have just described what I meant by " coach has a different plan."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom