I don't get the panic about Edsall | The Boneyard

I don't get the panic about Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Benedict just pulled off the Diaco move without so much as a single word leaking.

It was an extremely bold move and he seems to understand the mentality of the fanbase.

The Edsall stuff in the media has to be coming from Randy's side.

I would be shocked if Edsall was anything more than emergency fallback and is nowhere near the top of DB's list.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Benedict just pulled off the Diaco move without so much as a single word leaking.

It was an extremely bold move and he seems to understand the mentality of the fanbase.

The Edsall stuff in the media has to be coming from Randy's side.

I would be shocked if Edsall was anything more than emergency fallback and is nowhere near the top of DB's list.

Apollo Creed - "Ding, ding"

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Yep, simple as that. And I don't blame him. All the speculation and buzz is centered on the theme of "randy was the last/only guy to win there". Bumps his street cred at probably the only chance he has to do so.

There's something to be said for the timing of this being a benefit to us, as the focal point of discussion in the CFB world until this weekend. I don't think that was DB's intention, but it certainly doesn't hurt. Maybe it's the American flag blue colored glasses, but this has to be looked at as a great opportunity at this point in time. A well-funded and aggressive athletic department looking to make the last head coach hire for 10 months. If you're a big name and want a job next season, this is it

Reaction Score
Randy sucked in Maryland. But he was not as bad at UConn. That must be fueling the speculation.

Reaction Score
Smokescreen to ease the worry in the locker room at our next HC's current gig? Here's to hoping.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't get the panic if he was the choice.

We've gotten to 6 bowls in our history. He got us to 5 of them, including the Fiesta Bowl. We've won 3 bowls. He won all of them.

I'm not making Edsall out to be Nick Saban, and maybe we could do better with someone else. But face facts: we're now a small time program. Much smaller than when he left. We just did the "hire a big coordinator name from a big time program" thing and it didn't work. Edsall's ceiling may not be as high as some other names, but I'd argue his floor is higher.

Reaction Score
If Kill was Edsall's OC, I could live with that.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
At least we haven't had to hear about Mark Whipple.

C

chiller99.5

Edsall coached against a way higher competition level at Maryland probably 2-3 times more ranked opponents with little success.

Reaction Score
If the buyout money came from guys who loved Edsall, it's not that far fetched he could wind up here. He will bring competency back to the job, something Diaco NEVER showed.

Reaction Score
Yes, that or even possibly Moorhead since they would have had a rapport with him and maybe believed they need to act know to grab him.

But probably more likely Edsall. Issue is UConn and state have limited funds so they wouldn't have been able to act outside of donors so donors will drive the bus on the hire.

If the buyout money came from guys who loved Edsall, it's not that far fetched he could wind up here. He will bring competency back to the job, something Diaco NEVER showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom