I an now convinved we can beat any team on any given day | The Boneyard

I an now convinved we can beat any team on any given day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Next two games could tell us alot about this team and where their at as of now. Beating a top 50 team today was a good start.

Reaction Score
Next two games could tell us alot about this team and where their at as of now. Beating a top 50 team today was a good start.
Have you heard of the two distinct words, "a lot"?

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Have you heard of the two distinct words, "a lot"?
He was clearly referring to the mythical beast, the Alot.

ALOT.png

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

Reaction Score
One game at a time, I never make any predictions, and I always live in the moment. I'm just enjoying the process right now with team.

Reaction Score
Well the OP is right. I would add however any team could beat us on any given day.

I will do some research but I think the word 'upset' is used at times for such instances.

Perhaps scrappy just means we are competitive, which is a good thing.

Reaction Score
Colorado please don't become a member of the grammar police. We have enough already cracking down on us folks that don't have perfect grammar and punctuation. Damm 5 years of college with a master's degree and still can't spell ; what the hell was I doing.

Reaction Score
Damm 5 years of college with a master's degree and still can't spell ; what the hell was I doing.

Regardless of education all it takes is a smartphone and poor eyesight. Fat fingers don't help either.

Reaction Score
Can't we just leave it at "this team has a lot of potential and is already showing signs of improvement"?
If we hung out in person I'd have nicknamed you the "Governor," because you are Johny on the Spot to control runaway enthusiasm in others. And it would stick.

Reaction Score
We have to bring the defense from minute one.

Too many lapses against the Flyers(have to get back on D -no excuses).

Also the only scary thing is without a consistent deep threat knocking down shots the opposition can stay in games longer.

With the athleticism of this team we will give teams fits both offensively and defensively. Defensively with our quicks and Brimah at the rim good luck trying to score(if we play D al the time)

No one will want to see UCONN in their bracket come March.

Reaction Score
It's interesting, as announcers were discussing who could hang with Kentucky this year, we were no where in the conversation, but we only have to compete in the games in front of us. Top teams get knocked off all the time, so the question should not be can we beat Kentucky or Duke. Of course I want to win the Duke and Texas games but at this point in the season I am happy with just being competitive in those games. That says we can go down the stretch with anyone. I think we have "old guards" guys who don't rattle, Purvis, Casssel, TSam, led by the best, Boat. No one seems to recognize that.

Reaction Score
the fact that we couldn't beat D1 low lifes Bryant, CofC, and Dayton by more than 20 points each spells doom. this team is weak and plays sporadic defense. Purvis is Deng/Majok 2.0 and Nolan is soft. We have depth in the backcourt but somehow Ollie has recruited a bunch of guards that can't dribble. If Ollie could recruit, we would have landed at least 1 top recruit for next season, instead he went 0-3 when it counted.
If we win 5 more games this season it will be complete luck. This team doesn't belong in a conference with Memphis, Cinci, and SMU. And next year, with the recruiting we just saw, brace for a step back.
It's obvious the way this season is going, the death of Uconn BB is upon us. Last guy out, turn off the lights and unplug the computer.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not to be Debbie Downer, maybe more Richie Realist, but you know this after come from behind wins over Bryant and Dayton?

Can't we just leave it at "this team has a lot of potential and is already showing signs of improvement"?

Remember this is coming from the guy who thinks Rock is the next DeJuan Blair (or Charles Barkley or whoever it was). I don't think Richie Realist is part of the equation.

Reaction Score
It's interesting, as announcers were discussing who could hang with Kentucky this year, we were no where in the conversation, but we only have to compete in the games in front of us. Top teams get knocked off all the time, so the question should not be can we beat Kentucky or Duke. Of course I want to win the Duke and Texas games but at this point in the season I am happy with just being competitive in those games. That says we can go down the stretch with anyone. I think we have "old guards" guys who don't rattle, Purvis, Casssel, TSam, led by the best, Boat. No one seems to recognize that.

The pundits have yet to learn from 2011 and 2014. All early season judgments are based on the number of McDonald's All-Americans you have. Or you get these endless Jeff Goodman assessments of the top shooting teams, top passing teams, top rebounding teams, etc, none of which ever include UConn. The question they should be asking is, "What is the most UConn-like team? What team has the most Kemba-like or Shabazz-like guard? Because that is the team that can hang with Kentucky.

The answer, of course (and need I tell you) is UConn.

Reaction Score
Let's reserve this talk for following Texas and Duke

I dont see this team losing by 30+ like last years team did. Nothing is guaranteed--we were very close to being out in round 1 last year. The bottom line this team has the goods to win 6 games in a row---I think its a team that might not lose too many games. While we might not win it--that takes many things falling in place--in terms of pure talent this team is better than both 2010 and 2014 just mo.

Reaction Score
Not to be Debbie Downer, maybe more Richie Realist, but you know this after come from behind wins over Bryant and Dayton?

I think that there might be a lot of people that like this team because they have a lot of grit and have the ability to perform when it's necessary. They are a young team with a lot of people having new roles and more significant ones so it'll take a while to find the right lineup. Probably not the team that will ever completely blow any team out but will get the job done. A Kevin Ollie team!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I dont see this team losing by 30+ like last years team did. Nothing is guaranteed--we were very close to being out in round 1 last year. The bottom line this team has the goods to win 6 games in a row---I think its a team that might not lose too many games. While we might not win it--that takes many things falling in place--in terms of pure talent this team is better than both 2010 and 2014 just mo.
I'm not even certain we'll beat West Virginia, so it is a bit early for me to building a shelf for #5 just yet. This is an incredibly young team. There will be bumps along the way.

But, yeah, there are some promising pieces aren't there?

Reaction Score
the fact that we couldn't beat D1 low lifes Bryant, CofC, and Dayton by more than 20 points each spells doom. this team is weak and plays sporadic defense. Purvis is Deng/Majok 2.0 and Nolan is soft. We have depth in the backcourt but somehow Ollie has recruited a bunch of guards that can't dribble. If Ollie could recruit, we would have landed at least 1 top recruit for next season, instead he went 0-3 when it counted.
If we win 5 more games this season it will be complete luck. This team doesn't belong in a conference with Memphis, Cinci, and SMU. And next year, with the recruiting we just saw, brace for a step back.
It's obvious the way this season is going, the death of Uconn BB is upon us. Last guy out, turn off the lights and unplug the computer.
Seriously???????????

Reaction Score
We need Facey Nolen to be able to score in the post.Amida have gotten better but needs to be deeper in the paint. Lubin looks lost out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom