Husky Run results | The Boneyard

Husky Run results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KO ran 3.4 miles at better than a 6:30 pace.... holy f-- crap. I think he could start for the Celtics until Rondo heals from his "slip in the shower".

Other than the bulky PF, everyone was under 8 mins per mile, so no major conditioning concerns and doesn't appear anyone was loafing it.

Little worried that the Ferrari essentially finished tied for 9th on the team. Did someone forget to put high octane gas in? I've got Purvis as odds on favorite to lose his lunch at first practice.

Very encouraged by Omar's results (healthy!) and to see Brimah & Boatright showing leadership with all out times.

Did JC run? I bet he could have beaten Lubin.

Reaction Score
“If you all could see Amida in pickup games and in practice,” Boatright told reporters. “He has a consistent, every day, knock-down 15 footer. He catches almost every ball now. Last year, we used to throw him a lot of passes and he’d fumble it. But his hands have gotten a lot better. He’s a force defensively. Man, Amida looks real good, that’s all I’m going to say.”

http://sportzedge.com/2014/10/01/amida-brimah-wins-uconn-mens-basketballs-husky-run/

A lot to look forward to for the greatest fans in the world...

Winner – Amida Brimah – 20:22
Omar Calhoun – 20:51
Head Coach Kevin Ollie – 21:25
Kentan Facey – 21:48
Ryan Boatright – 21:50
Terrence Samuel – 22:12
Daniel Hamilton – 24:01
Rodney Purvis – 25:37
Sam Cassell Jr. – 25:38
Phillip Nolan – 25:46
Nnamdi Amilo – 26:40
Rakim Lubin – 29:14
Pat Lenehan – Did not run
Marcel Lewis – Did not run

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I take it Marcel Lewis must be the name of our sole walk-on.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
KO ran 3.4 miles at better than a 6:30 pace.... holy f-- crap. I think he could start for the Celtics until Rondo heals from his "slip in the shower".

Other than the bulky PF, everyone was under 8 mins per mile, so no major conditioning concerns and doesn't appear anyone was loafing it.

Little worried that the Ferrari essentially finished tied for 9th on the team. Did someone forget to put high octane gas in? I've got Purvis as odds on favorite to lose his lunch at first practice.

Very encouraged by Omar's results (healthy!) and to see Brimah & Boatright showing leadership with all out times.

Did JC run? I bet he could have beaten Lubin.

I'd say Lubin looks like the first lunch loser from these results...

Reaction Score
LOVE seeing Omar up there. AB used to play soccer so I'm sure the run was nothing for him

Amida was an All State Track & Field guy in H.S. I believe he was like 3rd or 4th in the in the High Jump.... He's got spider legs. I predicted him to win the Husky Run last year. I was only 1 year off. Sounds like he's improving at everything this off season!

Reaction Score
if brimah won this race, then good things are in storrs for uconn

Reaction Score
What was the story back in the day with Khalid El-Amin and the Husky Run? If memory servers me it was funny on our end, maybe not so much on Coach Calhouns. Didn't he walk it?

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
What was the story back in the day with Khalid El-Amin and the Husky Run? If memory servers me it was funny on our end, maybe not so much on Coach Calhouns. Didn't he walk it?
http://articles.courant.com/2004-10-13/sports/0410130050_1_huskies-khalid-el-amin-taliek-brown

"The 3.4-mile dash is not always an indicator of basketball success. The best example remains Khalid El-Amin. His expansive nature may have been suited to long-distance running, but his expansive appetite was not. El-Amin finished last in each of his attempts at the Husky Run, mainly because he was intolerant of hills, which, as anyone who has been to Storrs knows, dominate the course. The memory of El-Amin strolling near the Hilltop dorms still draws smiles from the UConn coaches fortunate enough to have witnessed his struggles. The performance generates smiles because El-Amin led the Huskies to three straight NCAA Tournament berths and a national championship. The flip side of that coin is Taliek Brown, who won this race last season..."

Reaction Score
if brimah won this race, then good things are in storrs for uconn
Why? I don't think you can directly equate success in this race to basketball success.

2010 race results:
Kyle Bailey (21:12)
Tyler Olander (21:15)
Jamal Coombs-McDaniel (21:22)
Shabazz Napier (21:58)
Alex Oriakhi (22:10)
Michael Bradley (22:22)
Charles Okwandu and Roscoe Smith (22:28)
Walker (22:50)
Niels Giffey (23:44)
Jeremy Lamb (23:44)

Tyler Olander was the first scholarship player to finish. Yup, sure helped his career! Kemba was near the bottom. Yup, sure held his career back!

I can go back to other races if you want to show that there is no correlation between running a long distance fast and basketball success.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Why? I don't think you can directly equate success in this race to basketball success.

2010 race results:
Kyle Bailey (21:12)
Tyler Olander (21:15)
Jamal Coombs-McDaniel (21:22)
Shabazz Napier (21:58)
Alex Oriakhi (22:10)
Michael Bradley (22:22)
Charles Okwandu and Roscoe Smith (22:28)
Walker (22:50)
Niels Giffey (23:44)
Jeremy Lamb (23:44)

Tyler Olander was the first scholarship player to finish. Yup, sure helped his career! Kemba was near the bottom. Yup, sure held his career back!

I can go back to other races if you want to show that there is no correlation between running a long distance fast and basketball success.
I think that B1GEast's comment is less that the run equals success and more that if we have a big man with the kind of shot blocking ability and the kind of stamina that the run requires in order to win, then we should expect good things to come. I can get on board with that.

Reaction Score
I think that B1GEast's comment is less that the run equals success and more that if we have a big man with the kind of shot blocking ability and the kind of stamina that the run requires in order to win, then we should expect good things to come. I can get on board with that.

I can't believe someone had to point this out to him, but thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99