I d love to see clingan/Adama for 2-3 min a half | The Boneyard

I d love to see clingan/Adama for 2-3 min a half

Reaction Score
Adama is so mobile and has shown he can hit 3 ball and drive from 3 point line

When karaban is off- why not go Adama 4 clingan 5? I mean just for a2-3 minute run?

It will ensure rebounding and rim protection will be at max capacity. It will also showcase Adama as a pro 4 man.

What do u guys think?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Jim Carrey Scream GIF

Reaction Score
With Wahab and Akok doing work last night, I wondered if Hurley might play them together to combat GTown’s frontcourt. Fortunately DH made the great adjustment to even go smaller and quicker, with fantastic results. It would be fun to see in spurts though.

Reaction Score
Its the unique and innovative ideas like this that keep me coming back to the boneyard dot com

Reaction Score
With Wahab and Akok doing work last night, I wondered if Hurley might play them together to combat GTown’s frontcourt. Fortunately DH made the great adjustment to even go smaller and quicker, with fantastic results. It would be fun to see in spurts though.
What makes Akok work alongside a center like Wahab is the fact that he's mostly effective as a spot-up shooter.

Sanogo can shoot, but that's far from his strength.

Reaction Score
Together for just 2 or 3 min at a time . Still don't want to disrupt what is going now.
Feel from observing open practice that they have a good chemistry between them.
Love Karaban and would not like to see his floor time decreased.
AS and DC could rotate the low block they both have shown they are moble enough to do it.

Last edited:

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Adama is so mobile and has shown he can hit 3 ball and drive from 3 point line

When karaban is off- why not go Adama 4 clingan 5? I mean just for a2-3 minute run?

It will ensure rebounding and rim protection will be at max capacity. It will also showcase Adama as a pro 4 man.

What do u guys think?
We would need to play zone to make this work but a 1-2-2- or 3-2 with pressure on the perimeter and Sanogo and Clingan on the backline could be formidable, at least as a change of pace.
A 1-3-1 with Clingan in the middle and Jackson at the baseline could also be a great change of pace

Reaction Score
Check out the New Grid Alert thread, I tried to say this in the preseason and got crucified for it, I even brought it up last year too. I get it, why throw off our current flow and team chemistry to try and do something we don't really need to do, unless we are playing a team with multiple bigs as well (ie. Oregon or Purdue).

In everyone's eyes, Adama has no reason to develop his game past being a low block banging big man 5, even at the NBA level. He can't possibly play PF in the league because the superstars who currently play PF - Giannis, Durant, Butler, Davis, Towns, Williamson.. all those guys are so good.. Adama will never be able to play with them, they think his work ethic isn't good enough to get to that level... they think he should exclusively play the 5 at the next level. So to answer your question, NO, he should not play the 4, with Clingan playing the 5 on the court at the same time. Adama isn't good enough and will never be good enough to play the 4 at the NBA level, so why should he try to do it for UConn.

Reaction Score
I am skeptical of this lineup but would be fine trying it out against some weaker teams when we have a lead but would need to keep an eye on it and be willing to pull the plug fast. Our whole problem last year were the two big lineups that just couldnt score. The cole/martin/jackson/sanogo/whaley lineup was brutal offensively. Not saying this is the same team or that guys cant get better but would prefer we be real careful when it comes to double big lineups

Reaction Score
I am skeptical of this lineup but would be fine trying it out against some weaker teams when we have a lead but would need to keep an eye on it and be willing to pull the plug fast. Our whole problem last year were the two big lineups that just couldnt score. The cole/martin/jackson/sanogo/whaley lineup was brutal offensively. Not saying this is the same team or that guys cant get better but would prefer we be real careful when it comes to double big lineups
Imagine, Newton/Hawk(Joey)/AJax/Sanogo/Clingan with 4 mins left in a game and we are up 20...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
People complain about the dumbest things. There is no reason to play them together other than vanity. They are about as much of a one for one replacement as you can get in BB these days. NBA teams wish they could get their combined 40 min production rate.

Reaction Score
We would need to play zone to make this work but a 1-2-2- or 3-2 with pressure on the perimeter and Sanogo and Clingan on the backline could be formidable, at least as a change of pace.
A 1-3-1 with Clingan in the middle and Jackson at the baseline could also be a great change of pace
Won't happen, but imagine Jackson under the hoop in a 1-3-1 stealing passes and sparking fast breaks with his vision....

Yes Please GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Check out the New Grid Alert thread, I tried to say this in the preseason and got crucified for it, I even brought it up last year too. I get it, why throw off our current flow and team chemistry to try and do something we don't really need to do, unless we are playing a team with multiple bigs as well (ie. Oregon or Purdue).

In everyone's eyes, Adama has no reason to develop his game past being a low block banging big man 5, even at the NBA level. He can't possibly play PF in the league because the superstars who currently play PF - Giannis, Durant, Butler, Davis, Towns, Williamson.. all those guys are so good.. Adama will never be able to play with them, they think his work ethic isn't good enough to get to that level... they think he should exclusively play the 5 at the next level. So to answer your question, NO, he should not play the 4, with Clingan playing the 5 on the court at the same time. Adama isn't good enough and will never be good enough to play the 4 at the NBA level, so why should he try to do it for UConn.
Who says his work ethic isn’t there? His game has developed significantly over the past couple years…I assume that’s not bc he’s lazy. Seems like he developed a shot (through working on that) solely to be able to play in the nba. What’s your basis for that comment?

Reaction Score
Why are people still so infatuated with the idea of playing a center at the 4 position? You guys watched last year's anemic ball movement offense, and then this year's top 10 offense in the country and think to yourself, "yeah, give me the anemic offense"..? Please stop bringing this up, it's beyond annoying at this point. It's just flat out stupid

Reaction Score
Who says his work ethic isn’t there? His game has developed significantly over the past couple years…I assume that’s not bc he’s lazy. Seems like he developed a shot (through working on that) solely to be able to play in the nba. What’s your basis for that comment?
Did you read the earlier post, I linked? I am the one who thinks he has what it takes, including his work ethic, to develop into a skilled player. Its mostly everyone else who thinks he can't...... Most of that post I made was exaggerating the lack of belief some people have on here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom