I am so starved for a good UConn.. | The Boneyard

I am so starved for a good UConn..

Reaction Score
Mens basketball team it's ridiculous. I know we made the tourney in '16 but that was not a good team....I went to the MSG game vs MD with a MD alum & quite frankly the UConn team was not good....good pieces that should have been a decent team but didn't work for whatever reason.

So it's been 4 long years since UConn men were a threat to any team in the nation .....I am freaking starving! I don't expect miracles in year 1 of new regime & in 6 months the landscape of CBB could be a different environment, but I just want to be in an arena or watching the tube with a good chance to beat good teams again.

It's been too long & I can't wait to see those days soon hopefully. For now I'm on the Buffalo bandwagon!

Reaction Score
That Maryland game was in November if I recall correctly. Too early to say they were not good. I sat in MSG oe November and watched the 2004 team get manhandled.

I still say that's the best UConn team I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
That Maryland game was in November if I recall correctly. Too early to say they were not good. I sat in MSG oe November and watched the 2004 team get manhandled.

You talking about the Georgia Tech game? Preseason NIT Tourney. I was there as well if that’s the game. EO was either out that game or didn’t play much with injury if memeory serves. We got them back when it counted. That team also got handled by Gomez at XL that year.

Reaction Score
the 2016 ended up being mediocre at best and not a threat. MD embarrassed them & not much changed that year

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was there as well if that’s the game. EO was either out that game or didn’t play much with injury if memeory serves. We got them back when it counted. That team also got handled by Gomez at XL that year.

Was that when Okafor was out with back issues as well?

Reaction Score
I didn't go to msg but I remember almost throwing my TV out of my apartment with the KO technical

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I believe he played that game. I remember walking out of XL and you could hear a pin drop. Fans in Disbelief.

Thanks. I was overseas that year and it was tough to watch every game. Internet was not as giving. Until late in the season, when TV options were better.

Reaction Score
I sat in MSG oe November and watched the 2004 team get manhandled.

I remember Ismail Muhammad dunking all over us. That guy could throw it down in traffic with the best of them and IIRC every single one was with two hands. He had no fear.

The '04 team faced a lot of adversity along the way: Charlie's eligibility issues, Emeka's back, Gordon's broken nose midway through the season, Marcus Williams' academic ineligibility. It probably helped in the end though. I wonder what that team would have looked like if it was smooth sailing all season. At their peak, they were unquestionably the best team we've ever had.

Reaction Score
I miss them in the Big Tourney not the same without them. At least we aren’t as bad as Pitt
It is as if we had something stolen from us. 3 weeks in March/April.

Reaction Score
We had some quality on that 16 team, ran into a Kansas buzzsaw. We’re not looking for a coach if we were near that this year.

Reaction Score
We had some quality on that 16 team, ran into a Kansas buzzsaw. We’re not looking for a coach if we were near that this year.

The quality is what makes that outcome so disappointing. Adams, Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, Miller, Facey, Brimah.

Whether by lack of development or poor utilization, that team underachieved. That team should have been Top 25 all year and a protected seed.

They never got out of their own way until Adams bailed them out against Cincy, then went on a little 3-game run before no-showing against Kansas.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
The second week of March sucks, when we do too. I refuse to watch any games and just check in on the scores.

It's so much easier to justify day drinking all week if you're watching your team in the tourney. Granted, I still closed up shop and started drinking at 3pm today but that's because I got hypnotized by 30 seconds of "Gold Rush-White Water" and ended up binge watching the whole season with Tito.

These guys literally divert an Alaskan mountain river with 2x4's and plywood so they can scuba dive into said river to find millions in gold. Season finale is tonight at 1opm and so far these bumbling dummies are at least $2 million in debt and have found $2000 worth of gold.

But, the they're doing is so dangerous that you can't look away. It's like watching a train wreck as it happens but it's not over yet so you're still holding out hope. You want them to live and succeed but you already know the end.

Does that qualify as being starved for a good UCONN MBB team?

And bandwagons are for casual fans, get your head straight.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
the 2016 ended up being mediocre at best and not a threat. MD embarrassed them & not much changed that year
I was there and UConn was within 3 with 2 minutes left - that's an embarrassment?
Maryland was ranked in top 5 at that time
Not a threat? Ask Kansas - they had to play their best game of the tournament to beat UConn
And who won the AAC tournament?
You memory and history is somewhat warped

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The second week of March sucks, when we do too. I refuse to watch any games and just check in on the scores.

It's so much easier to justify day drinking all week if you're watching your team in the tourney. Granted, I still closed up shop and started drinking at 3pm today but that's because I got hypnotized by 30 seconds of "Gold Rush-White Water" and ended up binge watching the whole season with Tito.

These guys literally divert an Alaskan mountain river with 2x4's and plywood so they can scuba dive into said river to find millions in gold. Season finale is tonight at 1opm and so far these bumbling dummies are at least $2 million in debt and have found $2000 worth of gold.

But, the they're doing is so dangerous that you can't look away. It's like watching a train wreck as it happens but it's not over yet so you're still holding out hope. You want them to live and succeed but you already know the end.

Does that qualify as being starved for a good UCONN MBB team?

And bandwagons are for casual fans, get your head straight.

I'm a huge fan of Gold Rush, but the other offshoots are kind of ridiculous. The winter dredging under the ice is cool to see, but they are almost never profitable and the conflict they inject sucks. The offshore summer dredging is only saved by the Pomrenke's as a real operation, again nobody else actually makes any money. This season of White Water is a little interesting, but they are unlikely to do anything in terms of profit. But I'll watch the season ender later. I am highly doubtful they will find millions.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm a huge fan of Gold Rush, but the other offshoots are kind of ridiculous. The winter dredging under the ice is cool to see, but they are almost never profitable and the conflict they inject sucks. The offshore summer dredging is only saved by the Pomrenke's as a real operation, again nobody else actually makes any money. This season of White Water is a little interesting, but they are unlikely to do anything in terms of profit. But I'll watch the season ender later. I am highly doubtful they will find millions.

Season finale is in 19 minutes I can't find a website for good pizza reccommendations in CT!

Reaction Score

The problem was not getting beat by Kansas in the 2nd round. The problem was the regular season was mediocre that we were seeded to play a 1 seed in the 2nd round.

Reaction Score
The quality is what makes that outcome so disappointing. Adams, Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, Miller, Facey, Brimah.

Whether by lack of development or poor utilization, that team underachieved. That team should have been Top 25 all year and a protected seed.

They never got out of their own way until Adams bailed them out against Cincy, then went on a little 3-game run before no-showing against Kansas.
No bail out. For the millionth time they were in. If anything that shot screwed them by putting them in Kansas bracket. Every other matchup for second round was possible BUT Kansas. No Jalen shot and we are playing Fresno state baby.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom