Husky Hops | The Boneyard

Husky Hops

Reaction Score
So yesterday was the debut of the new official beer of UConn Athletics. It's been stated previously that it will be served in the future at all UConn events that allow serving of alcoholic beverages.
That being said, food services did no favor to Kinsman Brewing by only having it available at a kiosk to the side of the Jumbotron. Two Roads has a dedicated taphouse, but their products are available throughout the concourse, as are brews from other CT. microbrewers.
Many fans wouldn't make the hike to that one kiosk when so many choices are available closer to where they were seated.
FWIW, Husky Hops is a tasty option, but being seated in Section 103, I'll be forgoing it in favor of other options. (Living in Southington, I can get Husky Hops at its source)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, to recap, the official beer of UConn athletics is available at exactly one concession stand in the entire football stadium???

Methinks whomever negotiated this contract on behalf of Kinsman Brewing would have included some clauses about access and distribution at the games.

Unless Kinsman doesn't have the capacity to support larger distribution to all the concession stands. In which case, UConn sucked at this.

Bottom line, if there is an official beer of UConn athletics, fans shouldn't have to search for it or go on journeys to find it.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
3D886FD4-5C0F-426D-8653-060B8340D7DB.jpeg

Reaction Score
My wife & I walked around the entire concourse & only saw it at the inflated beer can kiosk. (Ironically behind the family, no drinking section)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Good for Kinsman for landing that deal! It could have easily gone to the big brands in state. Kinsman is solid beer and like @coachcap I also in Southington and will have to head over and get some there, assuming they sell it at the brewery.

Reaction Score
Good for Kinsman for landing that deal! It could have easily gone to the big brands in state. Kinsman is solid beer and like @coachcap I also in Southington and will have to head over and get some there, assuming they sell it at the brewery.
In case anyone missed the press release, the manager at Kinsman is a former Husky football player. He initiated the idea with the University's marketing arm to bring Husky Hops to fruition. Now if Kinsman can only ramp up enough production, they may have found their pot of gold under the proverbial rainbow. It's one thing to make enough product to dispense at UConn events. Getting the product into retail points is another animal. Kinsman hasn't previously gone into retail, whereas Relic in Plainville & Firefly in Bristol have "tapped" the retail market VERY successfully.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Kinsman is what George Steinbrenner called his stable of race horses. I'm going to have to overcome that.

Reaction Score
Looks like they did pretty well with their introductory exposure:

Alternate access link here <<

-> Husky Hops — with UConn’s Jonathan the Husky mascot on a dark blue, one-pint can — was first sold on Oct. 16 at Rentschler, where UConn beat Yale 21-15. “We sold out between the second and third quarter,” Staebler said. “The fan reaction was fantastic. Oh my gosh, it was off the charts.” <-

Reaction Score
Looks like they did pretty well with their introductory exposure:

Alternate access link here <<

-> Husky Hops — with UConn’s Jonathan the Husky mascot on a dark blue, one-pint can — was first sold on Oct. 16 at Rentschler, where UConn beat Yale 21-15. “We sold out between the second and third quarter,” Staebler said. “The fan reaction was fantastic. Oh my gosh, it was off the charts.” <-

Looks like that article addressed some issues:
-eventually to be sold in package stores
-to be available in more concession stands at the RENT

Not to be outdone, Two Roads will introduce a 2nd UConn beer at the November game against Houston: Two-Conn. It will be available at the XL Center, the Rent, & @ 150 restaurants across the State. In 2022, it will be available at Gampel & sold in package stores

The article even had a short bio on Kinsman's manager, former UConn d-back Jeff Delucia.

Reaction Score

Spoke this morning with the beer buyer at Southington Wine & Spirit (the town's largest package store). He was aware of the Two Roads Two UConn offering & said that it would be in stores in 2-3 weeks. This is about right because, as previously stated, the official debut for it is at the final home game on Thanksgiving weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom