I am sad.... | The Boneyard

I am sad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The tone was set with the opening drive. UConn was moving at will & got stopped. It was 4th and 1 & Coach D. went the conservative route. He eschewed going for the 1st down in favor of a field goal. I guess that last week was on his mind & he wanted to give Puyol a confidence boost. I would have tried to move the chains. At the very least you are telling your offense that you have confidence in them. At the worst, you are giving the ball to the opposition at the spot where the ball would have been spotted if you kicked it through the endzone.
UConn's defense lost this game. It didn't stop Navy's running game at all in the first half. Kudos to the Midshipmen. UConn has a lot of work to do.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That was the best quarterback UConn will face all year in his decision making and ability to run the offense.

One thing I noticed is UConn players had no quit in them, unlike the previous three years when they got behind.

Reaction Score
UConn's defense lost this game. It didn't stop Navy's running game at all in the first half.

^^^This.

Was the story of the whole game. Carved us up methodically with the triple option the way Army did last year.

I didn't think the UConn offense played bad, but they had zero margin for error the way our D couldn't get a stop when it mattered.

Reaction Score
The lack of an ability to seal the edge at all, ever, was why we lost IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom