I Agree. Do You? | The Boneyard

I Agree. Do You?

Reaction Score
What is so impressive about Nika is that she has learned how to make the most of her skill set. She isn't a natural scorer, isn't overly fast or quick, not a great leaper, not an Aubrey-like athlete. What she has is a tireless work ethic, an understanding of how to best accentuate her strong areas, the confidence that she will excel, and a strong desire to kick butt that the best athletes have. She'll never be a Paige or Caitlin, but neither of them can do all the things Nika can. Lots of Boneyards have questioned whether she should be a starter over her 3 years - Geno knew better.

Reaction Score
I couldn't agree more. Nika is just one of about a thousand reasons why I'm so proud to be a Husky fan, and always will be. I got hooked on this wonderful team the first time I watched the furious determination of Jen Rizzotti. Nika burns with the same fire. I've been all in ever since and I can't wait for the quest for #12 to begin this fall.

Thank you, Jen, thank you, Nika and thank you to the dozens of others who came in between.

Reaction Score
Nika and Geno seem to agree. From an article, I believe her freshman year:

Growing up, I wasn’t the best offensive player. I always had good offensive players on my team whether it was the national team, my club team, even here,” she said. “I always kind of took pride in the stuff that people didn’t really like to do like defense, doing the dirty work, little things that might go under the radar, that people might not notice. So I always took pride in that because I knew like my team sees it, my coaches see, and that’s all that mattered to me.”

That mindset is why Auriemma often refers to Mühl as an old-school player.

“Today’s world, scoring points is what it’s all about, right? That’s what gets you on TikTok, that’s what gets your social media thing going,” Auriemma said. “Nika is not about that. In today’s day and age, she’s an anomaly I would say.”

Reaction Score
If you asked me at any time in the last 30 years who my favorite player (men or women) was, the answer was Jenn Rizzotti. At some point this year, I do believe Nika may have taken that spot!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom