I hate doing bracket pools in years like this | The Boneyard

I hate doing bracket pools in years like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Years like this pit two of my bedrock principles against each other: Never pick against UConn; and don't do more than one set of bracket picks.

What do you guys do? I'll probably end up doing two entries, one with UConn winning and then one other one, but I hate doing that because then I start second-guessing all the other picks and end up with two entirely different sets of picks, leaving me with mixed rooting interests throughout the tourney, unless/until one set of picks becomes a clear loser.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Years like this pit two of my bedrock principles against each other: Never pick against UConn; and don't do more than one set of bracket picks.

What do you guys do? I'll probably end up doing two entries, one with UConn winning and then one other one, but I hate doing that because then I start second-guessing all the other picks and end up with two entirely different sets of picks, leaving me with mixed rooting interests throughout the tourney, unless/until one set of picks becomes a clear loser.

Yikes

Im ashamed and embarassed

One bracket, ONE

with the Huskies winning it all.

And the thing is. If you employed that strategy for the last 17 years you would be way ahead in money winnings.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Pick UConn to win it all. Rest of the bracket? Work macro to micro. Figure out who you think will go far and pencil in those teams. Don't bother worrying about every first round game. There's lots of noise in the first two rounds.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
and it doesnt mean you cant fill out multiples for different pools.

Fill out 100, just the same way

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yikes

One bracket, ONE

And the thing is. If you employed that strategy for the last 17 years you would be way ahead in money winnings.
Shut up and eat the mojo sandwich, commie!

Reaction Score
I always do 1 bracket. Uconn won me a lot of money in 2011 and 2014, but I really believed they were good enough to win it all. This year I am having a hard time believing that.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I could have written that. That's exactly how I am. It always ends up biting me somehow.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Disagree. I've done very well writing UConn into the top slot in multiple pools.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Yikes

One bracket, ONE

This is literally the case with me and I've only employed it since 2011... won over $2,500 from pools and I've barely cracked spending $100.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Dude stop thinking about yourself first. Don't duck with the Mojo. One bracket. UCONN winner.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I have one strategy this year: pick UConn to win (as I have in the past) in one bracket on ESPN, and then copy that bracket to CBS, FOX, Yahoo, etc. Go big or go home.

Reaction Score

#alwaysonebracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3