I Am Proud | The Boneyard

I Am Proud

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
If the team that played the second half showed up in the first, this would have been one hell of a game. That second half team is the reason I thought we'd win. Great effort to comeback, the mountain was just way too high.

Reaction Score
Did not give up at all. Really proud of how they bounced back. Luckily for us, we're no Cinderella's so we'll be back

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One thing I thought (when the announcers said Seldon's favorite team before college was UConn) is that the bull$h!t APR punishments (which likely cost us him among other things) is finally behind us, as are all of the ramifications that came with it.

The team showed a lot of character when they easily could have folded. That speaks volumes.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They frustrated the hell out of me many times this season. But in the end, I am proud because instead of quitting when they went from a sure tourney team to a bubble team at the end of the regular season, they strapped on their big boy pants and went to work. They showed they had pride and wanted to win. I am not upset tonight, I am proud of the way they finished out.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If the team that played the second half showed up in the first, this would have been one hell of a game. That second half team is the reason I thought we'd win. Great effort to comeback, the mountain was just way too high.

Played a nice 2nd half. Just hope that the future changes the way KOs teams tend to play. This game was typical. Inconsistent within games and from game to game. Hope nobody leaves early- can't see anyone really ready.

Reaction Score
I love the Huskies. I appreciate their effort.

This team was less than the sum of its parts all season. They looked like they might be meshing but crapped the bed in the first half tonight. Next year will tell a lot about where the program is headed.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Crazy how much better we have been in the second half. Ollie needs to give his halftime speech before the game.

Reaction Score
Thought they fought hard second half, which we can be proud of. First half they looked pretty overwhelmed by KU, especially after Brimah left. Once he was out they went on those long unanswered runs, which buried us.

Rough night. Didn't play well and they couldn't afford to play anything but great against that team.

Good season UConn. Hoping for better things next year. Always bleeding blue.

Reaction Score
I love the Huskies. I appreciate their effort.

This team was less than the sum of its parts all season. They looked like they might be meshing but crapped the bed in the first half tonight. Next year will tell a lot about where the program is headed.

Palentine, you are too annoying for words. All you want to do is stick your finger into somebody's eye. This is the wrong board for those antics. No one here gives two craps about your feelings about Hillary. We all hoped for more games, and it just didn't happen. Your negativity about the team and the probable defection of our coach are absurd.

You should be thanking the team for their efforts. Or, perhaps, you think you are more disappointed than they are.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 22.08.49.png

Reaction Score
Charlie is right.
I am not upset losing to another blue blood that is on point. Losing to CO would have been painful, this was not a heartbreaker. I am excited for next season and this team worked hard in the end to redeem some really questionable games.

Reaction Score
When you consider the core if this team really only played together one year,had no true point guard ,lacked physicality in the front court and still managed to win 25 games it was a remarkable year.
If Everyone come back we are looking at a battle tested core with some good new pieces coming in , I think the future barring defections could be very bight.

Reaction Score
Here is my take on all this. this team is to be commended to fight their way through the AAC tournament win knocking off previous nemesises Temple and Cincinnati (which they took into an extra game in one) to qualify for the big dance. they received a terrible draw in the tourney and i can't help but believe that SN's stick in the eye of Emmert had a lot to do with it. That pasty faced troll is a vindictive SOB. I think tonights loss was a compilation of the overtimes that adrenaline couldn't carry them through. In the first half they were just standing around and not moving much at all, but the 2nd half they proved that they could dig down deep to make a game of it. I am very proud of this team. Toward the end of the season we had doubts they could even make the tourney and yet they managed to win at least one game

Reaction Score
As we all should be. We ran into a great team playing championship-caliber basketball tonight. That KU team reminds me a lot of our 04 team. They can score 100 different ways inside and out, they play defense down low without fouling, shoot the ball well among numerous different guys - that's a team on a warpath to the national championship. They're not like a lot of other 1/2 seeds that slip in there racking up wins against garbage teams or running hot in late February and early March. We got punched hard in the first half and came back with a strong punch in the second. Unfortunately it wasn't enough because our group just isn't there yet to compete with the absolute best of the best. We have a freshman point guard, a sophomore star player, a still underdeveloped frontcourt, and two starters playing their first year with this group. But we didn't back down, we outscored them in the second half, came on strong, but that's simply a better team top to bottom. I would've taken our chances against any other 1 seed, especially UVA and Oregon, and would've liked our chances better as a 10 seed against any of the 2's or even an 11 seed against any of the 6s and 11s. Sometimes the luck of the draw is what it is - we matched up against who is probably the deepest most talented team in the country. I'm excited for the fall.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is the kind of game that motivates a team the following year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This thread has everything I need to power the hour-long drive home after an extended post-game nap on my sister's couch...even a pointed rebuke to an insufferable pri¢k I've long ignored.

And later today, a multigenerational family meal with a variety of pizzas from Pepe's, Sally's, Modern, Bar, DaLegna, Ernie's and Grimaldi's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom