6. Omar Calhoun, 22:27
7. Tyler Olander, 22:28
8. Phil Nolan, 23:35
9. Enosch Wolf, 23:47
10. R.J. Evans, 25:02
11. Shabazz Napier, DNP (injury)

DeAndre Daniels Wins Husky Run

Reaction Score
So basically everyone except R.J. Evans ran under a 7 minute mile. Still not very impressive times but it's suppossed to be fun, not an indicator of conditioning. UConn always has the most fit players.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
So basically everyone except R.J. Evans ran under a 7 minute mile. Still not very impressive times but it's suppossed to be fun, not an indicator of conditioning. UConn always has the most fit players.
To be fair there is a difference between running a sub 7 minute mile and maintaining that pace for 3.5ish miles. And like you said it's just a fun run, I'm sure they could get their times down if it was a real competition with something on the line.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

First, I don't believe that it's really 3.4 miles.

Second, if it is, those are more than impressive times. (Especially for a group of kids who do not exactly have runner's physiques.)

Reaction Score
glad to hear Ollie is stressing boxing out, hopefully it shows on the court. It seems the inability to box out has been an issue for a few years now, guys just getting by on their length and athleticism. That luxury isn't there this year.

Reaction Score
First, I don't believe that it's really 3.4 miles.

Second, if it is, those are more than impressive times. (Especially for a group of kids who do not exactly have runner's physiques.)

I played varsity tennis at UConn. I know it's a joke of a sport to most of you, but everyone on the team would beat those times..

This was a a fun race and I don't think the players were really competing. The bball season can't start soon enough!!

Reaction Score
I played varsity tennis at UConn. I know it's a joke of a sport to most of you, but everyone on the team would beat those times..
So why was the fastest guy in the school who ran the race only a few seconds faster than Daniels? Wouldn't the tennis team run in it if they could all beat those times?I'm sure most of the players weren't giving it their all but Daniels' time seems pretty good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

This was a a fun race and I don't think the players were really competing. The bball season can't start soon enough!!

I've never played tennis, but I've been a race director for a 5K.

As such, I am going to call bull s*** on your initial statement that the times were not good and bull s*** on your contention that a bunch of tennis-playin' Brie-eatin' fancy pants would all better those times. You'd all be gasping and pulling at your popped collars.

Caveat - if that's actually a 3.4 mile run. That's even more implausible to me.

Say that it is a 3.4 mile run and that Daniels ran his 5K in about 18 minutes even.

He's obviously not in shape to run a marathon, but someone who runs an 18-minute 5K and has the proper endurance training is probably capable of a 2:55 marathon.

Reaction Score

And how many tennis players are 6'9''? Those are incredibly good times for basketball players. So good in fact, that like Fishy said, it calls into question the actual length of the course.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I did the Husky run four times. Never had a time over 20 minutes.

It's more like 3.1 miles than 3.4 depending on how you cut corners.

Reaction Score
It's a fun run who cares what their times are, you don't have to be good at running a 5k to be a good bball player, that being said I could whoop those times when I was in 6th grade.

Reaction Score
If anyone takes anything from these times, they are challenged.

Reaction Score

As such, I am going to call bull s*** on your initial statement that the times were not good and bull s*** on your contention that a bunch of tennis-playin' Brie-eatin' fancy pants would all better those times. You'd all be gasping and pulling at your popped collars.

Say that it is a 3.4 mile run and that Daniels ran his 5K in about 18 minutes even.

He's obviously not in shape to run a marathon, but someone who runs an 18-minute 5K and has the proper endurance training is probably capable of a 2:55 marathon.

You were cleary never an athlete Fishy, not a big deal. Yep, we ate brie in South Campus every Tuesday.

If you read my post I said the times were not overly impressive. Not a knock on the team I said it was a fun race and not competitive. Anyone that runs a good 5k would agree with me. Daniels had a good time, but a lot of boneyarders would beat the rest of the times.

Reaction Score

Like Paul Ryan

Reaction Score
It surprises me that a 5th year senior GUARD who has been though the most conditioning and workouts out of anyone on the roster comes in 10th place? I know this was just for fun and what not but it's just weird that big centers and forwards beat a Guard that I thought would be 1 of the most conditioned guys on the team. Guess not....

Reaction Score
Paul Ryan is the fastest, strongest and most physically fit man in the country, according to Paul Ryan.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I'm 6'5" 250 and could run it in 17 minutes.

You are slow like a brontosaur.

I am 6'6, 265 and I can run it in 16 minutes. I run like the wind!

Reaction Score
You were cleary never an athlete Fishy, not a big deal. Yep, we ate brie in South Campus every Tuesday.

If you read my post I said the times were not overly impressive. Not a knock on the team I said it was a fun race and not competitive. Anyone that runs a good 5k would agree with me. Daniels had a good time, but a lot of boneyarders would beat the rest of the times.

Have to agree with Huskiesnyc here. Many tennis players are in awesome shape. I also play tennis so I know how much physical endurance you need. Some pro level tennis players play 4 to 5 hour matches playing singles. You have to be in incredible shape to last that long on the court.

Reaction Score
As a person who has run 4 marathons, I would pay to see boneyarders run a 5k. I can't get the image of comic book guy running out of my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom