Husky Hockey on the UConn IMG Audio Network | The Boneyard

Husky Hockey on the UConn IMG Audio Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Husky Hockey on the UConn IMG Audio Network... The University of Connecticut men’s ice hockey team will receive extensive coverage this season on the UConn IMG Audio Network with the debut of the “UConn Hockey Radio Show” with head coach Mike Cavanaugh and game coverage of 12 Husky contests.

The “UConn Hockey Radio Show” will be broadcast from Dave and Buster’s in Manchester from 7-8 p.m. The shows will take place on: Wednesday, 11/4; Monday, 11/9; Tuesday, 12/8; Monday, 1/18; Monday, 1/25; Monday, 2/1; Monday, 2/22; and Wednesday, 3/2.

The game broadcast schedule will be: 10/27 vs. Boston University; 10/31 vs. Notre Dame; 11/6 vs. UMass; 11/10 vs. Army; 11/24 vs. Boston College; 12/6 at UMass-Lowell; 1/22 vs.
Vermont; 1/23 at Boston College; 1/26 vs. Sacred Heart; 2/2 vs. Brown; 2/19 vs. Northeastern; 2/26 vs. New Hampshire

The host of the “UConn Hockey Radio Show” and primary play-by-play announcer of the games will be Rich Coppola, who has been the sports director at Fox61 since 1989. Coppola is an eight-time winner of the Connecticut Sportscaster of the Year Award – given by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.

Coppola will be joined on many of the game broadcasts by Joe D’Ambrosio, the voice of UConn men’s basketball and football and Bob Joyce, the voice of Husky women’s basketball on the network.

Reaction Score
They sound pretty good... Coppola particularly.

Kinda funny to hear Joe D voice and then hear "UConn breaks out of the zone". :p

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They sound pretty good... Coppola particularly.

I listened to the game highlights on the way home yesterday, Coppola is atrocious. I thought he was below the minimum standard for play-by-play. Joe D is pretty good.

Reaction Score
I listened to the game highlights on the way home yesterday, Coppola is atrocious. I thought he was below the minimum standard for play-by-play. Joe D is pretty good.

You're entitled to your opinion.

His hockey knowledge is well ahead of Joe D's - a bit monotone on delivery but I just need a play-by-play guy to give me the details. I'm not looking for entertainment and schtick - just paint a picture of the action unfolding and get the names right..

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
His hockey knowledge is well ahead of Joe D's - a bit monotone on delivery but I just need a play-by-play guy to give me the details. I'm not looking for entertainment and schtick - just paint a picture of the action unfolding and get the names right..

You think he does that? He's way behind the play and slow to identify players. Play-by-play is a skill he has not come close to mastering. He should stick to color when there is better option in the booth.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Everyone that can remember the Whalers have been spoiled by Chuck Kaiton. I have never heard anyone paint a picture in any sport as well as Kaiton.

Reaction Score
Everyone that can remember the Whalers have been spoiled by Chuck Kaiton. I have never heard anyone paint a picture in any sport as well as Kaiton.
Some nights when I head home through NYC commuting traffic I'll turn on the Hurricanes radio broadcast to listen to him. It brings me back to my childhood listening to Whaler games on the radio. I ALWAYS root for what ever team is playing Carolina..but it sure is nice to be able to listen to Chuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom