I attended today's game.. | The Boneyard

I attended today's game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...and sat behind the UConn bench.

First, the positive. Lots of UConn fans at the game today. In fact, it was the 2nd highest attended game at BC this year after the Clemson game.

Through the first Q or so, it looked like UConn would be competitive. Down 7-0, Williams hit Lemelle for a long gain and it looked like UConn would finally score after a long drought. On 4th down, make that 4th and 18, Diaco sends out the FG unit and we think, that's OK, we get a FG and we're only down 7-3. Instead, we see Davis in the shotgun and all of us were saying what is he doing? A FG would be OK there. So, we go for it with our FG unit on 4th and 18 and, of course, it didn't work.

We were in shock. The UConn sideline was in shock. That was the turning point in the game.

When your offense creates no excitement and your defense is not designed for big exciting plays, the players get no energy during the game. How could they?

It's pretty clear Diaco has lost this team. Last year, the team kept fighting and even beat Houston. In hindsight, the Houston game was the peak of Diaco's coaching career. Wasn't it a great feeling being on the field at the Rent? I thought we had turned the corner.

I know that many on here had already given up on Diaco, but I kept hoping. I wanted to believe even though my eyes told me not to. Unfortunately, he has now lost me. Today, was the first time that I have left a UConn game with significant time left in the game. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
...and sat behind the UConn bench.

First, the positive. Lots of UConn fans at the game today. In fact, it was the 2nd highest attended game at BC this year after the Clemson game.

Through the first Q or so, it looked like UConn would be competitive. Down 7-0, Williams hit Lemelle for a long gain and it looked like UConn would finally score after a long drought. On 4th down, make that 4th and 18, Diaco sends out the FG unit and we think, that's OK, we get a FG and we're only down 7-3. Instead, we see Davis in the shotgun and all of us were saying what is he doing? A FG would be OK there. So, we go for it with our FG unit on 4th and 18 and, of course, it didn't work.

We were in shock. The UConn sideline was in shock. That was the turning point in the game.

When your offense creates no excitement and your defense is not designed for big exciting plays, the players get no energy during the game. How could they?

It's pretty clear Diaco has lost this team. Last year, the team kept fighting and even beat Houston. In hindsight, the Houston game was the peak of Diaco's coaching career. Wasn't it a great feeling being on the field at the Rent? I thought we had turned the corner.

I know that many on here had already given up on Diaco, but I kept hoping. I wanted to believe even though my eyes told me not to. Unfortunately, he has now lost me. Today, was the first time that I have left a UConn game with significant time left in the game. I just couldn't take it anymore.
At what point did you run out of rolaids and tissues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom