Husky podcast? | The Boneyard

Husky podcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Curious if a Husky podcast exists. I'd think about doing one on a weekly basis during offseason, and more regularly during the season. I'll admit, others who post here will have far more insights. I'd need to rely upon their connections to get guests we'd desire. I'd also need to charge a nominal fee in order to cover the hosting costs, (or gather advertising fees). If it's already done, that's fine. Not looking to duplicate or step on someone's toes. But, I many of us would like to get to hear from some of the players and coaches, even if it's closer to softball questions.

Reaction Score
count me in, i think it could make for some awesome insight

Reaction Score
I would almost definitely not pay for a podcast, specifically if its people like me saying things I'm saying about UConn basketball.

I listen to podcasts that literally make me excited to wake up on Monday morning, that I've listened to for years, and have never cost a penny, so it would be difficult to come to terms with. and no I'm not talking about Obama on Marc Maron this morning.

I will give some input, I think your idea of scheduling is a little much. I think once a week is the perfect podcast time interval. Maybe you would just do a quick 10-15 min end of game recap for each game during the season in addition to a weekly version that would also discuss what happened in the week's games.

Reaction Score
Since I am a member over there I have asked about the design and it being outdated. I was told Yahoo hired an outside design firm based in San Francisco to do a complete overhaul of the site. They said they even eliminated the stuff that puts their pages higher in google searches until they relaunch the new improved site January 1st.

They know they have a dated site and are looking to become a more modern attractive site come the new year.
Thank you for the update. I appreciate it. I look forward to next year. I hope it's not the same "design" group that does their FFB app. It's terrible. Why is the front so small?!

Reaction Score
the thing i dont get when people charge for podcasts, why not just ax the fee and introduce advertising at the beginning of the show? like everybody else.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
A Dime Back does a great job on their Pods. Not frequent enough though.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Sounds intriguing but I'd like to hear more about the talent. Will Fishy ever co-host? Will Chief00 have his own "Quite Frankly" segment? Maybe a pep talk from Scrappy after a hard loss?

Reaction Score
"Carwash Corner" could cover completely undocumented rumors

Reaction Score
If there were enough interest, I'd be happy to have others helping with segments, etc. it'd take me a few months to get things in order. Main concern is how much it would cost for web hosting, etc., and I think it might be hard to get advertising for something that realistically would be successful with say 5,000 listeners, and probably fewer than that, after a year.

I'm a comic, and could make a show entertaining. But, at the same time, I've only met one or maybe two comics who successfully monetize their shows. One is Patrick Melton (Nobody Likes Onions), and he has basically turned his entire life into a show. He gives his fans extra content for $10/month, and has about 600 who pay for that. For awhile he was getting 80,000-110,000 downloads per episode.
I'm not sure if Corine Fisher and her co-host have monetized their podcast, (guys we f@cked).

I think the challenge with something like this is that it's such a niche that doing the work to get the guests would be work in itself, and, while I completely understand not wanting to pay for access to a podcast, I also wouldn't want to spend a lot of money, time, and effort for a net loss.

In that regard, it might be better for me to do a political podcast. You can hit a much larger demographic, and find more advertising possibilities.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If there were enough interest, I'd be happy to have others helping with segments, etc. it'd take me a few months to get things in order. Main concern is how much it would cost for web hosting, etc., and I think it might be hard to get advertising for something that realistically would be successful with say 5,000 listeners, and probably fewer than that, after a year.

I'm a comic, and could make a show entertaining. But, at the same time, I've only met one or maybe two comics who successfully monetize their shows. One is Patrick Melton (Nobody Likes Onions), and he has basically turned his entire life into a show. He gives his fans extra content for $10/month, and has about 600 who pay for that. For awhile he was getting 80,000-110,000 downloads per episode.
I'm not sure if Corine Fisher and her co-host have monetized their podcast, (guys we f@cked).

I think the challenge with something like this is that it's such a niche that doing the work to get the guests would be work in itself, and, while I completely understand not wanting to pay for access to a podcast, I also wouldn't want to spend a lot of money, time, and effort for a net loss.

In that regard, it might be better for me to do a political podcast. You can hit a much larger demographic, and find more advertising possibilities.

We get 25 for a chat. A podcast would be nice, but would never pay for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom