I do appreciate fans from other schools being concerned enough | The Boneyard

I do appreciate fans from other schools being concerned enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
to come here and try to talk us off the ledge.

I try to stay calm and carry on, but this is one of those times where my innate stoicism has failed. I'm freaking the out, and, even though I'm jealous of some of those coming here, it's nice that they're not coming here to rub it in our faces, but instead to stop the Jonestown-esque future if UConn doesn't get into a real conference.

I was so confident that UConn was going to the ACC, I started talking to my friends about getting season tickets... and now, I can't sell myself, let alone them, on UConn-Tulane...

Reaction Score
to come here and try to talk us off the ledge.

I try to stay calm and carry on, but this is one of those times where my innate stoicism has failed. I'm freaking the **** out, and, even though I'm jealous of some of those coming here, it's nice that they're not coming here to rub it in our faces, but instead to stop the Jonestown-esque future if UConn doesn't get into a real conference.

I was so confident that UConn was going to the ACC, I started talking to my friends about getting season tickets... and now, I can't sell myself, let alone them, on UConn-Tulane...

Quote of the day!! Unfortunately, also a reality for many of us......

Reaction Score
Personally, I wish fans from those schools would just stay away from this board. They're gloating. They really don't give a F.

Reaction Score
There will be more moves. I was freaking out last night too, but looking at things logically I think we are ok. I think we will land in B1G at some point. Have people ever wonder why ACC took Pitt and Syracuse when UCONN and RU were available? Well now we know RU was talking to B1G. B1G is pretty secretive with its moves. Lets hope UCONN is in discussion with them in the back channels and that's the main reason why ACC took UL. I have a hard time seeing a commuter school having more value than a state flagship in a much better media market. There got to be more logic behind these moves.

Reaction Score
Quote of the day!! Unfortunately, also a reality for many of us......
Yep.

I'll say this the only time I've been this dejected about anything sports related was when the Pats lost their undefeated season in the Super Bowl against the Giants. I did not sleep that night AT ALL. I kept replaying that David Tyree catch in my head, saying why didn't Harrison Just destroy him? I threw up at work cause my stomach was a mess from not sleeping.

This feels worse.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Yep.

I'll say this the only time I've been this dejected about anything sports related was when the Pats lost their undefeated season in the Super Bowl against the Giants. I did not sleep that night AT ALL. I kept replaying that David Tyree catch in my head, saying why didn't Harrison Just destroy him? I threw up at work cause my stomach was a mess from not sleeping.

This feels worse.

I enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member