i feel like a huge | The Boneyard

i feel like a huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
d i c k leaving u guys hanging as sign day comes so here it all is. hopefully i am able to answer most of your questions and give u as many updates and stuff as possible. i will also list a realistic end to the class from my view at this point.

Chart:
QB-
Woulard(we are not showing interest)
Kempt(down to uconn and oregon st)

WR-
Grant(down to wvu, usf and uk(lean))
Jeune(down to purdue and gtech(visit 1/11))
Lemelle(down to iowa(visit 1/25), uconn(visit 1/21) and temple(late visit possibly))
Cooper( many bcs offers, family connection to ct, we do not seem to be in on him)

RB-
Smith(uconn visit soon)
Hoover(not showing interest)

FB-

DT-
Meant(uconn, ist, kst(recent visit) and ucf have offered)
Mcgill(recently opened back up from md, he has a cincy offer also besides uconn)

DB-
Parker(uconn and minn offers among other smalle ones, minn lean)
Alexander(high on wvu, misst, ole, fsu, ncst, ruty)
Flood(twitter offer claimed, have not seen news)
Sills(has handful of bcs offers in play, have not seen anything uconn news wise)
Melton(twitter offer claimed, has iowa interest also)

DE-
Dobbs(have not seen any news recently)
Hush(have not seen any news recently)
Thomas(ton of offers, have not seen any uconn news)

LB-
Ngakoue(down to 5, no uconn)

TE-
Fuchs(uconn and ruty offers, have not seen info on him in a while, bball is a factor in future)
Vandenburgh(final 4 of neb, tenn, ark and vandy)
Phillips(uconn and ruty offers via 247, have not seen news on him)
Johnson(high on miami, memphis, ruty and mizzu also in it)

OL-
Wright(down to ncst(lean) and uconn)
Dunham(uconn, cincy, missst and memphis offers, have not seen info on him)
Finnin(we are not in it any more, many offers now)
Hunter(don't think we are in it)
Rubalcava(texas tech lean)
Mclaughlin(soft ecu verbal, prep school, other bcs programs also recruiting him. have not seen news)

news/updates:
1) congrats to cole ormsby joining the uconn family. windsor is building a great local program and has many great players. they also have a db named huff who is on our radar. next year they have several players to watch also. they are one of the local programs thats on the rise and will be a huge asset to uconn and umass in the future. to be very honest, hes a great player and will do well here in time. hes a bit of a reach as filler for the class but a solid reach. in the past 2 classes some late reaches we have had have been off radar completely. getting a kid with a mac offer late is a much better reach then pulling a kid like we did last year from nj with no fcs offers. i am happy with this and its a lot better then past. part of this imho is gdl not reaching in nj and instead us reaching locally. i believe cole has a twin brother who will be playing locally, i wouldn't mind the staff throwing out a walkon on prefered spot to him.

i am led to believe that our offer and getting a verbal from cole means that both dobbs and hush are not realistic adds at this point. just my opinion right now...

2) kyle vaughn of westport had a walkon offer i was told, he has given fordham i believe a verbal. congrats to him. we know who is running the show down there, i feel kyle has a good future in front of him.

3) i feel that lemelle is down to uconn and iowa. if he visits temple in feb, then he likely has non fball issues that uconn and iowa can't handle. i like where we sit with him but as we know iowa has burnt us late before so this will be a dog fight with kirk. lets see what our new oc has in the bag of tricks. cross fingers i feel good but have to be worried. he is curerently at iowa visiting so i asume news soon on his decision.

4) we have a juco OL from cali visiting in a couple hours, if all goes well i'm expecting him to fill slot #20 on the commit list. he will get a offer when he visits i am led to believe. his name is chris orduno....rain dance mother fruckers!!!:eek:

5)i have not seen any dunham news. would still like to land him but do not know whats up. we recently sent a coach down to GA. he offered about 5-10 kids. most are 2014 but a couple are 2013 kids we are keeping on radar. a handful of them are from the same hs as dunham fwiw. at this point i can't rule out him being a nice add late to this class

6) kyle s our OL commit from FL is a stud. he is a soft verbal with a recent usf offer and visit. we need to keep him on baord at all costs and i mean that. he is THE most important piece to this class, i kid not. i have had to go buy him a pair of nikes and beer on friday nigth then i will fly down to FL and do so. he is visiting soon so i hope the staff takes care of business with him.

7) root for woulard to commit to clemson. why? with tcu getting a former cuse qb commit clemson is the only school i see that could steal lagow away from us if/when we get a 2nd qb commit. this would really help our cause of getting 2 solid qbs in this class.

8) boyle, lets just say i hope all u twitter ppl go show him some love soon. things are possible.

9) wisconsin just landed a db from everett ma. real sleeper. fast kid that umass, uconn and bc saw at the umass camp over the summer and kept on radar but never went after. interesting reach by that new staff. the wisc board has a thread on him if u want more info. good luck to that kid and i hope he reps new england out there. the interesting part of this is now we are starting to see what i have been talking about. the rise of uconn and umass has brought a new dynamic to new england in fball recruiting. more camps, more prospects more college football. your seeing other programs focus on the region harder and picking kids out. this is the future here, this area is well stocked and the cat is coming out of the bag. michigan offere the kid little who is a bc commit as db slot but he wants to be a lb and is on bcs commit list. this is more proof that this are ais on the rise. what your going to see in 2014 is something very rare here. were talking 3-5 elite kids and not just a mix of positions, were tlaking play makers especially rbs that will be highly sought after. its going to be a crazy 2014 class. i can not stress this class enough, i really can't.

10) look out for news on mcgill, we are def looking for 1 more DT in this class. not sure if he likes uconn or not. we are looking at 2 FL DT's also. both are from FL. one is a good prospect and the other a bit of a reach. pretty clear a DT slot will be filled in this class before sign day...

11) reid has been taken off the chart, rumor is that he does not have a uconn offer....

12)coward to odu. he was on our radar but like camara we see better prospects elsewhere it seems

13)coggins is 2014 now. going to prep school. rumor is clearing issues. lets just leave it at that and see if we offer for 2014. would love to get him as a wr or db next year. also seems from a poster here matos to milford. he is another i want in 2014 if so...

14) sylva, watch him. i know hes 2014 but kid is a stud. we need to lock him up before he gets offers from big boys. i wish we would jsut take care of this now fwiw...

15)noel and bradley are on campus, show these 2 some support. they have been great on twitter keeping this class active and together. 2 great young kids to have in our program, can't stress that enough. the ECA connection will be extremely important for us in the 2014 class, school is loaded with talent and a lot of the kids have uconn interest.

16)OT Wright is down to uconn and ncst. he was a ncst lean for a while. ncst has 2 other OT's they are in on and both of those are visiting them soon. if they get 1 or both of those i like where we stand with this prospect. i think we feel good where we stand with him so that may be why we have cooled off on some juco kids. if he does go to ncst, then there is a kid at asa and another at lakawna that we should both offer to fit the OT slot we need. you guys wil; have to look up those names for me.

17) OL clay committed to a d2 school over uconn and tenn.

18) batten is off the chart. he had a handful of nice bcs offers but committed to kent st. it seems we are looking for 1 more tight end in this class still.

19) have not see any news on fuchs. will just leave him on the chart for now.

20) DB Deluzio is off the chart now. he has committed to fsu for baseball. hell of a prospect but chose baseball.

21) cooper we are not in on. stud wr and has family connections to ct 2014 prospects. we need to watch where he lands. cuse is heavy after him with some new staff connection.

22) belfort. have not seen news on a offer or not officially. has some baggage including quailfying issues with grades and also some other issues that happened at that hs. a name to watch but not worry about i would say...

23) DB parker. have not seen any uconn news. rumor is that he has some qualfying issues. maybe a non bcs type verbal comming...

24)rb laray smith i feel good about. i think we may beat out cuse for him. tenn and wvu are still in play. huge get if we win!

25) kempt would be a huge get at this point. great qb prospect. its dwon to uconn and ost. there are several factors in his recruitment. we have TJW after him on our end. the flip side is he used to live in oregon i am led to believe and its a coming home type feeling possibly for him. ost has no qb commit and has only 1 other prospect interested in them and he is a lean elsewhere at this point. they may be hard to beat out. this will be another test for our new OC recruiting wise. to just be in it so quickly is a good sign. he is currently visiting ost...

26) the staff recently went down to see hadley and make sure hes solid. important and good job by the staff as he was getting other offers and looking around. i think this was the same trip as the kyle s in home visit.

27) i would like @pj to talk here in this thread. we had a talk about don brown recruiting and i think what we talked about was interesting and something that should be shared with the board. i feel pj was on to something.

28) TE kerr who decommitted from miami visited here in december. he committed to fsu fwiw. i think fsu and miami are after gus edwards so if you interested in watching that play out with cuse fans have at it...we are not in it for him. ruty is also after gus it seems.

29) #10 on this list names are rod stephens and jerrol mobley.

30)britton got a pitt gs offer and literally hours later we countered with the same offer + a slot open ship possibility. that may give us the lead for him. not sure. anyone else look at him and see big db and not lb? just my 2 cents...he has strong interest from several good schools besides uconn and pitt so hes not a reach but a fringe kid it seems.

31) i have not seen any confirmation of us offering the fuma kid mcphearson.....

32) if u guys remember a while back i saw that we were checking out some d2 and d3 oL looking for kids to fill depth. i think we will land enough that we dont need to go this route. but umass it seems has taken 2 of these kids. one from WNE and one from STA. good for them...

ok. wow thats a lot for u animals to read. lets put some slots in motion

19-cole just committed
20-OL
21-TE
22-RB
23-QB
24-DT/OL
25-WR
26-OL
27-db

i can easily see this being our class end. some notes
-we got hanson back at TE, thats big for pt asap next year and developing our new stable of TE recruits. shortell is gone tho it seems
-with bennett coming back if that does happen that may also play a part in us taking 1 less OL until next year. the lcoal class next year has 5 really good OL and then overall we have already made it clear early offer wise in 2014 we are after severla OL. i think that may be the strategy.
-the 2nd qb is interesting. i would not be surprised if mccumings either leaves or moves positions fwiw.
-i am also a bit worried we may see a wr leave. we have landed and are after a ton of wr's the past class and this one. makes me think some one like foxx or another may have a foot out of the door. just specualtion on my part bu man oh man we are stocking up at that position. maybe only LB on our roster is more stocked.

my first choices?
would love to see us land:
kempt or boyle and keep lagow. any mix of 2 of those 3 would be a special qb class considering our struggles.
cross fingers we land laray and lemelle. both would be big gets.
would liek to land wright, really want to and then a juco ol or another would be great.

recently some one on the staff said we wanted 6 to 8 more kids. that would mean with 18 commits when that was said we were looking for 24-26 kids. i see 27 slots based on who we are after so i think the chart and my opinions are pretty close to what the staff is doing. i have had this class pinned at 25 for a while now while other thoughts smaller. with 2 weeks left, i am feeling good on the trail with what we have and may get. this will be our best class yet it seems.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
*Hey guys I'm leaving the forum*

*2500 word post*

i had several ppl ask for recruiting news and considering the time of the year i felt bad leaving this board hanging. go fruck yourself. i have kept quiet with my rants mostly and daily posting wanting to clean house. you really add a lot to the board yourself, u should be proud.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
d i c k leaving u guys hanging as sign day comes so here it all is. hopefully i am able to answer most of your questions and give u as many updates and stuff as possible. i will also list a realistic end to the class from my view at this point.

Chart:
QB-
Woulard(we are not showing interest)
Kempt(down to uconn and oregon st)

WR-
Grant(down to wvu, usf and uk(lean))
Jeune(down to purdue and gtech(visit 1/11))
Lemelle(down to iowa(visit 1/25), uconn(visit 1/21) and temple(late visit possibly))
Cooper( many bcs offers, family connection to ct, we do not seem to be in on him)

RB-
Smith(uconn visit soon)
Hoover(not showing interest)

FB-

DT-
Meant(uconn, ist, kst(recent visit) and ucf have offered)
Mcgill(recently opened back up from md, he has a cincy offer also besides uconn)

DB-
Parker(uconn and minn offers among other smalle ones, minn lean)
Alexander(high on wvu, misst, ole, fsu, ncst, ruty)
Flood(twitter offer claimed, have not seen news)
Sills(has handful of bcs offers in play, have not seen anything uconn news wise)
Melton(twitter offer claimed, has iowa interest also)

DE-
Dobbs(have not seen any news recently)
Hush(have not seen any news recently)
Thomas(ton of offers, have not seen any uconn news)

LB-
Ngakoue(down to 5, no uconn)

TE-
Fuchs(uconn and ruty offers, have not seen info on him in a while, bball is a factor in future)
Vandenburgh(final 4 of neb, tenn, ark and vandy)
Phillips(uconn and ruty offers via 247, have not seen news on him)
Johnson(high on miami, memphis, ruty and mizzu also in it)
Vandenburgh committed to Vandy
OL-
Wright(down to ncst(lean) and uconn)
Dunham(uconn, cincy, missst and memphis offers, have not seen info on him)
Finnin(we are not in it any more, many offers now)
Hunter(don't think we are in it)
Rubalcava(texas tech lean)
Mclaughlin(soft ecu verbal, prep school, other bcs programs also recruiting him. have not seen news)

news/updates:
1) congrats to cole ormsby joining the uconn family. windsor is building a great local program and has many great players. they also have a db named huff who is on our radar. next year they have several players to watch also. they are one of the local programs thats on the rise and will be a huge asset to uconn and umass in the future. to be very honest, hes a great player and will do well here in time. hes a bit of a reach as filler for the class but a solid reach. in the past 2 classes some late reaches we have had have been off radar completely. getting a kid with a mac offer late is a much better reach then pulling a kid like we did last year from nj with no fcs offers. i am happy with this and its a lot better then past. part of this imho is gdl not reaching in nj and instead us reaching locally. i believe cole has a twin brother who will be playing locally, i wouldn't mind the staff throwing out a walkon on prefered spot to him.

i am led to believe that our offer and getting a verbal from cole means that both dobbs and hush are not realistic adds at this point. just my opinion right now...

2) kyle vaughn of westport had a walkon offer i was told, he has given fordham i believe a verbal. congrats to him. we know who is running the show down there, i feel kyle has a good future in front of him.

3) i feel that lemelle is down to uconn and iowa. if he visits temple in feb, then he likely has non fball issues that uconn and iowa can't handle. i like where we sit with him but as we know iowa has burnt us late before so this will be a dog fight with kirk. lets see what our new oc has in the bag of tricks. cross fingers i feel good but have to be worried. he is curerently at iowa visiting so i asume news soon on his decision.

4) we have a juco OL from cali visiting in a couple hours, if all goes well i'm expecting him to fill slot #20 on the commit list. he will get a offer when he visits i am led to believe. his name is chris orduno....rain dance mother fruckers!!!:eek:

5)i have not seen any dunham news. would still like to land him but do not know whats up. we recently sent a coach down to GA. he offered about 5-10 kids. most are 2014 but a couple are 2013 kids we are keeping on radar. a handful of them are from the same hs as dunham fwiw. at this point i can't rule out him being a nice add late to this class
Have heard though my sources his grades are not good as of yet.
6) kyle s our OL commit from FL is a stud. he is a soft verbal with a recent usf offer and visit. we need to keep him on baord at all costs and i mean that. he is THE most important piece to this class, i kid not. i have had to go buy him a pair of nikes and beer on friday nigth then i will fly down to FL and do so. he is visiting soon so i hope the staff takes care of business with him.

7) root for woulard to commit to clemson. why? with tcu getting a former cuse qb commit clemson is the only school i see that could steal lagow away from us if/when we get a 2nd qb commit. this would really help our cause of getting 2 solid qbs in this class.

8) boyle, lets just say i hope all u twitter ppl go show him some love soon. things are possible.

9) wisconsin just landed a db from everett ma. real sleeper. fast kid that umass, uconn and bc saw at the umass camp over the summer and kept on radar but never went after. interesting reach by that new staff. the wisc board has a thread on him if u want more info. good luck to that kid and i hope he reps new england out there. the interesting part of this is now we are starting to see what i have been talking about. the rise of uconn and umass has brought a new dynamic to new england in fball recruiting. more camps, more prospects more college football. your seeing other programs focus on the region harder and picking kids out. this is the future here, this area is well stocked and the cat is coming out of the bag. michigan offere the kid little who is a bc commit as db slot but he wants to be a lb and is on bcs commit list. this is more proof that this are ais on the rise. what your going to see in 2014 is something very rare here. were talking 3-5 elite kids and not just a mix of positions, were tlaking play makers especially rbs that will be highly sought after. its going to be a crazy 2014 class. i can not stress this class enough, i really can't.

10) look out for news on mcgill, we are def looking for 1 more DT in this class. not sure if he likes uconn or not. we are looking at 2 FL DT's also. both are from FL. one is a good prospect and the other a bit of a reach. pretty clear a DT slot will be filled in this class before sign day...

11) reid has been taken off the chart, rumor is that he does not have a uconn offer....

12)coward to odu. he was on our radar but like camara we see better prospects elsewhere it seems

13)coggins is 2014 now. going to prep school. rumor is clearing issues. lets just leave it at that and see if we offer for 2014. would love to get him as a wr or db next year. also seems from a poster here matos to milford. he is another i want in 2014 if so...

14) sylva, watch him. i know hes 2014 but kid is a stud. we need to lock him up before he gets offers from big boys. i wish we would jsut take care of this now fwiw...

15)noel and bradley are on campus, show these 2 some support. they have been great on twitter keeping this class active and together. 2 great young kids to have in our program, can't stress that enough. the ECA connection will be extremely important for us in the 2014 class, school is loaded with talent and a lot of the kids have uconn interest.

16)OT Wright is down to uconn and ncst. he was a ncst lean for a while. ncst has 2 other OT's they are in on and both of those are visiting them soon. if they get 1 or both of those i like where we stand with this prospect. i think we feel good where we stand with him so that may be why we have cooled off on some juco kids. if he does go to ncst, then there is a kid at asa and another at lakawna that we should both offer to fit the OT slot we need. you guys wil; have to look up those names for me.

17) OL clay committed to a d2 school over uconn and tenn.

18) batten is off the chart. he had a handful of nice bcs offers but committed to kent st. it seems we are looking for 1 more tight end in this class still.

19) have not see any news on fuchs. will just leave him on the chart for now.

20) DB Deluzio is off the chart now. he has committed to fsu for baseball. hell of a prospect but chose baseball.

21) cooper we are not in on. stud wr and has family connections to ct 2014 prospects. we need to watch where he lands. cuse is heavy after him with some new staff connection.

22) belfort. have not seen news on a offer or not officially. has some baggage including quailfying issues with grades and also some other issues that happened at that hs. a name to watch but not worry about i would say...

23) DB parker. have not seen any uconn news. rumor is that he has some qualfying issues. maybe a non bcs type verbal comming...

24)rb laray smith i feel good about. i think we may beat out cuse for him. tenn and wvu are still in play. huge get if we win!

25) kempt would be a huge get at this point. great qb prospect. its dwon to uconn and ost. there are several factors in his recruitment. we have TJW after him on our end. the flip side is he used to live in oregon i am led to believe and its a coming home type feeling possibly for him. ost has no qb commit and has only 1 other prospect interested in them and he is a lean elsewhere at this point. they may be hard to beat out. this will be another test for our new OC recruiting wise. to just be in it so quickly is a good sign. he is currently visiting ost...

26) the staff recently went down to see hadley and make sure hes solid. important and good job by the staff as he was getting other offers and looking around. i think this was the same trip as the kyle s in home visit.

27) i would like @pj to talk here in this thread. we had a talk about don brown recruiting and i think what we talked about was interesting and something that should be shared with the board. i feel pj was on to something.

28) TE kerr who decommitted from miami visited here in december. he committed to fsu fwiw. i think fsu and miami are after gus edwards so if you interested in watching that play out with cuse fans have at it...we are not in it for him. ruty is also after gus it seems.

29) #10 on this list names are rod stephens and jerrol mobley.

30)britton got a pitt gs offer and literally hours later we countered with the same offer + a slot open ship possibility. that may give us the lead for him. not sure. anyone else look at him and see big db and not lb? just my 2 cents...he has strong interest from several good schools besides uconn and pitt so hes not a reach but a fringe kid it seems.

31) i have not seen any confirmation of us offering the fuma kid mcphearson.....
32) if u guys remember a while back i saw that we were checking out some d2 and d3 oL looking for kids to fill depth. i think we will land enough that we dont need to go this route. but umass it seems has taken 2 of these kids. one from WNE and one from STA. good for them...

ok. wow thats a lot for u animals to read. lets put some slots in motion

19-cole just committed
20-OL
21-TE
22-RB
23-QB
24-DT/OL
25-WR
26-OL
27-db

i can easily see this being our class end. some notes
-we got hanson back at TE, thats big for pt asap next year and developing our new stable of TE recruits. shortell is gone tho it seems
-with bennett coming back if that does happen that may also play a part in us taking 1 less OL until next year. the lcoal class next year has 5 really good OL and then overall we have already made it clear early offer wise in 2014 we are after severla OL. i think that may be the strategy.
-the 2nd qb is interesting. i would not be surprised if mccumings either leaves or moves positions fwiw.
-i am also a bit worried we may see a wr leave. we have landed and are after a ton of wr's the past class and this one. makes me think some one like foxx or another may have a foot out of the door. just specualtion on my part bu man oh man we are stocking up at that position. maybe only LB on our roster is more stocked.

my first choices?
would love to see us land:
kempt or boyle and keep lagow. any mix of 2 of those 3 would be a special qb class considering our struggles.
cross fingers we land laray and lemelle. both would be big gets.
would liek to land wright, really want to and then a juco ol or another would be great.

recently some one on the staff said we wanted 6 to 8 more kids. that would mean with 18 commits when that was said we were looking for 24-26 kids. i see 27 slots based on who we are after so i think the chart and my opinions are pretty close to what the staff is doing. i have had this class pinned at 25 for a while now while other thoughts smaller. with 2 weeks left, i am feeling good on the trail with what we have and may get. this will be our best class yet it seems.

Reaction Score
i had several ppl ask for recruiting news and considering the time of the year i felt bad leaving this board hanging. go fruck yourself. i have kept quiet with my rants mostly and daily posting wanting to clean house. you really add a lot to the board yourself, u should be proud.

love your updates bro... your posts are the bomb.. gotta look past some of the cats that don't appreciate the recruiting updates you provide... You get us spot on info on kids... Look past the mess here and keep the posts comin....

Reaction Score
I have read that Jamar Summers is coming in as a safety

Like this idea re: Summers... He's been noted as a playmaker type... and we could definitely use that in our defensive secondary... Gratz and BWW are gone, and with Byron Jones more than likely moving to one CB spot the rest of his days as a Husky we'll need to find out quickly who's gonna man the safety spots...

Reaction Score
Thanks for the updates HFD. Love the enthusiasm and the info you post. I also understand the frustration but it's much more enjoyable to read stuff with a positive, or even an objective outlook. Thanks again.

Reaction Score
I have read that Jamar Summers is coming in as a safety

Isn't Thomas Lucas a safety as well? Kid looks like he lays the wood too. Can really come up and help in run support.

Reaction Score
Kempt/Lemelle/Smith seem to be the huge possibilities out there. Maybe it's low expectations, but just winning ONE of these recruiting battles would make me feel a little better about all the other nonsense surrounding the program.

Reaction Score
Every time I thought about asking a question I got to the answer. But really what is the consensus on 2 greatest needs/possibilities at this point? Is is Smith and a big OL, additional QB or other. I personally wouldn't de-emphasize OL because of Bennett unless we have a bunch of huge prospects for '14. Opinions?

Oh, any idea what the Buggs is up to?

Thanks for the update. This should be an exciting time,

pj

Reaction Score

Dan, thanks for all the great info.

Basically what I said was that I was pretty sure Don Brown decided a year ago, when he considered taking the Yale job but decided to stay, that he was only going to stay at UConn one more year; and then he checked out of recruiting for the most part. I believe he even went on vacation during an important recruiting period. We put very little effort into defensive recruiting this class; shocking considering the intense recruiting effort on the offensive side. Very few offers were put out to 3* or higher defensive players that we'd have a serious recruiting battle for. Instead, we early on extended offers to some 2* under the radar guys who camped at UConn. Thomas Lucas, Jamar Summers, Folorunso Fatukasi. Those guys have potential to pan out but they weren't likely to get many offers, so no need for coaches to invest a lot of time in maintaining contact. Some guys who might play on defense were co-recruited with the offense, eg Quinn Thompson, Cameron Stapleton. Overall I felt all year Brown was mailing it in on the recruiting side.

I think Don Brown felt that the performance of this year's team would help him get a good job, so he worked hard to build a good performing defense, but recruiting for UConn aggressively might hurt him -- if he sold kids hard on UConn and then left, they might tell their classmates in the lower classes that he wasn't trustworthy. Plus it's understandable that he wouldn't want to sell kids on UConn if he didn't believe in it himself, or on a relationship with himself if he wasn't going to be there to fulfill his promises.

I think it's telling that once Brown was on his way out, defensive recruiting picked up with a high-quality pickup like Junior Joseph.

I would like to know what it was that made Brown want to leave, I was hoping to hear some inside gossip, that's why I brought it up to Dan. Did he not get along with PP or GDL? Was it something else? Also, PP and the rest of the staff must have known he was checked out. Were they supportive of Brown's behavior? Who was tasked to pick up the ball on defensive recruiting? Did the ball just drop?

I think this year's recruiting results show the potential of this program. We had a god-awful year on offense yet we still picked up an excellent class on offense, if we can get a few more o-linemen and playmakers like Laray Smith and Brian Lemelle, it will be terrific. If we'd just had an exciting offense with a likable coordinator, it would have been an even better class. Now we need a defensive coordinator who is gung-ho for the school and will work just as hard recruiting defenders. If the school can get all the pieces in place at the same time, watch out. UConn could become a powerhouse.

I was disappointed to see Brown go because he's a great coach, but it's no good to have a great coach who doesn't want to invest the effort to make the program successful. Brown wasn't fully invested. My thanks to him for his contributions but I'm glad we're getting a new defensive coordinator.

Reaction Score
You can not leave the forum and you need to get back on twitter. BUT you SHOULD feel like a . Just because.

Reaction Score
Thanks HFD...

Moving-animated-picture-of-monkey-giving-thumbs-up-sign.gif

Reaction Score
Coach Brown did a great job at UConn, and left the place in good shape for the future. Can't ask much more of a football coach.

Reaction Score
Good job Ktuck, on finding that article, thanks, I know it was a hard dig….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom