I am beyond excited for the season to start | The Boneyard

I am beyond excited for the season to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm in New Orleans today on business. Besides the usual LSU crowd, several folks I met are Tulane guys excited about their new stadium and the AAC. This should be a great road trip for UConn fans who can get down here this year. I agree with uconnell. I'm very amped for this season. Diaco has built a juggernaut of momentum building to game #1. It's palpable.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I'm in New Orleans today on business. Besides the usual LSU crowd, several folks I met are Tulane guys excited about their new stadium and the AAC. This should be a great road trip for UConn fans who can get down here this year. I agree with uconnell. I'm very amped for this season. Diaco has built a juggernaut of momentum building to game #1. It's palpable.
NO is 16 hr round trip drive for me. I may just have to make a long weekend adventure out of it, especially if my dogs are in the hunt.

Reaction Score
I can't remember feeling quite this way before any season. #Husky Up.
It has been a long time since I have been this excited for a upcoming season as well. Diaco has breathed some serious life into this program and fan base...something that was desperately needed.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I can't remember feeling quite this way before any season. #Husky Up.

I am super excited too.

But there is a part of me that thinks we might be the fruition of all the changes next season, not this.

But, we should be glimpses of our successful future.

7-6 with a bowl win would be fine for this year. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Reaction Score
I am super excited too.

But there is a part of me that thinks we might be the fruition of all the changes next season, not this.

7-6 with a bowl win would be fine for this year. Anything beyond that is a bonus.
SD that is a VERY realistic view on this season...I hope more fans think the same way.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am super excited too.

I completely agree. I think 6-7 regular season wins is a realistic goal given our schedule. Our tougher games are at home (except ECU) and we have a "road" game at Yankee Stadium. I think it will take some time (games and practices) to completely remove the Pasqualoni stench, but it definitely feels good to go into a season feeling optimistic and excited again. I think that by the time we hit mid-October, this team should start to hit a stride...especially with a better conditioned squad.

6-7 wins this year. Then next year start the talk of 9-10 win seasons. That's my hope anyway. , optimism is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom