Husky Ticket Project | The Boneyard

Husky Ticket Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boneyarders,

Looking for your help in finding deserving youth groups and organizations for a new initiative that a group of alumni are working on. Basically, we will be sourcing donations over the next few months to purchase UConn Football tickets for local CT youth.

Our first step is to start putting together a database of potential schools, organizations, and teams to reach out to. If you can comment with contact names/emails, it will go a long way in helping us get our start. For more info, follow us on twitter @HuskyTicketProject or check out our gofundme at:
Click here to support Husky Ticket Project organized by HuskyTicketProject Stubs4Pups

We have not started sourcing donations yet, but if you have any questions or would like to reach out, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your help guys. We really think this can go a long way in helping the community and laying the foundation of the next generation of UConn Football fans. #Stubs4Pups

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Hey man,

This is such an awesome idea. I would recommend the Hartford Catholic Worker--they run a kids after school program on Clark St (across from the old Clark St School) and they are heavily involved with Husky Sport, which is a UConn student org that matches students with different community programs. Here's some info for them:

Hartford Catholic Worker
18 Clark St
Hartford, CT
860-724-7066
purplehousecw@gmail.com

I really couldn't recommend them enough. I won on field passes to the spring game two years ago and took a couple of kids from there and they had an absolute blast. We already are taking kids to the Yard Goats game, so they're definitely open to chaperoning kids at these kinds of events.

Reaction Score
Hey man,

This is such an awesome idea. I would recommend the Hartford Catholic Worker--they run a kids after school program on Clark St (across from the old Clark St School) and they are heavily involved with Husky Sport, which is a UConn student org that matches students with different community programs. Here's some info for them:

Hartford Catholic Worker
18 Clark St
Hartford, CT
860-724-7066
purplehousecw@gmail.com

I really couldn't recommend them enough. I won on field passes to the spring game two years ago and took a couple of kids from there and they had an absolute blast. We already are taking kids to the Yard Goats game, so they're definitely open to chaperoning kids at these kinds of events.
This is a great lead. We will reach out and see if they are interested. Thanks for passing along!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Boneyarders,

Looking for your help in finding deserving youth groups and organizations for a new initiative that a group of alumni are working on. Basically, we will be sourcing donations over the next few months to purchase UConn Football tickets for local CT youth.

Our first step is to start putting together a database of potential schools, organizations, and teams to reach out to. If you can comment with contact names/emails, it will go a long way in helping us get our start. For more info, follow us on twitter @HuskyTicketProject or check out our gofundme at:
Click here to support Husky Ticket Project organized by HuskyTicketProject Stubs4Pups

We have not started sourcing donations yet, but if you have any questions or would like to reach out, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your help guys. We really think this can go a long way in helping the community and laying the foundation of the next generation of UConn Football fans. #Stubs4Pups

Just a heads up that there are rules and regulations you need to follow on who can receive free/donated tickets.

I bought 30 additional tickets for the USF game last year and worked with the ticket office to find a worthy cause. I would take that route if I were you as well, they were very helpful.

Reaction Score
Just a heads up that there are rules and regulations you need to follow on who can receive free/donated tickets.

I bought 30 additional tickets for the USF game last year and worked with the ticket office to find a worthy cause. I would take that route if I were you as well, they were very helpful.
Yup, thanks for the heads up. Its a little different because we aren't having the ticket office donate for us directly. Once you involve the ticket office, it becomes officially through the athletic department which has to adhere to NCAA regulations. In our scenario, we are purchasing them and giving them out ourselves, just as if any other season ticket holder decided to give away their personal tickets.

Either way, we are working with the compliance office to make sure everything we do is within NCAA regulations.

Reaction Score
Boneyarders,

How about reaching out to the Make a Wish Foundation (CT Chapter) in Trumbull, or the Ronald McDonald House (CT Chapter), in New Haven, or Special Olympics. I'll bet those kids and their families would appreciate the thoughts and initiative.

Reaction Score
How about reaching out to the Make a Wish Foundation (CT Chapter) in Trumbull, or the Ronald McDonald House (CT Chapter), in New Haven, or Special Olympics. I'll bet those kids and their families would appreciate the thoughts and initiative.
Great ideas, thanks for the suggestions!

Reaction Score
I used to donate my spare basketball and football tickets to Big Brothers/Big Sisters in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Great idea. Be sure to publicize how to donate so we can help out. Maybe you'll bring the next Kevon Jones to a game.

Reaction Score
Best Buddies - great "organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD)." CT office in North Haven 203 234 3996

Big Brothers/Sisters

Reaction Score
Great idea. Be sure to publicize how to donate so we can help out. Maybe you'll bring the next Kevon Jones to a game.
More than a dozen years ago we used to call the Mets, red Sox and yanks to bring long lane kids. Only the mets gave tickets. I'm sure there is a joke there somewhere.

Like the OP said, this is different, I applaud him.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the great suggestions guys. We started reaching out to some of these organizations and already have some interest. We plan to start collecting donations in about a week or so. We will report back here when we are live.

Keep spreading the word!

Reaction Score
???... “For more info, follow us on twitter @HuskyTicketProject or check out our gofundme at: Click here to support Husky Ticket Project organized by HuskyTicketProject Stubs4Pups” ???

Two things you can do to stimulate more donations and assure the donors the money is truly being spent as advertised:
1. If you could somehow partner with a 501(C)3 organization, like the UConn Foundation, to be the recipient of the donations, the donations would be tax deductible.
2. If that were the case, you would likely generate more donations and the donors would have a greater sense of security that the money is being spent as advertised. Not an indictment of the organizers of this effort or their intentions, but just some surety in these times of warm and fuzzy sounding programs that don't always do what they promised.

Reaction Score
Two things you can do to stimulate more donations and assure the donors the money is truly being spent as advertised:
1. If you could somehow partner with a 501(C)3 organization, like the UConn Foundation, to be the recipient of the donations, the donations would be tax deductible.
2. If that were the case, you would likely generate more donations and the donors would have a greater sense of security that the money is being spent as advertised. Not an indictment of the organizers of this effort or their intentions, but just some surety in these times of warm and fuzzy sounding programs that don't always do what they promised.
Totally hear you. One of the things that we are working on is figuring out the best way to build up authenticity. We understand that right now, we have no credibility other than our word. Once we get started, we want to keep all donors up to date with the recipients of each game. Pictures from the game, email newsletters, and social media updates are all things that we are dedicated in providing our supporters. These are things that you don't necessarily get when you make "blind" donations to the Foundation. With us, you know exactly how your donation is helping the local community.

For us, we see a few downsides to partnering with the Foundation or Athletic Development. It ties our hands a bit with who we can partner with. NCAA regulations are more strict once you partner with the University. Also, we feel that one of our biggest advantages is the peer to peer nature of our organization. We are alumni reaching out to alumni, rather than the corporate feel you get from The Foundation.

After year 1, depending on our success, we have plans to file as a tax deductible non profit.

Reaction Score
Totally hear you. One of the things that we are working on is figuring out the best way to build up authenticity. We understand that right now, we have no credibility other than our word. Once we get started, we want to keep all donors up to date with the recipients of each game. Pictures from the game, email newsletters, and social media updates are all things that we are dedicated in providing our supporters. These are things that you don't necessarily get when you make "blind" donations to the Foundation. With us, you know exactly how your donation is helping the local community.

For us, we see a few downsides to partnering with the Foundation or Athletic Development. It ties our hands a bit with who we can partner with. NCAA regulations are more strict once you partner with the University. Also, we feel that one of our biggest advantages is the peer to peer nature of our organization. We are alumni reaching out to alumni, rather than the corporate feel you get from The Foundation.

After year 1, depending on our success, we have plans to file as a tax deductible non profit.
This all sounds awesome to me! Can't wait to help the cause, I will surely be following you guys on twitter/boneyard to see what the next steps are!

Reaction Score

It's a good idea. Keep everyone up to date on when and how to help with donations and other support.

Reaction Score
When we sponsored all those students to the fiesta bowl from this board we asked @HuskyNan to be the keeper of funds. She brought instant trust and the dollars flowed in. Was never more proud of this collection of misfits. :) and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Our goal was to send two and we ended up sending five I believe.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
When we sponsored all those students to the fiesta bowl from this board we asked @HuskyNan to be the keeper of funds. She brought instant trust and the dollars flowed in. Was never more proud of this collection of misfits. :) and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Our goal was to send two and we ended up sending five I believe.
Four students. We originally tried to raise $500 to send a student to the Fiesta Bowl and ended up with $3300. I have a picture of you and me with the winners somewhere.

I’ll be glad to help with this project

Reaction Score
Four students. We originally tried to raise $500 to send a student to the Fiesta Bowl and ended up with $3300. I have a picture of you and me with the winners somewhere.

I’ll be glad to help with this project
That's awesome. I know the Yard has been able to do some really cool stuff like this in the past and that there will be people willing to help out with our project too. We have a couple meetings next week, but our plan is to start reaching out the following week.

Will keep everyone posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger