I’m really going to miss Christyn doing her best impressions of Jerry Rice | The Boneyard

I’m really going to miss Christyn doing her best impressions of Jerry Rice

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
Especially when paired with Paige’s Joe Montana. Say what you will about Christyn Williams, but her fly patterns were absolutely brilliant. She was one of the best ever at running full speed, with a defender close on her heels, catching basketballs thrown full court over her shoulder and then contorting her body to gently lay it into the basket. One of the best ever. I don’t know how many times over the past few years I’ve jumped up and exclaimed “How’d she do that?!” Here are SNY’s Allen Bestwick and Meg Culmo on the call, just two more in a long line of announcers left searching for superlatives to describe what they’d just witnessed:

Thanks for the memories CW, and best of everything in your future endeavors. You will be missed!

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, it seems like for every successful long pass like these, there are even more misses.
And often they come at a chance to expand a small lead into a larger one. Usually it is better to play smart and just keep trying and executing to get the best shot.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, it seems like for every successful long pass like these, there are even more misses.
And often they come at a chance to expand a small lead into a larger one. Usually it is better to play smart and just keep trying and executing to get the best shot.
One in every crowd

Reaction Score
No attack @Conndog just a different opinion. UConn women have a nation wide fan base due to their style of play. You can't recruit players capable of making spectacular plays and tie them down. These are the plays that have eyes glued to the game so as not to miss one. That and with out a few each game many of us could not come up with a Kibitzer Memorial Bad Ass Award. ;)

The UConn women average 14 turnovers a game to the opponents 16.1.
Points off of turnovers 17.9 to the opponents 11.8.
Assists which are what we are discussing 17.9 to the opponents 10.6.
Very often the quickest shot can be the best shot and a smart play before the D can set up. Something tells me Geno and Chris have a handle on the risk/reward ratio. Can't wait to see Paige and Nika threading the needle next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom