I don't know what to say. Like many of us, I've been around UCONN hoops | The Boneyard

I don't know what to say. Like many of us, I've been around UCONN hoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
for a long,long time(1960 to be exact). There have been a lot of reasons to be speechless. My son was at the game in the middle of the crowd madness; and Bazz' run out of the gym. We're texting back and forth. I thought tonight was the all-time greatest UCONN finish(excluding the NCs) but he reminded me about Rip against Washington almost flat on his back hitting the game winner. My daughter and I replayed tonight's finish probably 20 times. We're both still at a loss. And that's the real fun of it...not knowing what to make of it...listening to Andy Katz trying to get KO and Bazz to give us an explanation...KO coming the closest because it doesn't happen unless every guy on the team has "ten toes in". And let's not forget Deandre's tap back to make the shot possible(the assist of the year imo). In the end the scoreboard says UCONN 65 Florida 64(and it would have been fair to end in a tie with a great Florida team). Okay I'm done. :D

GO HUSKIES!!!
THE GAME WINNER.....PART 1
9515954.jpeg

THE GAME WINNER...PART 2
628x471.jpg

Reaction Score
Sorry Im a little fired up here. Of all the BS we have been through the last couple years, and all the crappy things people are saying about UConn basketball whether its the "experts" or just other fans, this season has been so rewarding...and its only 8 games in. This is a special place and in case nobody has realized...we are still UConn and we are not going anywhere!!! What Calhoun built is too strong to fall and Kevin Ollie is carrying the torch perfectly. I cannot wait to see what the rest of the season brings because I really believe we could win this whole thing.

Reaction Score
There is something special about a buzzer beater down 1 or 2. Most of our other buzzer beaters have been tied games which while exciting lacks that "do or die" moment. To have it happen when you're down is damn amazing.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
It's no better than Rip or Kemba but Bazz still has at least 4 games vs. top 15 teams to take over. I wouldn't be surprised if Bazz makes a 3 from NBA range with a hand in his face at some point this season

Reaction Score
Kemba in MSG against Pitt is still better for me
Wow, thanks for the heads up. That certainly fits in with the shots by Bazz and Rip. Could we ask for a better Top 3 Buzzer Beaters than those? I don't think so. It would be interesting(and really exciting) to have a Top 3 compilation from as many programs as we could get them. I wouldn't even care if they were NAIA schools. BUT, the key for me(in Bazz' case) was the combination of the shot, Bazz and the team(and some fans) running off the court into the outside hallway and the sustained crowd reaction that continued until and after they reappeared. It was freakin' unbelievable. I'm getting excited again just typing this.

GO HUSKIES!!!
THE GAME WINNER.....PART 1
9515954.jpeg

THE GAME WINNER....PART 2
628x471.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics