I don't like Tuesday's! | The Boneyard

I don't like Tuesday's!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Because none of the 7 major conferences (6 major conferences starting next year! :rolleyes:) play any games on Tuesday's and leave me with nothing to look forward to! How can we mandate a rotating set of Tuesday games for us junkies??? Can't the SEC or ACC move a few games from Thurs/Sun to Tues/Sat for us??? They have enough teams to not affect the core scheduling.

Gloomy day in Baltimore, gloomy Tuesday from a sad defeat on Monday, gloomy night due to no games...Mick O'Shea's here I come...get my stool ready...:oops:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is why I say that the major conferences need to spread their games out throughout the week, more like the men's teams do. The women's conferences are still stuck in the dark-age mentality of no TV or Internet.

Thursdays and especially Sundays have way too many games. At least the Big 12 tries to break them up a bit with some of their games on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The ACC and SEC are way too regimented in their Thu.-Sun schedule.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Hey Mick, any chance you can put on ESPN+ so I can watch
Hampton at High Point (7p, ESPN+) and be able to converse with my find friends @Plebe @triaddukefan about this game? Or will that cause me to get tossed out of the bar?

Reaction Score
The SEC men play Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday, but their games are more spread out during the week. There will be 3 men's games tonight and 3 tomorrow. However, all of the women will play on Thursday. The men's games almost never overlap, but I end up missing women's games I'd like to watch because the time overlaps.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just to show an example, here are the number of games with p5 teams each day of this week:

Monday: 4
Tuesday: 0
Wednesday: 4
Thursday: 17
Friday: 6
Saturday: 4
Sunday: 22

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Just to show an example, here are the number of games with p5 teams each day of this week:

Monday: 4
Tuesday: 0
Wednesday: 4
Thursday: 17
Friday: 6
Saturday: 4
Sunday: 22

Interesting that it spikes on Thursday and Sunday, not much happening on Saturday is a surprise.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not looking forward to next Tuesday either. :(:(:(

Plebe

Reaction Score
Interesting that it spikes on Thursday and Sunday, not much happening on Saturday is a surprise.
This is a pretty typical distribution.

The Pac-12, SEC and ACC play their 2nd games of the week on Sundays almost exclusively. The SEC and ACC play their 1st games of the week on Thursdays almost exclusively. The Big Ten has slightly more variability, but is still very heavily concentrated on Thursdays and Sundays.

The Big 12 leans more toward Wednesdays and Saturdays, but is the conference with by far the most variability. The Pac-12 is the only p5 conference to play on Fridays, almost ever.

Reaction Score
Sundays they can get more fans in the buildings across all teams. Fewer people working.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sundays they can get more fans in the buildings across all teams. Fewer people working.
Mmm, if this were the deciding factor, I would think they'd put all the men's games on Sundays because that's when they can actually turn a profit on ticket sales.

I believe the Sunday thing is a relic. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, but haven't Saturdays always been traditional game day for MBB (just like it has been for football)? So then when Title IX came around, Sunday was the leftover weekend day they gave to the women.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Tues Jan 7: 0 P5, 1 game total!
Jan 14: 0 P5, UConn played
Jan 21: 0 P5
Jan 28: 2 Big12 (Thank you Big 12)
Feb 4: 0 P5
Feb 11: 2 Big12 (see above)
Feb 18: 1 Big12 (Baylor vs. Texas Tech-Plebe knows my interest in this...)
Feb 25: 2 BigTen

Again, the P5 can use weekends, just mix up the Tues vs. Thurs thing. Sat/Tues works the same as Sun/Thurs.
Seems like a marketing/revenue opportunity for the ACC or SEC...PAC12 would require a real leader instead of the current doofus they have...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
PAC12 would require a real leader instead of the current doofus they have...

:)

I think much worse words have been used to describe him.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
:)

I think much worse words have been used to describe him.
I don't want to criticize too much as I do like the Friday night PAC12 games. That said, they are sorely lacking a national viewership aspect...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I like Tuesdays....... I can focus on my second favorite conference.

Reaction Score
Because none of the 7 major conferences (6 major conferences starting next year! :rolleyes:) play any games on Tuesday's and leave me with nothing to look forward to! How can we mandate a rotating set of Tuesday games for us junkies??? Can't the SEC or ACC move a few games from Thurs/Sun to Tues/Sat for us??? They have enough teams to not affect the core scheduling.

Gloomy day in Baltimore, gloomy Tuesday from a sad defeat on Monday, gloomy night due to no games...Mick O'Shea's here I come...get my stool ready...:oops:
Haven't been to Mick O'Shea's in years. Used to got there with my wife for live music on the occasional weekend.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lets not go overboard

1580944670721.png

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Yeah, well sort of-on one hand we have 3 games on the docket tonight that actually mean something with marquee names, a 4th games for us AAC fans and of course a @triaddukefan game:
Northwestern at tOSU
Purdue @ Maryland
Penn @ Princeton
East Carolina @ USF
High Point @ Presbyterian
on the other hand, only one is televised with a service I have (ESPN+) Head bang

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah, well sort of-on one hand we have 3 games on the docket tonight that actually mean something with marquee names, a 4th games for us AAC fans and of course a @triaddukefan game:
Northwestern at tOSU
Purdue @ Maryland
Penn @ Princeton
East Carolina @ USF
High Point @ Presbyterian
on the other hand, only one is televised with a service I have (ESPN+) Head bang
Very unusual for the Big Ten to be playing on a Tuesday. Ditto for the Ivy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom