I hate the AAC. | The Boneyard

I hate the AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a 40 year old guy who grew up watching Ewing, Mullin, Pickney, Coleman, and the Chris Smith, Tate, Ray years I can't get into these AAC games. Tulsa? SMU? Houston? Tulane? I feel like Uconn is in a mid major league.

I've been to every original Big East campus. I know those schools. My buddies graduated from those schools. I have context.

UCF? East Carolina? Garbage. Not feeling it.

They have to get back into the Big East for hoops. Football be damned.

Reaction Score
As a 40 year old guy who grew up watching Ewing, Mullin, Pickney, Coleman, and the Chris Smith, Tate, Ray years I can't get into these AAC games. Tulsa? SMU? Houston? Tulane? I feel like Uconn is in a mid major league.

I've been to every original Big East campus. I know those schools. My buddies graduated from those schools. I have context.

UCF? East Carolina? Garbage. Not feeling it.

They have to get back into the Big East for hoops. Football be damned.
It is a mid major league save a few teams. We can't complain about the conference if we don't win it every year. Well, we can and probably will but we really shouldn't.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Damn straight...please let us in...any P5 conference, pretty please with sugar on top!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The conference is a big reason for the lower attendance. You can bash the OP all you want but besides Cincinnati (which I consider a Big East team even though they were a relative newbee) there isn't a sexy matchup to be found. With that said, I expected we'd dominate this sucky conference every year and get the NCAA bid. It hasn't happened. We struggle and the women win by 60. Neither is good for the program. With that said, shouldn't UCONN's talent dominant Tulsa, Houston etc.

Reaction Score
This team plays to the level of the competition...there isn't a team out there would would tear them apart..Maryland did and then UConn came back and made it interesting

Reaction Score
The old Big East is not returning most of it is now in the ACC. Louisville, Syracuse and Pitt. All they need is to add UConn and go to a North South and the North would be close.

Reaction Score
You know what, I'm going to go the other way. I love the AAC. Playing at Madison Square Garden against Syracuse, Pitt, and Georgetown was great, but Larry Brown never coached in that conference. We never got to host a conference tournament in that conference. Shabazz never won a POY in that conference.

What's more is that you have the advantage of warm weather in this conference. A lot easier to recruit a kid from Florida when you know you're going to be heading there a couple times per year and maybe for the conference tournament. A lot easier to recruit a kid from Texas when you can say the same. And if you're thinking of doing a road trip...please, who wants to visit Syracuse?

Also, with less bids, it becomes more of an achievement to reach the NCAA Tournament. I remember in some of the Big East days there would be like 11 teams in the dance some years and that really diluted the experience for me. When it's just you, alone, waving the flag for your conference, it's special.

I have a lot more to offer but I'd be here all night. AAC > Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3