Husky Ticket Project | The Boneyard

Husky Ticket Project

Reaction Score
Boneyarders,

I posted this in the Football board, so please excuse the duplication, but we are looking for all of #UConnNation's help.

Fellow young alumni and myself have started an organization called Husky Ticket Project (@Stubs4Pups).

Our goal is to source donations from other UConn Alumni and fans in an effort to fund ticket purchases and send local CT youth organizations to football games this fall. With success, this will be expanded to basketball and hockey as well.

We are establishing an initial goal of $4000, or about 40 tickets and parking passes to each football game this season. We have already partnered with a number of organizations, including Nutmeg Big Brothers Big Sisters and Hartford Boys & Girls Club. Of course, other recommendations are appreciated as well!

The difference between us and a traditional donation to the athletic department is simple. With us, you know exactly where your money is going and we plan to send updates through social and email with attendees from each game. Furthermore, we are not only helping the community, but we are generating ticket revenue for the University. We are putting butts in seats, generating revenue, and building a fanbase.

Any amount is appreciated. Please help build the next generation of Husky fans.
Click here to support Husky Ticket Project organized by HuskyTicketProject Stubs4Pups

TL : DR: Please donate to a worthy cause supporting your university and the local community.

Reaction Score
Just wanted to provide a quick update that we are very proud of and feel that it is important to share to express our vision for this project.

As I am sure many of you are aware, last week the University announced a scholarship in the memory of Alex Schachter, the 14-year-old boy who was killed in the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida in February. He was a lifelong UConn fan and was hoping to attend post graduation as a member of the marching band.

We were able to reach out to his family that lives in Connecticut to offer them tickets to as many games as they requested for this upcoming season. Throughout the season, the UConn Marching band will be honoring Alex with the playing of his favorite song from Chicago 25-6-to-4. It is our honor to send them to games to be able to see this.

The fact that the marching band has been able to rally around Alex and push forward his spirit is exactly what makes us proud to be a part of UConn Nation. These are the types of experiences that happen across Universities all over this country, and we are trying to make sure that everyone has an opportunity to see them. Sports can often be more than just a game, and these are the examples that show how special they can be.

We hope you will choose to donate to our cause. These were the types of opportunities that we know we can help with. Please feel free to reach out with any questions. Thank you!

Click here to support Husky Ticket Project organized by HuskyTicketProject Stubs4Pups

Reaction Score
I provided this update to the football board, but wanted to give everyone an update here as well.

Happy to announce that we are sending the family of the Parkland County Shooting victim to each home game this season with 10 tickets for them to bring other family and friends. His father and brother will also be coming up from Florida for at least one game this season.

I provide this update to the Yard because a lot of you are a huge reason why we are finding success with this project. Whether its partnerships with youth organizations or instances like this, we are making a small difference with a team and University we are so passionate about. So, thank you!

If anyone else is interested in donating, we are still about $1000 away from our goal. Any support is much appreciated. Again, thank you.
Click here to support Husky Ticket Project organized by Stubs4Pups

C

Chief00

Just wanted to provide a quick update that we are very proud of and feel that it is important to share to express our vision for this project.

As I am sure many of you are aware, last week the University announced a scholarship in the memory of Alex Schachter, the 14-year-old boy who was killed in the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida in February. He was a lifelong UConn fan and was hoping to attend post graduation as a member of the marching band.

We were able to reach out to his family that lives in Connecticut to offer them tickets to as many games as they requested for this upcoming season. Throughout the season, the UConn Marching band will be honoring Alex with the playing of his favorite song from Chicago 25-6-to-4. It is our honor to send them to games to be able to see this.

The fact that the marching band has been able to rally around Alex and push forward his spirit is exactly what makes us proud to be a part of UConn Nation. These are the types of experiences that happen across Universities all over this country, and we are trying to make sure that everyone has an opportunity to see them. Sports can often be more than just a game, and these are the examples that show how special they can be.

We hope you will choose to donate to our cause. These were the types of opportunities that we know we can help with. Please feel free to reach out with any questions. Thank you!

I love the enthusiasm and effort. Your heart is in the right place.
BUT, you must be VERY CAREFUL with HS aged kids. You need to be aware of NCAA rules. These rules don’t apply in grades 1-8th.

Reaction Score
I love the enthusiasm and effort. Your heart is in the right place.
BUT, you must be VERY CAREFUL with HS aged kids. You need to be aware of NCAA rules. These rules don’t apply in grades 1-8th.
Of course, and we have been working with the compliance office. We are also not affiliating with the athletic department or university, so technically we are just 3 people buying a bulk order of season tickets and distributing them to whomever we want.

C

Chief00

Of course, and we have been working with the compliance office. We are also not affiliating with the athletic department or university, so technically we are just 3 people buying a bulk order of season tickets and distributing them to whomever we want.

I don’t know if technically you should be looking at it that way - as just 3 people buying tickets - if you are a booster or perhaps an alumnae - the NCAA may not view it that way. I have done similar stuff and there’s a form the university can give you to have each kid sign that will protect you.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the heads up. As I mentioned, we are working closely with the ticket office and compliance department so we should be covered. Also, no one we plan to give tickets to is 8th grade or older.

Thanks for looking out though, Chief.

Reaction Score
Great news. We were able to purchase 60 season tickets and 6 parking passes for each football game. The ticket office came back with a sizable discount for our group order to accomodate. For those interested, here are the organizations that we partnered with:

Hartford Catholic Worker
Nutmeg Big Brothers Big Sisters
The Susie Foundation
Hartford Youth Scholars
Klingberg Family Centers
Governor's Prevention Partnership
RiseUp
Middletown Youth Bureau
Boys and Girls Club of Southeastern CT
ConnectiKids

Thank you to everyone who donated. We will be looking to continue this for basketball season and beyond. Stay tuned for updates.

Reaction Score
We're starting to raise money for basketball season and wanted to show you our progress from football season. We've had some great feedback from our partner organizations and want this to keep growing. See ya'll at tomorrow's game. Go Huskies.

Read about it here:
https://shoutout.wix.com/so/ddMSDYGTD
Donate here: www.gofundme.com/HuskyTicketProject

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member