I did not think this was possible. | The Boneyard

I did not think this was possible.

Reaction Score
In the last 3 games, Anderson has played 96 combined minutes.

He is 0-16 from the field.

He has scored 4 points from the line.

He has banged out 11 fouls. So he's got that going for him.
He did predict a National Championship at the start of the season and many posters said who needs a MAL or Waters when we have the 4th leading scorer from Fordham on our team. So, he also has that going for him.

And no I don't fault Antwoine Anderson at all, fault lies with someone else.

Reaction Score
He is plan C after AG & MAL so our expectations were probably too high after good performances against lesser teams early on. He would have been ok as 10 minute a game guy but no so much in his current "forced" role.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He is plan C after AG & MAL so our expectations were probably too high after good performances against lesser teams early on.

It's not even a comment on Anderson specifically. It's really just something to go 96 minutes in 3 games without scoring a basket when you shoot enough to be 0-16.

It's not like it gets better over a larger sample size. It's 1 basket in 120 minutes if you go back 4 games.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Who could've guessed that a guy who averaged like 4 ppg at Fordham as a senior wouldn't be tremendously successful at UConn?!? Weird.

Reaction Score
Interestingly enough, MAL is giving Anderson a run for his money

6.5 points, 2.7 assists and 2.1 turnovers a game
2-17 from three and 25-53 from the free throw line on the season
3-20 from the field in his last 5 games (93 minutes played)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

3-20 from the field in the last 5 games (in 93 minutes played)

And that's with a coach known for developing players...

Reaction Score

Whodathunk that shooting for a PG in today's game would be an essential stat.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Things are going south fast at PC this year. One of the biggest positives of our season!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And that's with a coach known for developing players...

Just stop - shocking a true freshman would struggle right as conference play starts.

If you think your passive-aggressive shots at everyone not-Ollie, while claiming to support a change isn't obvious... well let's put it this way - you are a long way off from being able to call out B.S. as well as I do.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just stop - shocking a true freshman would struggle right as conference play starts.

If you think your passive-aggressive shots at everyone not-Ollie, while claiming to support a change isn't obvious... well let's put it this way - you are a long way off from being able to call out B.S. as well as I do.

My point was -- if this is MAL under Cooley, what does he look like with Ollie directing his practices and determining his role in the gameplan?

I do support a change. I am the only individual equipped to handle every potential outcome of that change, as I continue to prove every day.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My point was -- if this is MAL under Cooley, what does he look like with Ollie directing his practices and determining his role in the gameplan?

I do support a change. I am the only individual equipped to handle every potential outcome of that change, as I continue to prove every day.

I watched 75% of the games of the last three seasons of Central Connecticut basketball. They literally had one good play in three years and went like 15-80. It was an awesome play though - I do keep it on my DVR to watch every once in a while just to feel alive.

I've watched every minute of an EPL team this season that hasn't won in their last 19 games. I tethered a smart TV to my iphone in the aero lot to watch a loss.

I watch the Baltimore Orioles pretty much every night during the summer.

I've missed one UConn home football game since 1999.

I set up a second TV on Sundays to half watch the Giants next to Red Zone.

My daughter's U9 soccer team didn't score for the first half of their season and I only skipped one game (for one of the horrible football losses). We drove 50 minutes for a game where they didn't get the ball over midfield until it was already 6-0. Literally the ball did not go over into the other team's half.

UConn could lose every game for 3 seasons by 40 points and I would barely notice unless someone felt the need to tell me I just need to be patient.

Reaction Score
He's shooting so bad from 3, he's the first player I will actually recommend to take long 2s.
How about not shooting the ball at all.

Reaction Score
In the last 3 games, Anderson has played 96 combined minutes.

He is 0-16 from the field.

He has scored 4 points from the line.

He has banged out 11 fouls. So he's got that going for him.

Can't lie, I watched him several times tonight and thought "what the hell is he bringing to the team?"

Not ripping him, but it is an honest question. His defense is ok. He can't score and often turns down open shots for reasons I can only imagine. He doesn't set the offense or stretch the defense. I would rather see Polley or Cobb out there.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I watched 75% of the games of the last three seasons of Central Connecticut basketball. They literally had one good play in three years and went like 15-80. It was an awesome play though - I do keep it on my DVR to watch every once in a while just to feel alive.

I've watched every minute of an EPL team this season that hasn't won in their last 19 games. I tethered a smart TV to my iphone in the aero lot to watch a loss.

I watch the Baltimore Orioles pretty much every night during the summer.

I've missed one UConn home football game since 1999.

I set up a second TV on Sundays to half watch the Giants next to Red Zone.

No wonder your so pissed about the CT sports scene.

My daughter's U9 soccer team didn't score for the first half of their season and I only skipped one game (for one of the horrible football losses). We drove 50 minutes for a game where they didn't get the ball over midfield until it was already 6-0. Literally the ball did not go over into the other team's half.

I've seen your house. Invest in some better players.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can't lie, I watched him several times tonight and thought "what the hell is he bringing to the team?"

Not ripping him, but it is an honest question. His defense is ok. He can't score and often turns down open shots for reasons I can only imagine. He doesn't set the offense or stretch the defense. I would rather see Polley or Cobb out there.

He has brought this: the final realization that graduate transfers from lower leagues can have utility in specific roles (Kromah cough cough). Rolling them out as a key rotation piece doesn’t work when against the top 100.

Before someone tells me it wasn’t the plan to use him 30 minutes a game - I know...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No wonder your so pissed about the CT sports scene.

I've seen your house. Invest in some better players.

FWIW they actually got a lot better and finished like 2-5-3 in the end. The coaches had never coached anything before and it was brutal to watch at first but they figured it out as the season went on. You haven’t lived until you’ve seen a 14 year old referee stop a game to explain the most basic rules to the coaches. I am pretty sure no one besides me and a couple other dads know what offsides is.

There is one girl on the team that would be a surefire high school all-state player but turns out she likes softball better so she might sit out the spring. First indoor game is Sunday so hopefully she is there. Her parents are divorced and seem to be in a competition to see who can have more kids in their second marriage (the dynamic would be a 5k word post - at a high level the new spouses all look exactly like the first). I will file adoption papers to keep her in town if necessary.

I look forward to folks like you having kids. Few things are more entertaining than when random parents are trying to compete with you through their kids and it would be impossible to care less. Oh your kid is reading Harry Potter at age 7? I bought my daughter a chromebook to play her games so I can watch college basketball on the ipad.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
in other news Dham dropped 7 points and 4 assist in 5 minutes for the thunder tonight

Thanks for sharing. One of the more puzzling players who came through the program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom