Husky Howl.... | The Boneyard

Husky Howl....

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I was thinking about this this weekend.

While pondering the Boneyard, it's hanging tradition, etc., etc.

And I had a question/thought. Around the time when I first discovered this online assemblage of morons, when we first packed up our stuff and wandered around the internet, leaving piles of destroyed message boards strewn in our wake, I was subscribing to the Husky Howl, to get my regular fix for UConn info.

How many are left here, who were subscribers to the Howl? Before we started arguing among ourselves in real time?

Reaction Score
Perhaps my greatest personal lifetime accomplishment is moving the message board from the Hartford Courant around 1995 or 1996 (?) when they tried to pull a paid subscription crap on us

Used server space at the ad agency I was working. I was heading up the digital interactive ad group. Registered uconnfan.com and provided some of the Boneyard graphics for the message board. Since I had no clue on anything tech or site maintenance Temery thankfully took over and the rest is history.

Temery correct or fill in any of the blanks

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Frank, you are an under appreciated hero among unsung heroes.

I, for one, remember you (only as Frank", back when you pulled that rabbit out of your hat). Now, look upon this horrible mess as your enduring legacy.

And thank you, with much appreciation, considering our traverse of that unending desert.

You are like Moses, man!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was there. Was told I was a moron, and I should just run my own site.
Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

He wasn’t wrong as it turned out.

Reaction Score
Frank, you are an under appreciated hero among unsung heroes.

I, for one, remember you (only as Frank", back when you pulled that rabbit out of your hat). Now, look upon this horrible mess as your enduring legacy.

And thank you, with much appreciation, considering our traverse of that unending desert.

You are like Moses, man!
I appreciate it. Amazing times. I was so pissed what Courant was about to do. No respect and greedy. Glad it gave us transition time to stage 2 when Temery and others picked up the baton

Reaction Score
I was on Husky Howl. Been on any and every Yard variation there’s been. Also on the b-ball.com umass “rivalry” board as well.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I was there. Was told I was a moron, and I should just run my own site.
And you proved him correct by following his advice.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I was on the Howl and also one called Husky Hardcores IIRC. Wasted quite a few hours at work on those sites

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom