I am not abandoning ship. | The Boneyard

I am not abandoning ship.

Reaction Score
I will renew my season tickets.
I will pay my donation.
I will tailgate at the opener next year.
I will be in my seat before kickoff.

I am upset with Edsall.
I think he is a moron.
I know he has no class.
I hope he can be successful at UConn.

I will support our student athletes.
I will cheer for them.
I will enjoy watching them play.
And at some point, I will really enjoy watching them win.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I'll bite and continue my contrarian view.

1) Edsall did not forget how to coach from the first stint here. The difference now is that unlike last time, he can't hand pick a schedule to mask the rebuild job. We are exposed week after week unlike last time when we played teams at our level(lower MAC and independents).
2) Crocker coached the number 1 defense in 1AA at Nova before he came here. He did not forget how to coach either.
3) Any Diaco defenders or anyone who thinks this is worse than what that infant did to our program knows NOTHING. He killed all that was good after P was gone. He left the cupboard bare.
4) What difference makers did Edsall run off over the last 2 years? I don't miss Ron Johnson and Brice McCallister would have used up his eligibility last year.
5) Lashlee wanted to leave. He got thrown a life vest by Benedict to keep his career from blowing up after he was sent packing at Auburn. He was here for a max 2 years. Next
6) We are playing too many true freshmen and redshirts- I have always contended we won't see significant improvement until the 2nd half of next year.
7) I don't care how quickly rebuilds in Cinncinati(misspelled on purpose because I hate them) or Memphis or UCF took. Why? Look at the fertile recruiting grounds AND the academics of the schools. No one wants to hear the back story, I know it. RE and/or any other coach need to hope that the next President is willing to loosen the academic strings to help the program.
8) Edsall isn't going anywhere(unless the state ethics board wins their appeal) and no one is getting fired to soothe a few Boneyarders. If anyone leaves, it will be for more money or they aren't making it happen as part of the staff.
9) There are no shortcuts to building a winning program. It is disappointing where we are and the results suck. You have to see ZERO potential in the kids we have now to say RE is doing a bad job and the plan needs to be redone.

I have faith that RE will get us to 8 win seasons and bowl games. IT WILL HAPPEN

Reaction Score

1) Edsall did not forget how to coach from the first stint here. The difference now is that unlike last time, he can't hand pick a schedule to mask the rebuild job. We are exposed week after week unlike last time when we played teams at our level(lower MAC and independents).
2) Crocker coached the number 1 defense in 1AA at Nova before he came here. He did not forget how to coach either.
3) Any Diaco defenders or anyone who thinks this is worse than what that infant did to our program knows NOTHING. He killed all that was good after P was gone. He left the cupboard bare.
4) What difference makers did Edsall run off over the last 2 years? I don't miss Ron Johnson and Brice McCallister would have used up his eligibility last year.
5) Lashlee wanted to leave. He got thrown a life vest by Benedict to keep his career from blowing up after he was sent packing at Auburn. He was here for a max 2 years. Next
6) We are playing too many true freshmen and redshirts- I have always contended we won't see significant improvement until the 2nd half of next year.
7) I don't care how quickly rebuilds in Cinncinati(misspelled on purpose because I hate them) or Memphis or UCF took. Why? Look at the fertile recruiting grounds AND the academics of the schools. No one wants to hear the back story, I know it. RE and/or any other coach need to hope that the next President is willing to loosen the academic strings to help the program.
8) Edsall isn't going anywhere(unless the state ethics board wins their appeal) and no one is getting fired to soothe a few Boneyarders. If anyone leaves, it will be for more money or they aren't making it happen as part of the staff.
9) There are no shortcuts to building a winning program. It is disappointing where we are and the results suck. You have to see ZERO potential in the kids we have now to say RE is doing a bad job and the plan needs to be redone.

I have faith that RE will get us to 8 win seasons and bowl games. IT WILL HAPPEN
Disagree with #9. There is always a shortcut and it comes in a paper bag and unmarked bills.

Reaction Score
Your constant posting of threads with little to no content suggested otherwise. Thank you for setting the record straight.
Just because most things go over your head doesn't mean there isn't valuable content. Keep reading my posts and think harder. You will grow.

And given the amount of folks proclaiming their intention to abandon their seats maybe...... . .

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I will renew my season tickets.
I will pay my donation.
I will tailgate at the opener next year.
I will be in my seat before kickoff.

I am upset with Edsall.
I think he is a moron.
I know he has no class.
I hope he can be successful at UConn.

I will support our student athletes.
I will cheer for them.
I will enjoy watching them play.
And at some point, I will really enjoy watching them win.
90D6BA16-7B0E-4BDF-A831-9D9677EE5DD7.png

Reaction Score

I agree and hope so. Good post.

Reaction Score
The program needs some continuity. Give Edsall his third year. Lets see how this next signing period goes. All these freshmen will be better for being thrust into the fire. I would have liked to see a couple of the back up QB's get some real game reps. They can only go up from here.

Reaction Score
Regarding #7 and academic standards for our players, someone replied to a post a while back saying the standards had already been lowered for the class that came in this year. Does anyone know for sure if that's true? Seems to me we need to drop to the NCAA minimum. Why stack the deck against ourselves more than it already is?

C

Chief00

Who on the staff is a candidate for leaving for more money? Perhaps, Terry Richardson? But, he was unemployed a year before this job happened.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The program needs some continuity. Give Edsall his third year. Lets see how this next signing period goes. All these freshmen will be better for being thrust into the fire. I would have liked to see a couple of the back up QB's get some real game reps. They can only go up from here.

I agree but he needs to show some forward progress.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

A. There are absolutely shortcuts. Look at UAB. UConn won't loosen up for JUCOs but to say there aren't shortcuts is ignorant.

B. I see ZERO potential in these kids, yes. It's the worst defense in the sport's history. I'm not being unfair to say that I see no potential. I'm being factual.

Reaction Score
I got no problem pushing you outta the way to get on a lifeboat.
Then go.

In any case, I'm ten toes in. Win or lose. I am supporting the program with my dollars, my time and my energy. Either get on the bus or off. And when we win, you are all welcome back on the bandwagon. Go Huskies.

I'll be there for the Temple game even though I live several states away.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
A. There are absolutely shortcuts. Look at UAB. UConn won't loosen up for JUCOs but to say there aren't shortcuts is ignorant.

B. I see ZERO potential in these kids, yes. It's the worst defense in the sport's history. I'm not being unfair to say that I see no potential. I'm being factual.
You need to be able to project growth from freshman to senior years- to say none of these kids will get physically bigger and stronger and faster is far fetched. The next question is can they gin confidence with the added strength and speed. Unless one is coached by Diaco or Pasqualoni - they do get better throughout their college careers.

As per shortcuts- please give me an example of a UCONN program that ever took a shortcut? If so, was it maintained? I couldn't find average SAT score but UAB average ACT is 25 and UCONN's is 28. The schools fish in different ponds plus I wouldn't rate Connecticut or Northeast high school football on par with Alabama high school football.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
Who on the staff is a candidate for leaving for more money? Perhaps, Terry Richardson? But, he was unemployed a year before this job happened.
Corey Edsall could make more anywhere else!! Isn't he the lowest paid D1 assistant coach out there. His social media game is worth more than he is paid.

C

Chief00

Corey Edsall could make more anywhere else!! Isn't he the lowest paid D1 assistant coach out there. His social media game is worth more than he is paid.

So our social media guy could leave for more money. I think you made my point better than I did.

Reaction Score
I agree but he needs to show some forward progress.
agreed and if he wasn't strapped with so, so many freshmen this season we probably would have seen more progress. I'm just hoping that the team returning stays intact with very little if any transfers. Continuity is the ingredient most needed for this program right now. Over the last eight years how many different offensive coordinators? Dare I say 6 or 7? In the last decade 4 different head coaches, 4 different philosophies for these kids to digest. How many different O-line coaches? 3 or 4 different strength and conditioning programs. Every time these players start to digest one way of playing the game the staff changes and it's back to starting all over again.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Then go.

In any case, I'm ten toes in. Win or lose. I am supporting the program with my dollars, my time and my energy. Either get on the bus or off. And when we win, you are all welcome back on the bandwagon. Go Huskies.

I'll be there for the Temple game even though I live several states away.
Please accept my invitation to my tailgate this Saturday.

No UConn football fan traveling multiple states to a Temple game this weekend should be alone.

PM me.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
where was that poem from?
It's a riff on The Charge of the Light Brigade. That ended well. Joking. @Palatine, I appreciate your dedication. And I agree with your sentiment. I will toast you tonight with an ice cold beverage. I'd be drinking anyway but this gives me something to celebrate. Good on ya.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom