I Can Make That With My Eyes Closed | The Boneyard

I Can Make That With My Eyes Closed

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That would be Kia. I'm probably late to this party, but have not seen this article brought up. Lots of Kia stuff and the Kia/Crystal chemistry.

Nothing sudden about Nurse's impact on Huskies

"When you're able to get experience under your belt with games and practices, you can kind of build chemistry," Nurse said. "For me, Crystal does a lot of things on the court that take pressure off me. I think we're working really well together with our strengths. I'm in positions now where the shots are probably easier to where I can probably even make some of them with my eyes closed. When you have someone like Crystal who has as much quickness, as much intelligence, and as much ability to get the ball where it needs to go on time and on target, it always helps."

Geno: "She makes an impact. She has an impact defensively, she has an impact spreading the floor for us offensively with the way she's shooting the ball. I'm reluctant to take her out unless we have to. She impacts the game at both ends of the floor. She doesn't have to do that by scoring, though she does make a bunch of shots."

We've noticed Geno.

Reaction Score
Nice article. A week or two ago a poster made the statement that Kia is the 5th or 6th best player on the team. This just simply amazed me. When I first got involved with the BY about 10 years ago, when Maya was happening, I felt everyone on this board knew more about basketball than me. At least it seemed that way. This may still be the case but I do have two eyes. As I posted at the time, I sometimes wonder if we're all watching the same game. I suppose Kia has a chance for AA this year if her offensive performance for the remainder of the season holds steady AND voters consider her defense. She deserves to be on the wall, IMHO, especially if UCONN wins out and gets another NC under its belt. That would be 3 NC's as a starter (it might have been if the player had found her open on the left side with time running out (otherwise known as "my dream ending"). If being an AA is what it takes then so be it but, then again, someone once said rules were made to be broken. Anyway, thanks for posting this article.

Reaction Score
Nice article. A week or two ago a poster made the statement that Kia is the 5th or 6th best player on the team. This just simply amazed me. When I first got involved with the BY about 10 years ago, when Maya was happening, I felt everyone on this board knew more about basketball than me. At least it seemed that way. This may still be the case but I do have two eyes. As I posted at the time, I sometimes wonder if we're all watching the same game. I suppose Kia has a chance for AA this year if her offensive performance for the remainder of the season holds steady AND voters consider her defense. She deserves to be on the wall, IMHO, especially if UCONN wins out and gets another NC under its belt. That would be 3 NC's as a starter (it might have been if the player had found her open on the left side with time running out (otherwise known as "my dream ending"). If being an AA is what it takes then so be it but, then again, someone once said rules were made to be broken. Anyway, thanks for posting this article.

Boy do I agree. I think I posted earlier last year that when Kia finally arrived in Italy my reaction was relief...OK Kia's back and all is well with the world, or sentiments to that effect. I really felt that way. She just does so much, adds so much, that doesn't show up in the stats. Taking nothing away from Gabby (I'm in awe of what she's done over the past 3+ years), or anyone else, but Kia is the one who steps up and does whatever it takes whenever it's needed. Maybe if she doesn't make it to the wall we can take up a collection for a statue in the lobby!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Speaking of eyes closed, I believe that KML could shoot FTs quite well with her eyes closed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom