I apologize... Megan Walker threads the past few months... | The Boneyard

I apologize... Megan Walker threads the past few months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm here to eat my words!! I want to apologize to every one on here... I was adamant she was never coming to uconn and she was going to ND or Texas!! I am shocked but mostly very excited she chose to join the uconn family!! She is a wonderful talent and watching her announcement ceremony was pretty special. I am going to eat my humble pie and take complete responsibility for my posts!! I hope u all can accept my apology ... I was completely wrong!!! Look forward to this season and not to look to soon ahead... But can't wait to see next years class who most likely will be ranked number 1.... Come to storrs!! They all seem like a great bunch of kids with great family's!!! Have a nice weekend everyone!!! Go Huskies!! Bleed Blue!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm here to eat my words!! I want to apologize to every one on here... I was adamant she was never coming to uconn and she was going to ND or Texas!! I am shocked but mostly very excited she chose to join the uconn family!! She is a wonderful talent and watching her announcement ceremony was pretty special. I am going to eat my humble pie and take complete responsibility for my posts!! I hope u all can accept my apology ... I was completely wrong!!! Look forward to this season and not to look to soon ahead... But can't wait to see next years class who most likely will be ranked number 1.... Come to storrs!! They all seem like a great bunch of kids with great family's!!! Have a nice weekend everyone!!! Go Huskies!! Bleed Blue!!

Humble pie ??? Naw buddy... you aint gonna get off that easy... grab some napkins and some Texas Pete Hot Sauce and chow down :p:cool::D

%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B92.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't think an apology is necessary, but I already fessed up in a different thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score

Say 40 Hail Genos and go in peace!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Humble pie ??? Naw buddy... you aint gonna get off that easy... grab some napkins and some Texas Pete Hot Sauce and chow down :p:cool::D

Hey Triad, you sound like me last night.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Got big crows down in the triad! I think cro is better eaten - real cro - 'round a campfire in the out back.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Mike, I respect a man that doesn't duck or hide out when he makes a call (prediction) and was wrong. Eating Crow and Humble pie goes with the territory when you're a seer or visionary, or you make predictions. If you're right, you can pat your self on the back. If you're wrong, you know what you've got to do. Face the music, and the group, and be ready to be served a chilled dish of crow, with humble pie for dessert, and nothing to wash it down with. :D That's why I choose scenarios (games) to make predictions on very carefully. We have a short two item menu, and words are not one of them. Today we're serving crow and humble pie. Enjoy your meal. :)

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Mike, I respect a man that doesn't duck or hide out when he makes a call (prediction) and was wrong. Eating Crow and Humble pie goes with the territory when you're a seer or visionary, or you make predictions. If you're right, you can pat your self on the back. If you're wrong, you know what you've got to do. Face the music, and the group, and be ready to be served a chilled dish of crow, with humble pie for dessert, and nothing to wash it down with. :D That's why I choose scenarios (games) to make predictions on very carefully. We have a short two item menu, and words are not one of them. Today we're serving crow and humble pie. Enjoy your meal. :)
nah his problem was "get over it" "lock this thread" "why is Geno wasting his time" "you people are gonna look..." type of comments about others who enjoyed the thread
Here's your pie... someone already took a slice
upload_2016-11-12_3-51-53.jpeg

Reaction Score
nah his problem was "get over it" "lock this thread" "why is Geno wasting his time" "you people are gonna look..." type of comments about others who enjoyed the thread
Here's your pie... someone already took a slice
View attachment 16821

Interestingly--ME became US.
What's amazing is that there is any of that pie left--any where on the planet.
Let us wait until next years--exhibition games--then we can tear her apart.
Until then she'll earn 3 more championships for Chesterfield County.

Reaction Score

Not sure there is a need for us to apologize on this one............I have admitted that I was totally and happily wrong on MW's UConn pick, although it turned out I was dead on with her serious interest in Texas................since MW was legitimately torn between the schools, we read the tea leaves correctly and the main reason we were confused about her choice was that the best choice was so clear.................. on the other hand, an apology may be in order from those those that said they didn't want her on the team even if she chose UConn.............

Reaction Score
I echo that " eating of words." I was certain, based upon gut instinct, that Megan walker's approach was more like that of A'ja Wilson, who never intended to go anywhere but South Carolina. I didn't feel that Megan was committed elsewhere ( UVA does not have the women"s BB tradition yet ), but she seemed " Un -UCONN like ). Stupid view and poor gut instinct. I am delighted to be proven a fool, in this instance. Go Ladies.

Reaction Score
I echo that " eating of words." I was certain, based upon gut instinct, that Megan walker's approach was more like that of A'ja Wilson, who never intended to go anywhere but South Carolina. I didn't feel that Megan was committed elsewhere ( UVA does not have the women"s BB tradition yet ), but she seemed " Un -UCONN like ). Stupid view and poor gut instinct. I am delighted to be proven a fool, in this instance. Go Ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom