I am so proud of Mercedes Russell

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Now on a star laden, successful team
after an unhappy college experience in which
the coaching (mis-coaching) she received left her unprepared
and pretty miserable looking...

Mercedes Russell has become a fine supporting player..
A wonderful, cheerful and supportive teammate.
A pleasure to watch her play and interact.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I like the sentiment of supporting her but I wouldn't say it was an unhappy college experience. She came to Holly's defense when she was let go and also opted to stay 5 years. Mercedes has never spoken poorly of the program or Holly as far as I know and she seems to value her time there. Entering the pros she was soft and had not been pushed to achieve greatness been but never looked "miserable". Anyone could see she had the size, frame and ability to be a WNBA player but just needed better coaching and a better situation which she seems to have found in Seattle.

Reaction Score
I myself am proud of her maturation and accomplishments in the WNBA. Kudos to her.

Reaction Score
I like the sentiment of supporting her but I wouldn't say it was an unhappy college experience. She came to Holly's defense when she was let go and also opted to stay 5 years. Mercedes has never spoken poorly of the program or Holly as far as I know and she seems to value her time there. Entering the pros she was soft and had not been pushed to achieve greatness been but never looked "miserable". Anyone could see she had the size, frame and ability to be a WNBA player but just needed better coaching and a better situation which she seems to have found in Seattle.
Agree, few injuries during those college years didn’t help with development too.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Agree, few injuries during those college years didn’t help with development too.
True, although if we're being honest, Holly was absolutely dreadful at developing talent so I'm not sure how much those injuries prevented her from becoming a better player as much as it was coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom