I’ll just say it... | The Boneyard

I’ll just say it...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stanford is looking very good. Good ball movement. Scoring from a lot of areas. If they get an open look they are accurate.

They are going to be a tough out the rest of the way.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Note that unlike most other teams that are still alive, Stanford has had only one competitive game in this NCAA tournament. Utah Valley and Missouri State have not been serious opponents.

In their second game against Oklahoma State, Stanford was challenged and ended up winning by just 11 points. The Cowgirls actually won the second half of that game by 4 points, after being down by 15 at the half.

I don't think you can draw a lot of conclusions about their potential to win the tournament from a game such as today's. I'm not sure whether Oregon or Louisville would be a more challenging Elite 8 opponent for Stanford, but they are certainly more familiar with Oregon. Stanford beat Oregon at home by 7 points on January 8, and by just 2 points in their away game on February 15. Based on that, Oregon could be a serious threat to them if they make it to the Elite 8.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford's biggest challenge is staying focused. Been a problem all year. Get big leads, then let the other team back in it. Or let a team hang around for a good chunk of a game, then go on a big run, then let up again. Both Oregon games they had sizable leads that shrank. The Oklahoma St. game, while the margin was relatively close, there was never any chance Stanford was gonna lose.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is a "looking ahead" thread or not...if Yes... Bad juju!!! :( If just a comment about eye test regarding Stanford, it's the same thing that has been said about Baylor until their recent OT 3 point win over Michigan (a 6 seed). ;)

At this point in the Tournament, the Teams remaining are supposed to be GOOD. I suspect people are writing on other boards how good UCONN is looking. Winning a National Championship is supposed to be hard...if it were easy, anyone could do it. :cool:

Stanford did not look that great against OK State...although they did beat an 8 seed by 11 points, and Missouri State (a 5 seed) really did not match up very well vs Stanford.

Yep..Stanford has a lot of height and some really good players, but they too have their flaws...

IF we get to play them, it will be in the NC Game...clearly that will be a great show case for WBB. It will pit the two best Coaches in the Women's game against each other and two teams that have a lot to like... who can handle the stage? Geno has had a lot of success in NC games...that should give us a reason to have a positive outlook to that possible matchup... BUT We both have to win 2 more games to get there...and they are going to be challenges.

I will always pull for UCONN!!! :D

GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Stanford will choke like they always do. When the pressure is on against a good team when it counts, they "turtle" up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom