Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You know how it works. Two matchups per day, so this will last a week. You'll be able to vote for 2 teams, PLEASE DON'T BE A PROVIDENCE LOVING D***K AND VOTE FOR THE SAME MATCHUP TWICE.

First Matchup: @Scoe vs. @maineuconnfan

Scoe:
G: Marcus Williams
G: Doron Sheffer
G: Rashad Anderson
F: Caron Butler
F: Jeff Adrien

MaineUConnFan:
G: Ryan Boatright
G: Albert Mouring
F: Nadav Henefeld
F: Corny Thompson
C: Emeka Okafor

Second Matchup: @UConnSwag11 vs. @Huskyforlife

UConnSwag11:
G: AJ Price
G: Rip Hamilton
F: DeAndre Daniels
F: Clifford Robinson
C: Jake Voskuhl

HuskyforLife:

G: Kemba Walker
G: Jeremy Lamb
F: Niels Giffey
F: Kevin Freeman
C: Hasheem Thabeet

BRACKET:
10z71op.jpg

Reaction Score
Real tough choice here.

Huskyforlife and swag both have very good teams. I'm giving a very slight edge to swag just because I think rip deandre and cliff are slightly better than Jeremy Niels and Kfree.

Husky has the edge with kemba and Hasheem but it's not a big enough advantage over jake and AJ to make up the difference.

I'm going with Scoe in the other matchup given that he features two of the best passers at Uconn with rashad and Caron. Although I think Scoe will have problems on the defensive end in upcoming rounds.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Real tough choice here.

Huskyforlife and swag both have very good teams. I'm giving a very slight edge to swag just because I think rip deandre and cliff are slightly better than Jeremy Niels and Kfree.

Husky has the edge with kemba and Hasheem but it's not a big enough advantage over jake and AJ to make up the difference.

I'm going with Scoe in the other matchup given that he features two of the best passers at Uconn with rashad and Caron. Although I think Scoe will have problems on the defensive end in upcoming rounds.
Good observations. People here really undervalue Marcus Williams and especially Doron Sheffer (averaged 16 pts, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals a game and was one of the best passers of all time in Storrs).

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
PG: Kemba- Best single season in our history, how could you bet against him?
SG: Lamb- 18 ppg and 5 boards, helps take the scoring load off Kemba, and spread the floor
SF: Giffey- Good defense, hustle, heart, and knockdown three point shooting. Also helps on the boards. He's a great "role player."
PF: Freeman: Helps set the tone with Kemba and Giffey, this team is though, they play hard. But he'll help control the boards a lot.
C: Thabeet: Best rim protecter in our history, gives us a low post option, good rebounding.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
My write up will be up shortly. Have some family business to take care of first

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
AJ Price- 6'2 185. Senior lead guard who can run the half court offense or can push the temp to two great wings and two versatile and athletic bigs who can run the floor very well. Stats: 14.7 points, 4.7 assists, 3.5 rebounds, 1 steal, 40% fg and 3 pt, ft 70%

Rip Hamilton: 6-6 185. calhoun said rip could roll out of bed walk into the gym and score 20+. Second leading scorer in UCONN history. Great mid range game and three point shooting. Long athletic would matchup with lamb, rip was a killer and wanted the ball. Too savvy. Stats 22 pts, 5 rb, 3 assists,44% fg, 35% 3fg, 84% FT.

Deandre Daniels: 6'9 195... can shoot a great three ball at a great percentage and has an inside back to the basket game. Long and runs the floor well while finishing at the rim. Giffey was a spot up shooter and didn't have much going for him inside. Also wasn't the quickest. Daniels length would cause problems, outside shooting and speed would be able to go past him. Stats: 13 points, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 47% fg, 42% 3fg, 79% ft.

Cliff Robinson: 6'10 225. big who can step out and shoot the ball or bang down low. Size and length to protect the rim and rebound the ball leading to a fast break. Would keep freeman neutralized. Stats: 20 pts, 8 Rebs,2 assists, 48% fg, 33% 3fg, 68% ft,1 block, 2 steals

Jake Voskhul:7' 245. 7 footer who is a great rim protector and has great size and weight to matchup with thabeet. Can also beat thabeet down the floor. Stats: 9 pts, 6 rbs, 1 assist, 57% fg, 69% ft, 2 blocks, 1 steal

This team is a veteran squad which can score and score in a hurry if need be. If kemba gets by price or rip he has two basically athletic and mobile 7 footers waiting for him. Kembas probably going to put up numbers but outside of him freeman and thabeet would have a hard time scoring against the huge size and length cliff and jake have. giff is only a spot up three shooter who doesn't attack the rim and daniels is long enough to challenge giffs shots. Lamb often came and went I think rip would frustrate him. My team can score buckets and also play great defense due to their size, IQ, athleticism, and experience

edit: done from my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky