Hypothetically, would you even be that happy if we end up in the ACC? | The Boneyard

Hypothetically, would you even be that happy if we end up in the ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They've passed over us 6 times now. They've left us out to dry. They've told us that we're worse than a commuter school from Kentucky. They made Herbst look like a fool when she begged, and then lauded Jurich and Ramsey for "pushing their school". As Fishy said earlier, they've used different criteria every time they've expanded, and every time it has changed to hurt UConn.

Obviously we'd accept the offer, but there'd be a bitter taste in my mouth if UConn ends up going to the ACC.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm with you. If UConn went to the ACC tomorrow, I'd probably have very mixed emotions. None of them would be overjoyed. There is only so many times that one can be rejected before moving on to the next pretty girl. The courting of B1G begins/continues...and, hey B12, you want a slice of NYC???

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
No, but I'd be less unhappy.

Reaction Score
Have you looked at who is left in the Big East? I think you suck it up and say yes. Happy may not be the right word, but certainly relieved!

Reaction Score
I mean c'mon! This conference is a disaster and I want games with Tulane like I want a hole in the head.

Reaction Score
Yes I would be happy, but only because it is the lesser of two evils at this point

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In my Titanic thread (which itself sunk quickly down the page :eek:) I referred to the ACC as a trawler. They are far more of a haven than the current BE but it seems that they are about to be the New ACC

Reaction Score
Does anyone actually think that FSU, Miami, and Clemson are happy in any way? The fact is that by taking Louisville the ACC plugged a hole, but did nothing to increase the football profile of the ACC and did nothing to increase the chances of the ACC "football schools" playing for a national championship. Admittedly, Connecticut would do less for the ACC than Louisville from a football perspective, but Lousiville was the only winner (short term) here today. Exapand with Connecticut now or in a year from now, but Connecticut will be going (as the latest short term winner) from a dead conference to a dying conference.

Reaction Score
Outside of general spite, the ACC has everything UConn wants. Great basketball. Many of the former Big East rivals. Good geography. Strong academics. Good oversall sports. The only reason not the join the ACC would be if a different conference came calling (The Big 10 is the only realistic option) and even then it would generally be a pure financial decision to turn down the ACC. Let's face it. Ignoring the money, if UConn could pick one conference to join, the ACC pretty much checks all the boxes and is the logical choice.

People just don't like the ACC because either they blame the ACC for ruining the Big East or are bitter for being passed over for Pitt and Louisville. Or Both. But acting logically and not emotionally, the ACC is where UConn should be.

Reaction Score
Does anyone actually think that FSU, Miami, and Clemson are happy in any way? The fact is that by taking Louisville the ACC plugged a hole, but did nothing to increase the football profile of the ACC and did nothing to increase the chances of the ACC "football schools" playing for a national championship. Admittedly, Connecticut would do less for the ACC than Louisville from a football perspective, but Lousiville was the only winner (short term) here today. Exapand with Connecticut now or in a year from now, but Connecticut will be going (as the latest short term winner) from a dead conference to a dying conference.

Miami and Clemson voted to increase the exit fee a few months back and then replaced Maryland with an arguably superior Athletic program. Why exactly are they unhappy? FSU may be a different story, but all reports indicate they wanted Louisville. So at least they got something they wanted.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't. First off, the ACC is a joke of a football conference. It is number 5 by a wide margin. Second, ACC hoops is top heavy and can quickly deteriorate in a few years. What will Syracuse be without Boeheim, Duke without Coach K, Louisville without Pitino? Look at what has happened to BC, WF, GT and Miami. Their teams in both sports are significantly worse than they were 5-10 years ago. One thing that I have learned through all of this, is that the ACC, its schools and fanbases are stuck in the past and not the future. I want no part of that, except if our only option is where we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom