I Gladly Eat Crow | The Boneyard

I Gladly Eat Crow

Reaction Score
My pregame analysis was so off base it's embarrassing.
Bless you team, I am so happy you proved me wrong.

Not only did you hang in there, you could have won that game, but for 2 stats:
1. SC second chances 25
Uconn second chances 10
Frankly, you still could have won, but for #2:

2. SC bench pts. 37
Uconn bench pts 0

Therefore, if our two injured players move from the bench to the playing floor,
we're going to be the team to contend with on the Big Stage.

GO HUSKIES

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My pregame analysis was so off base it's embarrassing.
Bless you team, I am so happy you proved me wrong.

Not only did you hang in there, you could have won that game, but for 2 stats:
1. SC second chances 25
Uconn second chances 10
Frankly, you still could have won, but for #2:

2. SC bench pts. 37
Uconn bench pts 0

Therefore, if our two injured players move from the bench to the playing floor,
we're going to be the team to contend with on the Big Stage.

GO HUSKIES
That is kind of misleading, their bench was 4 players, who played a total of 82 minutes, while UConn's bench played a total of 14. Johnson a freshman played 36 minutes and scored 14 points. Cardoso a junior played 22 minutes and scored 17 points. Amihere a senior played 20 minutes and scored 6 points and Hall a sophomore played 4 minutes with 0 points. The first three players could be starters on almost any team besides South Carolina. Patterson a freshman played 14 minutes, with DeBerry a sophomore and Ines a freshman both playing less than a minute.

Reaction Score
Much too much is made of the SC. Bench. They have six impact players; when Azzi and Carol return we will have seven. Their starting power forward and point guard are courtesy starts; players nine-eleven play in blowouts. As Geno said in the postgame presser, they will always score inside; threes beat twos.

Reaction Score
Almost won anyway despite all those scary stats. The point of no return was the missed handoff call. After that, the game slipped away. Thanks, refs.

I’ll take the moral victory. The girls showed they’re contenders.

And a big raspberry to everyone who says we can’t win without dominating the boards. That’s not what beat us today.

Reaction Score
I am totally amazed that we lost by 4 and could have won. Going into the game I dreaded that we'd get too many fouls, too tired and lose by 30. Yet dispite getting killed by SC second and third chance put backs, very little in the way of 3 point shots, and having no one outside the starting five of any help at all we dang near won this game. This is among the most amazing UConn games I've watched and certainly the only one that was a loss. I stand in awe of AE, Lou, Nika, Aubrey and Dorka.

Reaction Score
I honestly thought they could not win, not with just 5 starters who, good as they are, are also mentally & physically tired from having to play so many minutes because there's no real bench. My biggest concern was someone suffering yet another serious injury. I just wanted them to survive the game unscathed. I thought SC would beat them by at least 15 points & probably more.

I was wrong. I'll have some ketchup on that big steaming dish of crow, thank you.

These young women have guts and are clearly determined not to let each other or their coaches or the fans down. They've really been through the fire this season. Come tournament time that mindset will be invaluable.

Reaction Score
This game reminded me of the last UCONN game but inverted. UCONN didn't win by a bunch but you never felt like they were in jeopardy of losing the game. I had the same feeling yesterday about SC. It seemed like they had another gear when they needed it and just too much size for UCONN to deal with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom