I am so sick of everyone saying the BE is done with, just take 1 ACC team | The Boneyard

I am so sick of everyone saying the BE is done with, just take 1 ACC team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Virginia Tech; add Navy, UCF, and Temple and the new 10 team BE conference is MILES better than the ACC in FB. Pay VT an uneven cut, whatever it takes, $30m a year.

We could easily sign a $12m per team TV deal, have each team pay $2m to VT. This puts VT's take at $30m and reduces each BE school to $10m. My numbers may be screwed up, but the CONCEPT is not. The ACC sans Va Tech SUCKS, it probably loses its AQ status. Sweet revenge to boot!!

Here are the top BE vs ACC team final AP Poll for last 6 years (yes 2010 was bad).

2010 VT 16th BE nothing
2009 VT 10th Cincy 8th
2008 VT 15th Cincy 17th
2007 VT 9th WVU 6th
2006 Wake 18th UL 6th
2005 VT 7th WVU 5th

Take away VT and the ACC sucks!!!!!!!

Enough with all the unstable BE talk. Everyone knows deep down that an Eastern Regional Conference FB conference would be awesome. Yes Penn St, Maryland, Cuse, Pitt, and BCU would complete it, but they left - so f%$k em. Pay VT and destroy the ACC and give my Huskies the home they deserve. Yes Providensc has sucked, but I think their tune has changed and having 10 FB schools with VT, Navy, Temple, and UCF greatly outweighs the second tier Texas schools and Booisseee football (yes Boise FB players can't spell either).

Take that EAST COAST 10 team FB conference to NBC and dust the that ESPN/ACC sans VT marginal FB league. Its all smoke and mirrors and my proposed 10 team BE rocks.

Done.

Reaction Score
Virginia Tech; add Navy, UCF, and Temple and the new 10 team BE conference is MILES better than the ACC in FB. Pay VT an uneven cut, whatever it takes, $30m a year.

We could easily sign a $12m per team TV deal, have each team pay $2m to VT. This puts VT's take at $30m and reduces each BE school to $10m. My numbers may be screwed up, but the CONCEPT is not. The ACC sans Va Tech SUCKS, it probably loses its AQ status. Sweet revenge to boot!!

Here are the top BE vs ACC team final AP Poll for last 6 years (yes 2010 was bad).

2010 VT 16th BE nothing
2009 VT 10th Cincy 8th
2008 VT 15th Cincy 17th
2007 VT 9th WVU 6th
2006 Wake 18th UL 6th
2005 VT 7th WVU 5th

Take away VT and the ACC sucks!!!!!!!

Enough with all the unstable BE talk. Everyone knows deep down that an Eastern Regional Conference FB conference would be awesome. Yes Penn St, Maryland, Cuse, Pitt, and BCU would complete it, but they left - so f%$k em. Pay VT and destroy the ACC and give my Huskies the home they deserve. Yes Providensc has sucked, but I think their tune has changed and having 10 FB schools with VT, Navy, Temple, and UCF greatly outweighs the second tier Texas schools and Booisseee football (yes Boise FB players can't spell either).

Take that EAST COAST 10 team FB conference to NBC and dust the that ESPN/ACC sans VT marginal FB league. Its all smoke and mirrors and my proposed 10 team BE rocks.

Done.
That used to be the deal for Miami, more or less. They got more money. They left. The last ditch effort to keep Miami gave them a way unbalanced payout which they rejected.

There is something about the BE that is not like any other BCS conference. That difference has never been addressed and for the second time in less than 10 years the FB conference is threatened. No plan that has been floated addresses that difference. The last time it was floated and agreed to by the AD's of the FB schools in 2003 (including Uconn), it never came to fruition for whatever reason. There is a reason teams from other BCS leagues are not knocking on the BE's door before the latest changes. And when VT is down (and they will be because everything runs in cycles) and they get more money than everyone else, how happy would WVU, Uconn, RU etc. be?And PSU and MD were never part of the BE.

Other than those tings, great rant.

Reaction Score
Better yet, give the same deal to ND or Penn State and Pitt and Syracuse might reconsider, heck BC would probably want back in and we can block them.

Reaction Score
Better yet, give the same deal to ND or Penn State and Pitt and Syracuse might reconsider, heck BC would probably want back in and we can block them.

But ND or Penn State does not kill the ACC AQ status like taking VT does. Sweet revenge.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, the VA legislature twisted all those arms to get VPI into the ACC so that Tech could go back to the Big East and cost the ACC their AQ status thereby screwing UVA.

Is it time to put a disclaimer on the expansion board asking people to not post if they have been huffing paint?

Reaction Score

Is it time to put a disclaimer on the expansion board asking people to not post if they have been huffing paint?

Yes, but its fun huffing paint, and beats all these depressing BE threads. Do you really really think Boise is the answer?

Again, UConn should stand for a North East FB conference and do what it can to make this happen. Yes the VA legislature had a role in VT and the ACC, but where's the legislature for 6 decent North East FB teams named RU, UConn, WVU, UL, UC, and USF (to a lesser degree).

Reaction Score
If the McRib has one last comeback,why not the Big East?

Reaction Score
"Yes, but its fun huffing paint, and beats all these depressing BE threads. Do you really really think Boise is the answer?

If you are stranded in the ocean on a raft, and a blue painted dolphin shows up and volunteers to pull you to shore for a while, then yes Boise is an answer for now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, but its fun huffing paint, and beats all these depressing BE threads. Do you really really think Boise is the answer?

Again, UConn should stand for a North East FB conference and do what it can to make this happen. Yes the VA legislature had a role in VT and the ACC, but where's the legislature for 6 decent North East FB teams named RU, UConn, WVU, UL, UC, and USF (to a lesser degree).

No, Boise is ridiculous, but they are the best of what's around. UConn can stand for anything they like - there isn't a NE football conference to be created because the only two schools interested are UConn and Rutgers.

Reaction Score
That is an amazing stat regarding Va Tech and the ACC. Why is this never mentioned on ESPN? Oh...nevermind.

Reaction Score
That is an amazing stat regarding Va Tech and the ACC. Why is this never mentioned on ESPN? Oh...nevermind.
People are trend-driven. ESPN gives the elitist college football fans what they want to hear, "the Big East sucks".

Reaction Score

Done.
Can you get us out of that Conference Whole USA idea?

Reaction Score
If the McRib has one last comeback,why not the Big East?

it wasn't until the last come back that i remembered how gross the mcrib was.

Reaction Score
the ironic part is that if VTech had to play in any other BCS conference they'd probably be ranked 10-15 spots below where they usually are after beating up a bunch of pansy ACC teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom